Complete transport script

geloxo

Please try this one I've modified (I've also attached Geloxo test mission with my updated script)

It also has the ability to spawn a crate for transport if you want to practice that, but that can be turned off in the options at the top.

VSAAF has been running it for a week or so now with no issues but let me know how you get on.

Geloxo, I hope this is OK, message me if you want it taken down!

The fix is mostly based on others work, including Chumps, in the bug report as this is the first time i've ever written LUA... so thanks guys!

Thank you so much, your modified script works! :thumbup:

Awesome. Thanks for testing and glad it works! Is there a better place I should post a link so its easier to find?

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Can you write it in your first post?

Sorry the original post is not mine.

I've sent a PM to Geloxo and if I don't hear anything in a few days, i'll post a new post with links :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi,

I have updated my original post to include your updating as well there ;-)

Thanks for the job and sorry for being out so long. I hope to come back with DCS 2. I got tired of the old engine... hahaha

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

Hi,

I have updated my original post to include your updating as well there ;-)

Thanks for the job and sorry for being out so long. I hope to come back with DCS 2. I got tired of the old engine... hahaha

Cheers

Thanks you very much and thanks again for the script!

Hopefully DCS 2.0 will be less buggy.... :D

Slightly off post ... but I notice a number of members here who were active on associated post from some time ago and wondered if anyone has any new information .....

This was the post I refer to : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108693&highlight=FARP

Has anyone got a script working ... the ability to spawn a FARP? That works with the current release?

Ta

Wow, this is really a great tool. I'm slowly learning how to use LUA files after bashing my head against the wall a few times... But I've now run into something that this limited grey mattered individual hasn't been able to figure out. I've placed a pickup zone in my mission so I can fly there and use the radio F10 menu to load them. Totally psyched I figured out how to do this! Reading the LUA file (didn't know I could even do that!) it explains how to name pickup zones, i.e., pickzone1, and if you don't want smoke the file says to type this: "pickzone1", "none", but when I do, I get an error about unrecognized symbol near "pickzone1". Okay, I copied and pasted the line. So I delete the "," part. Same thing, it works (I can pickup troops) but there's blue smoke like the LUA indicates for pickzone1. So I try to get rid of the commas, same thing. What is the proper what to write this line to have pickzone1 not have any smoke? Thanks for any help you can give this clueless individual!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Wow, this is really a great tool. I'm slowly learning how to use LUA files after bashing my head against the wall a few times... But I've now run into something that this limited grey mattered individual hasn't been able to figure out. I've placed a pickup zone in my mission so I can fly there and use the radio F10 menu to load them. Totally psyched I figured out how to do this! Reading the LUA file (didn't know I could even do that!) it explains how to name pickup zones, i.e., pickzone1, and if you don't want smoke the file says to type this: "pickzone1", "none", but when I do, I get an error about unrecognized symbol near "pickzone1". Okay, I copied and pasted the line. So I delete the "," part. Same thing, it works (I can pickup troops) but there's blue smoke like the LUA indicates for pickzone1. So I try to get rid of the commas, same thing. What is the proper what to write this line to have pickzone1 not have any smoke? Thanks for any help you can give this clueless individual!

What you've done sounds right, but its easy to make a mistake balancing the quotes and commas. Also make sure you edit the file using Notepad++ or SublimeText though as if you use notepad or wordpad it can screw up.

Try copying the small snippet below:

PickZones = {

"pickzone1", "none",
"pickzone2", "blue",
"pickzone3", "none",
"pickzone4", "none",
"pickzone5", "none",
"pickzone6", "none",
"pickzone7", "none",
"pickzone8", "none",
"pickzone9", "none",
"pickzone10", "none",

}

You can disable all smoke at pickup sites by editing smokepick = true to smokepick = false instead.

Ciribob, thanks for the prompt reply and info! I didn't realize that I was supposed to edit the LUA file. I thought I had to put in the info for smoke in the trigger I was using to est up the pickup zone... :doh: I'll search for the "smokepick =" entry. I did see that note at the top of the LUA file but again, assumed I was supposed put it into the trigger... Thanks for clearing that up for me! I actually feel like I'm making progress. Good thing I'm sick today and can't work, gives me plenty of time to get massive headaches trying to understand this stuff. :)

Edited by Justificus

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Well, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I edited at you suggested (not the smokepick entry but changed the pickzone1 entry) and it still didn't work. I even added my own name instead of trying to use the "transport1" label and that didn't work. I'm aware that I need to reload a LUA file if it's edited so I copied the original and changed the name and edited that and then linked to that but it didn't work. I'm not sure what I"m doing wrong as from what I've read I've duplicated what I've understood. Guess that tells me I really haven't understood it yet... ;) I forgot to mention that I'm using your tweaked version of the CTTS LUA file. Thanks for continuing work on it from what the original author started with.

Edited by Justificus
Add info

Justificus

System Specs:

Well, I'm obviously doing something wrong. I edited at you suggested (not the smokepick entry but changed the pickzone1 entry) and it still didn't work. I even added my own name instead of trying to use the "transport1" label and that didn't work. I'm aware that I need to reload a LUA file if it's edited so I copied the original and changed the name and edited that and then linked to that but it didn't work. I'm not sure what I"m doing wrong as from what I've read I've duplicated what I've understood. Guess that tells me I really haven't understood it yet... ;) I forgot to mention that I'm using your tweaked version of the CTTS LUA file. Thanks for continuing work on it from what the original author started with.

My DCS often freaks out and doesnt update the file even when it should. What you can do to be absolutely sure the CTTS.lua is update is rename your mission file which ends in .miz to .zip, copy in the update file and then rename it .miz again. Make sure the mission editor isn't open when doing this though :)

My DCS often freaks out and doesnt update the file even when it should. What you can do to be absolutely sure the CTTS.lua is update is rename your mission file which ends in .miz to .zip, copy in the update file and then rename it .miz again. Make sure the mission editor isn't open when doing this though :)

Thanks for that tip. It turns out it was just me being a complete dolt... I renamed the LUA file and thought I had then moved it before editing, I just copied it. So when I went to add it to my trigger I was looking at the original location with the original file with the name changed without being edited. Once I tripled checked things I noticed that the file date had the wrong date! I then realized that I was loading from the original location... It's all good now. the error message I was getting about the unrecognized symbol was related to me trying to use a trigger to get the LUA file to fire off, which was totally unnecessary since I loaded it at mission start... I was thinking I had to tell it I was wanting to run a portion of the script to ID the pickzone... Once I just deleted it things worked as expected. Thanks again for your patience with these questions and your help in figuring things out! It's very much appreciated.

Justificus

System Specs:

Thanks for that tip. It turns out it was just me being a complete dolt... I renamed the LUA file and thought I had then moved it before editing, I just copied it. So when I went to add it to my trigger I was looking at the original location with the original file with the name changed without being edited. Once I tripled checked things I noticed that the file date had the wrong date! I then realized that I was loading from the original location... It's all good now. the error message I was getting about the unrecognized symbol was related to me trying to use a trigger to get the LUA file to fire off, which was totally unnecessary since I loaded it at mission start... I was thinking I had to tell it I was wanting to run a portion of the script to ID the pickzone... Once I just deleted it things worked as expected. Thanks again for your patience with these questions and your help in figuring things out! It's very much appreciated.

No worries. Glad you got it working! :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I found this script and messed with the training mission...pretty cool!!

I just don't understand how to get it into one of my missions. Do I set an advanced action to the infantry, like embark at a waypoint, then hit the pulldown to select "script", then select the CTTS as the script?

If that is the case, is the script always active after that action or do I have to set another adv action to use the script so troops disembark?

If that's not the way to activate the script in a self-made mission, please clarify. I've read through several of the pages in this thread and I don't see anything that explains how to install this script.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

DrDetroit

EDIT: I think I figured it out...If anybody else has issues, I used this: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3977343/Possibly_stupid_question.__Scr

Edited by DrDetroit

• 2 weeks later...

- To enable a UNIT to use the transport script set its UNITNAME in the list of transports names or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

- To manually define a GROUP as extractable add its GROUPNAME to the list of extractable groups or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

How do I do this?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I have detected a problem with the CTTS script and the lates DCS build.

No matter the infanty country, everytime i use the LOAD/UNLOAD option, the infantry group spawned is always RUSSIAN.

So if you set coalitions for example USA vs RUSSIA and you use Hueys with USA infantry, when you unload the US group the script spawns a Russian Infantry group and they started to fire at your helicopter because the country is changed.

If someone could take a look at this problem i will be very happy.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

- To enable a UNIT to use the transport script set its UNITNAME in the list of transports names or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

- To manually define a GROUP as extractable add its GROUPNAME to the list of extractable groups or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

How do I do this?

The blue arrow is the GROUPNAME.

The red arrow is the UNITNAME.

Screen_150418_104130.png

I think DCS has kidnapped all coalitions inside helicopters and changed they for russian soldiers.

It seems all helis has russian spies inside ready for extract over the battlefield. XDDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

The blue arrow is the GROUPNAME.

The red arrow is the UNITNAME.

Screen_150418_104130.png

thanks

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I have detected a problem with the CTTS script and the lates DCS build.

No matter the infanty country, everytime i use the LOAD/UNLOAD option, the infantry group spawned is always RUSSIAN.

So if you set coalitions for example USA vs RUSSIA and you use Hueys with USA infantry, when you unload the US group the script spawns a Russian Infantry group and they started to fire at your helicopter because the country is changed.

If someone could take a look at this problem i will be very happy.

Are you using the one I modified or the original script?

Not happening for me in a simple test mission on the latest dcs version but it was only a quick test

So how do you get the radio menu items to show up? I have the names configured, and the .lua as the initialization script, but they're not there. In fact, I have to F10-other at all.

If you're not getting an f10 menu option the name of the pilot must be wrong.

Double check in the mission editor that the pilot name matches one of the names in the lua file transport names list. Case matters and if there is a space after the name in the editor it won't match the name in the lua file

Edited by Ciribob

I have something wrong in my installation.

In Open beta with no mods at all the script works ok. No country change at all but in my modded DCS installation i´m suffering this country change. I don´t know what mod is causing this.

I need to investigate it to find what is causing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]