PAC-1 not doing anything

razorseal

I'm getting some serious upward pitch when I fire the cannon. I have PAC on and I see it on the hud. as soon as I fire the cannon, i start pitching up....

any help?

I don't think I'm missing a step... I saw a video on youtube and that thing is rock steady with PAC-1 on. mine is nowhere near it... perhaps I need a video

air brakes were on a few times I did it, but not all the time.

I wasn't banked (just pitched down) and no warnings (tried from instant action easy so I was airborne and ready to shoot)

I'm really puzzled... I will get a video up when I get a chance so you guys can see what's going on.

i have had this problem before while in an undamaged plane with nothing out of the ordinary i could find.

i have never figured out what exactly causes it, and it seems to occur rarely enough that when it happens i just do my best to compensate and call it a fluke.

Air brakes disable PAC. You can actually use this as a feature, if you need more dispersion in a pinch just slightly extend your airbrakes.

I think speed is also a factor, the slower you are the less effective PAC will be.

Also the plane should be trimmed out and fly steady when Engaging the enemy.

If you have to push down the stick to fly 20-25° pitch down PAC will also have problemes.

I can also recomend this guy an his channel i learnd alot tips from his videos.

low angle straf:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

high angle straf:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

CCIP Gun cross

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

air brakes were on a few times I did it, but not all the time.

I wasn't banked (just pitched down) and no warnings (tried from instant action easy so I was airborne and ready to shoot)

I'm really puzzled... I will get a video up when I get a chance so you guys can see what's going on.

I had the same "airbrake open" problem, Gliptal pointed it out to me too. :thumbup: I never found this info in the manual ever since. Maybe it's in the RL manual?...

Any warnings on the caution panel? I think PAC-1 will work only if LASTE is working (EAC must be ON I think).

^ Maybe this.

I had issues with PAC and an ED member told me:

"The EAC and it's dependencies are essential for PAC to work. You will notice the nose move a bit down when engaging PAC mid-air. If any of the EAC's dependencies is gone, apart from the warning indication you will notice PAC, EAC will deactivate and the nose lift a bit. Also opening the air refueling door, disengages both EAC and PAC... unfortunately that is one of the most inconvenient moments to lift the nose."

Basically, make sure the Autopilot system is armed or else PAC will not function.

Edited by jkeiltaylor

If you have 0 warning messages on the warning panel (EAC etc. not turned off) and you are in a normal config (gear up, flaps up, airbrakes in) PAC should absolutely work However I had this problem once that it just wouldn't stabalize during bursts. Couldn't reproduce it though.

On a note, I'm wondering if 2-stage triggers like on the X52 don't work like 2-stage triggers on the TM 'Hawg. You press the first stage OK, but pressing into the second stage deactivates the first stage, so you get a gun without PAC-1. I run the C button on my X-55 for PAC-1, and trigger for stage 2. The gun still fires, without PAC-1, when I pull the trigger if I need to get dispersion for infantry.

You press the first stage OK, but pressing into the second stage deactivates the first stage, so you get a gun without PAC-1. I run the C button on my X-55 for PAC-1, and trigger for stage 2. The gun still fires, without PAC-1, when I pull the trigger if I need to get dispersion for infantry.

I don't know if you have an X-52, and not sure if I understand your question right, but I guess on my X-52 it does work OK. I will recheck for you however, because when firtst-detenting my trigger, and "PAC-1" appeared at the HUD, I never looked there again to make sure PAC-2 is lighting up when going into second stage to open fire. But the pipper stayed rock steady, so I assume PAC-2 kicked in. Will check.

Having a two-stage trigger thank God, I never fire without PAC-1, if I need dispersion I rather pull short bursts releasing first detent too, and walk the bursts. If I will ever need, I would probably switch gun selector switch to gun w/o PAC, because PAC-1 would kick in anyway at my first detent...

might try to reset trim before applying PAC-1. report if this works.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...

and dont push stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.