Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

Boston was playing LA a few days ago, and Bruins lost 2:9. I was watching the game and honestly, those two teams did not seem to me to be "balanced" at all. And yet they were playing (mostly) with balanced player count.

You got the picture now? Two teams in DCS can be balanced even if one is outnumbered 1:2 (if one of the team has less players with considerably higher skill). That's why nobody is asking for "balanced teams". Just "comparable" number of slots for players...

You completely missed my point.

I was originally making fun of people asking for balanced player counts, which I ((apparently) incorrectly) referred to as 'balanced teams'.

I hate word games. :D

Hope that clears it up!

Lord of Salt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

This setup has undergone considerable amount of testing, therefore we will not be doing changes in this round, but will gather your feedback for next rounds.

Have fun and remember, more players on the other side means more targets ;)

fair point :)

HURR DURR Blue outnumbers red at some point in the day, please cap player amount. :doh:

You want balanced teams? Go play COD!

Did you get bullied in school? I think my point was quite clear. It's about not having 40 vs 20 scenario with 10 waiting outside unable to join. You know what? Next time I'll just turn colors around, then you dont have to twist a point ...

Tonight around 23.45 Nalchik defences were down, I was in nalchik on station after having dropped a stinger team. And I just saw another blue Mi8 get shot down next to me So I decided to lay low.

I am thinking of going back to beslan but after a few minute a kind soul tells me on the chat that there are troops I can pick up 5km for me to get them to nalchik and capture it.

So I quickly start up again my mi8 and go on to follow the instruction (thx to whoever guided me I forgot your nickname), and when I'm almost on the the friendly troops, my connection decided to drop -_- really frustrating. You win this time red

Amount of fuel carried by choppers (logistics) is way too low. For example refueling the Vaziani/TL/SO airbases is nearly impossible because the next FARPs are 50-59nm away. My Mi8 atleast can carry way more^^

Does RED have same problems? I am okay doing some refueling as a chopper pilot, but not a full time job for multiple pilots...

Tonight around 23.45 Nalchik defences were down, I was in nalchik on station after having dropped a stinger team. And I just saw another blue Mi8 get shot down next to me So I decided to lay low.

I am thinking of going back to beslan but after a few minute a kind soul tells me on the chat that there are troops I can pick up 5km for me to get them to nalchik and capture it.

So I quickly start up again my mi8 and go on to follow the instruction (thx to whoever guided me I forgot your nickname), and when I'm almost on the the friendly troops, my connection decided to drop -_- really frustrating. You win this time red

Somehow I don't feel sorry.

A little tast about Warping and how can destroy the situational awerness.... or the "make warp now" situations when you fire to someone and with warping all missiles are defeted because instantly they dont have energy.

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by [TIGER]

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Landing last night at Beslan was spooky, no runway lights and once I was down all I wanted to do was shut off my Nav and gear lights to not attract attention. Then having the choppers flying in and out while I was refueling gave the whole thing great immersion and feel of landing at a just captured airbase.

Great stuff!

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver
  • Like 1

DAY 2 & The Enemy is Running

[ame]

[/ame]

Plus F-15 in Ground Mode over Nalchik. There is an Infantry that doesnt allow Blue to capture it. So I decided to go with Guns :pilotfly:

[ame]

[/ame]

***BONUS VIDEO*** ONE OF THE MOST EPIC HELICOPTER BATTLES

Job Well done from 104th_TitanFire:beer::gun_smilie:

[ame]

[/ame]

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

is there any kind of AWACS available to help mig-21 pilots with finding enemy fighters?

That all depends on whether anyone on is in the forward observer role providing GCI, when we at the 42VFG are on we tend to have someone in that role.

If you see us on buddyspike TS pop down and see if we have someone providing GCI. We're a friendly bunch, most are house trained.

If you're Blue that is.....

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

That all depends on whether anyone on is in the forward observer role providing GCI, when we at the 42VFG are on we tend to have someone in that role.

If you see us on buddyspike TS pop down and see if we have someone providing GCI. We're a friendly bunch, most are house trained.

If you're Blue that is.....

Why would you fly a Blue MiG 21, that's blasphemy to god's plane

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have the 21, and plenty of Blue pilots fly it regularly.

2 provided CAP for us last night as we took Sukhumi.

Edited by BaconSarnie

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

We have the 21, and plenty of Blue pilots fly it regularly.

2 provided CAP for us last night as we took Sukhumi.

I know that you can do it. Just because you can doesn't make it right. Flying a MiG 21 on Blue is like sleeping with your sister. You only really do it if you're from Norfolk but the rest of us know it's just not on.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not being funny, but why are there so many ameriboos in DCS? So many people fly only the F15 and I'm not sure how they can manage only using the most boring aircraft in the game.

Because when you know what you are doing with it, flying it becomes very exciting against other Humans trying to kill you by making real decisions in real time.

Flying the F-15 is only boring to new people who think they know how to use it, when in reality ... they couldn't kill 5 people without getting themselves killed in a MP event like this!

There always seems to be one "expert" A-10 pilot who thinks the F-15 is a boring aircraft to fly, but he actually has no skill at all in the F-15, against other skilled pilots.

I've actually not seen you on fire at the top of any Score list so I'm going to assume you fall in to this camp :)

Please keep your F-15 Hate to yourself.... The truth is, its only boring to you because you can't use it properly ;)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I know that you can do it. Just because you can doesn't make it right. Flying a MiG 21 on Blue is like sleeping with your sister. You only really do it if you're from Norfolk but the rest of us know it's just not on.

What makes it not right? Your capabilities at achieving it doesn't determine whether or not it's correct. There have been several highly entertaining engagements involving the 21 on Blue Flag. Notably, I remember back in round one watching a Tacview recording of a 21 engaging three F-15s. The 21 won.