DCS Crash to Desktop while flying M-2000C

Naughty_17

I have a stable and reproducible crash to desktop while flying in multiplayer since the last update. The game itself crashes at the random periods/actions but always within 5-15 minutes from the takeoff.

I've tried to remove both module and config files but with no luck.

I'd like to provide any possible logs.

I have a stable and reproducible crash to desktop while flying in multiplayer since the last update. The game itself crashes at the random periods/actions but always within 5-15 minutes from the takeoff.

I've tried to remove both module and config files but with no luck.

I'd like to provide any possible logs.

Hi, we need the crash logs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

...and the logs are located under DCS in your "Saved Games" folder. If you're using the open beta it'll be DCS.openbeta.

Under Saved Games\DCS you'll find a folder called Logs, you can just zip that up and attach here. Or if there's lots in there, the specific files of entries are the DCS.log, the .crash file and the .dmp file (if they exist) from your session.

A new DCS.log is created each time you start the game. The previous one is kept as dcs.log.old, but if you've restarted more than once the log will be gone.

Alternatively, since you can reproduce it fairly easily, you could (while the game isn't running) delete all the files in your Log folder, then start the game, join a server, fly until it crashes, and then zip up the Logs folder and attach it here.

What caused the crash?

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

What caused the crash?

It was a really dumb problem on my side. I was running obsolete version of DCS (for some reason auto updater never notified me or updated my DCS World as it did before).

Every single module was working just fine, I was able to fly online, except for Mirage, so I wasn't aware of this until the very last moment.