All I Know About DCS:Black Shark (newbie guide)

AlienMind

That's really great and a great help. thanks for putting the effort in to that :)

CLICK HERE for the PDF

Edited by Staybullex
to add the PDF from a different link :)

Cooler Master "Sniper" case, ASUS 6PT, Intel i7 920 2.66GHz,8MB Cache,4.8GT/s, 16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 1333, Sapphire 6950 frex 2gb, NZXT Precise 850W, SAMSUNG Blu-Ray Re-Writer Super Format drive, SAMSUNG 1TB x2 SATA2 7200rpm/32mb, HP 24'' w2408H @1900x1200, Windows7

I've read through it and it's excellent... but why do I need modman?

Cooler Master "Sniper" case, ASUS 6PT, Intel i7 920 2.66GHz,8MB Cache,4.8GT/s, 16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 1333, Sapphire 6950 frex 2gb, NZXT Precise 850W, SAMSUNG Blu-Ray Re-Writer Super Format drive, SAMSUNG 1TB x2 SATA2 7200rpm/32mb, HP 24'' w2408H @1900x1200, Windows7

Nice to know it helped some!

Staybullex: Thanks for hosting it somewhere else. About your question: You could install the "SimMod Terrain" without "Modman", but it helps you toggle it off again in case you don't like it (e.g. some people don't see ground units well).

I've seen two errors in my document:

a) It's "Ka-50", not "KH-50", of course :-)

b) When doing "Master arm on", you also have to switch on the "Shval sensor and navigation power" (seen upper right on page 5) or you can't use the "TV designator" later on.

I've purposedly only listed the minimum steps to "get" into the sim (and explanations from my perspective), for more advanced leaning please see:

http://duke49th.de/tvideos-bs.html in german.

The "developer's notes" on digitalcombatsimulator.com under files->videos in english.