Question: Will the Eurofighter have a HMD

VEAO are modelling a specific Tranch 1 Block 5 Typhoon.

If the one they're modelling didn't have it, I'd rather go without than have some made up implementation.

The vast bulk of T1B5 did not have functioning HMD. It is quite common on the T2+ aircraft but the earlier variants were more common to have the normal day/might helmet.

As Chris said it is something in discussion

Pman

The vast bulk of T1B5 did not have functioning HMD. It is quite common on the T2+ aircraft but the earlier variants were more common to have the normal day/might helmet.

Pman

The HEA was introduced with SRP 4.3 in T1 aircraft and the simular SRP 5.1 for T2 aircraft. No T1 was delivered in this configuration, but all have been brought up to this standard. SRP 5.1 was introduced at Block 9 and has been retrofitted to earlier T2 aircraft (Block 8/8B).

So all Typhoons should in principle HEA capable and HEA was also part of the original requirements. Ofcourse if the RAF says it's no going to be implemented then it's the way it is.. would be a pity however.

• 5 weeks later...

Pman

In another post, it is mentioned that block 5 aircraft do include the hmd, so if you implement it, it will not make it any less realistic

just sayin..

If in doubt, full afterburner...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In another post, it is mentioned that block 5 aircraft do include the hmd, so if you implement it, it will not make it any less realistic

just sayin..

It was a retro grade and not stock, HMD is currently not planned to be implemented.

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're still in discussion about that as its highly classified.

IMO sims should be as close as possible to real, and if you can't do that with a specific system it is ok to approximate it, if you don't include something just because you can't model it with 100% accuracy then we'd not have any fight sims at all, or they'd all be MS flight.

IMO sims should be as close as possible to real' date=' and if you can't do that with a specific system it is ok to approximate it, if you don't include something just because you can't model it with 100% accuracy then we'd not have any fight sims at all, or they'd all be MS flight.[/quote']

My favorite saying applies here once more: If you cannot simulate, emulate.

In other words - if a classified component cannot be recreated due to classified data not being available, the functionality can be instead emulated (that is, made to work similar, but without infringing on said data). So long as the functionality is reasonably well researched, the emulated feature will get us close enough for our hobby. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It was a retro grade and not stock, HMD is currently not planned to be implemented.

Pman

Well, the f15c didnt have the aim120 initially either. So by the DCS scope I do not see a reason not to implement it.

Even just a copy of this obviously public piece of info would be nice:

[ame]

[/ame]

So I hope there will be change of plans at some point ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

It's not a case of dcs scope, it takes into consideration requests from our military partners and other interested parties as well as being designed to spec.

Lots of upgrades were retrospectively fitted to t1b5 aircraft, it's unlikely we will do them all.

Pman

It's not a case of dcs scope, it takes into consideration requests from our military partners and other interested parties as well as being designed to spec.

Lots of upgrades were retrospectively fitted to t1b5 aircraft, it's unlikely we will do them all.

Pman

Ah kay, get that.

I still hope for it though. ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Pman

Honestly, that would take away a good part of my interest... also I think that the best solution would be to maybe get in touch with the RAF and see what can be implemented, or how it can be changed to allow us to have it. Pretty please? I'm sure you guys can push it a little further still.

Honestly, that would take away a good part of my interest... also I think that the best solution would be to maybe get in touch with the RAF and see what can be implemented, or how it can be changed to allow us to have it. Pretty please? I'm sure you guys can push it a little further still.

Entering further discussions with the RAF and Consortium could take years, sadly its not just as easy as making a phone call and seeing what they are willing to do. There is lawyers and contracts we have to negotiate.

At this point in time HMD is not being worked on, should that change in the future Chris or I will confirm it in on of the updates

Pman

Entering further discussions with the RAF and Consortium could take years, sadly its not just as easy as making a phone call and seeing what they are willing to do. There is lawyers and contracts we have to negotiate.

At this point in time HMD is not being worked on, should that change in the future Chris or I will confirm it in on of the updates

Pman

Thanks for the reply Pman; I'll just keep hoping then

Thanks for the reply Pman; I'll just keep hoping then

At least let's hope that it will come out on a future update, maybe including tranche 2 aircraft and including the added capabilities and weapons on tranche 2

aand a bit later, the FGR4..

If in doubt, full afterburner...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry guys we have already confirmed in other posts / updates that we are not going to make any other tranches for public release.

We are only going to make T1B5

I know this can be frustrating for you guys when you all want the latest bells and whistles but we have to respect the wishes and agreements that we have with our commercial partners, we can't risk our military relationships by over committing beyond our agreed boundaries.

Negotiations are continuing regarding fine tuning some specific behaviours but things like a dcs level FGR4 are just not going to happen guys, sorry.

Pman

Sorry guys we have already confirmed in other posts / updates that we are not going to make any other tranches for public release.

We are only going to make T1B5

I know this can be frustrating for you guys when you all want the latest bells and whistles but we have to respect the wishes and agreements that we have with our commercial partners, we can't risk our military relationships by over committing beyond our agreed boundaries.

Negotiations are continuing regarding fine tuning some specific behaviours but things like a dcs level FGR4 are just not going to happen guys, sorry.

Pman

I'm really happy with the T1B5 :)

The Typhoon will be the first 4.5 gen fighter jet in DCS, this is a big thing.

I totally understand why people wants the latest variant, but come on, the typhoon is a super fighter, no matter what variant. :)

Looking forward the Typhoon, can't wait to see more details.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]