Dropping multiple bombs in ccrp mode

morgon

Hi still learning here and cant put sim down but just curious how to drop multiple bombs like gbu12 in ccrp mode. Just make it easier for me when I've found that little group of tanks and being able to attack from way above with precision. I have tried going into settings and can drop single bombs with no probs after changing to ccrp and adding lase time etc but a step by step instructions on doing a cluster drop of bombs in ccrp mode, this would be great and I generally use the gbu12 and 38 I believe as these are armed on the missions/campaigns I fly

Thanks again :smilewink:

help for new people like myself http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=90268

Hi still learning here and cant put sim down but just curious how to drop multiple bombs like gbu12 in ccrp mode. Just make it easier for me when I've found that little group of tanks and being able to attack from way above with precision. I have tried going into settings and can drop single bombs with no probs after changing to ccrp and adding lase time etc but a step by step instructions on doing a cluster drop of bombs in ccrp mode, this would be great and I generally use the gbu12 and 38 I believe as these are armed on the missions/campaigns I fly

I think on the profile pages of those bombs on DSMS you should be able to change their ripple settings from sgl (single) to multiple drops like prs (pairs) or more. You can look at page 554 of the flight manual for details.

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600

That looks like what I have been doing tbh. When the timer drops and just before bomb gets released I hold down the button the same as when dropping a single bomb. Reading page 550 it's says Each press of the weapon release button Will release the bombs. So do I take it that in ccrp mode when cue goes though pip and it's time to drop I don't hold weapon release like I do in single bomb mode but keep pressing for the desired amount of bombs to drop?

help for new people like myself http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=90268

I think on the profile pages of those bombs on DSMS you should be able to change their ripple settings from sgl (single) to multiple drops like prs (pairs) or more. You can look at page 554 of the flight manual for details.

And they will both go to the same SPI. Whats the point?

GBU-12's can not be dropped on multiple targets in one run.

JDAM's can be dropped on different targets in one run. Create mark points (TMS right short) at the location of each unit you want to engage. Now set your CDU to 'marks' mode to cycle through your markpoints. Or make a new flight plan if you want a specific order in your markpoints.

Now start your run. Make sure that SPI is set to steerpoint and slave your TGP to steerpoint (China Hat aft long). In this setting, when you cycle through your markpoints, your TGP will also switch between the targets at the corresponding markpoints. Now drop the bomb on the first markpoint, quickly switch to the other markpoint and release again... etc.

Some altitude is recommended here to make sure that there is enough space for the bombs to manoeuvre to the target.

'Frett'

As others have noted, GBUs are guided munitions and, as such, it's one per customer. If you want to ripple bombs to cover a longer swath, use the general purpose (Mk) munitions. And blast away. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

JDAM's can be dropped on different targets in one run. Create mark points (TMS right short) at the location of each unit you want to engage. Now set your CDU to 'marks' mode to cycle through your markpoints. Or make a new flight plan if you want a specific order in your markpoints....

Assuming of course that your targets remain static after the first 31/38 falls on their heads. If they deploy for cover then all subsequent JDAM's will miss as they are targeting coordinates as opposed to units.

Best bet for a multiple target strike in one pass is Mavericks, coupled with the markpoint procedure as mentioned above by TurboHog. Herewith quick vid illustrating principle:

KEFQAk1aS50

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

And they will both go to the same SPI. Whats the point?

GBU-12's can not be dropped on multiple targets in one run.

JDAM's can be dropped on different targets in one run. Create mark points (TMS right short) at the location of each unit you want to engage. Now set your CDU to 'marks' mode to cycle through your markpoints. Or make a new flight plan if you want a specific order in your markpoints.

Now start your run. Make sure that SPI is set to steerpoint and slave your TGP to steerpoint (China Hat aft long). In this setting, when you cycle through your markpoints, your TGP will also switch between the targets at the corresponding markpoints. Now drop the bomb on the first markpoint, quickly switch to the other markpoint and release again... etc.

Some altitude is recommended here to make sure that there is enough space for the bombs to manoeuvre to the target.

I just tried to answer his question but it's a good thing you pointed out the tactical value (or lack thereof) of doing such. I guess I'll be getting a B- for my answer then? :smartass:

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600

You could probably do that with more then 2 bombs..;)

Yes, 10 at the same time is the maximum, but to do that I'd need at least 9 other human players to lase targets for me since you can't change the laser code on the AI JTACs.

I just tried to answer his question but it's a good thing you pointed out the tactical value (or lack thereof) of doing such. I guess I'll be getting a B- for my answer then? :smartass:

What you describe is something completely different. I describe the steps required for engaging an x amount of targets with an x amount of bombs. Unless you're unbelieveably fast in changing SPI, your method is how to kill 1 target with an x amount of bombs.

'Frett'

What you describe is something completely different. I describe the steps required for engaging an x amount of targets with an x amount of bombs. Unless you're unbelieveably fast in changing SPI, your method is how to kill 1 target with an x amount of bombs.

Not easy, but doable. Just zoom out enough with tgp to see most of your targets, pickle bombs 2s apart, first one hits, move the tgp cursor to the next.

Two targets wouldn't be too hard, but any more than that might be a tad difficult.

Wish this sim was as easy as F-18 interceptor, times have changed :lol:

Well I don't :smilewink:, and yes, they certainly have :)

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

Yes. 2 seconds of aspect change will make a huge difference in trajectory considering they recommend you laze a target for the final 12 seconds of its drop.

Not easy but doable? Post a track.

You are right. With gbu-12's being free fall, I can't get them far apart enough to move my laser to another target. I dropped the about 4s apart (40deg or so ccip), but since I was traveling the same path, they ended up being close in space anyway. So though they dropped 4s apart, they landed about just over a second apart, not long enough to move the spot.

I'm thinking I've done this before in another sim, using glide bombs from much longer distance. Not sure if it was DI's Tornado IDS, SH's Falcon3 or Falcon4, or something I've forgotten. But I do remeber using a targeting pod and lasing a target, then moving to another target right next to it.

Oh, well.

I like this method for multiple mavs.. doesn't require markpoints.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm