The All Things Combined Past Release Date Discussions

statrekmike

There is a post you made on the Russian side of the DCS forum that indicates that 1.2.9 is now the target version again, this was posted yesterday so perhaps you simply have not prepared any sort of statement or something like that.

Still, this kind of thing can understandably get a person's hopes up, perhaps some clarification so we know a bit about what is going on, is DCS 2.0 still the release window you are going for or is it now 1.2.9?

Here is the post in case it is needed.

I can fully understand if you are not able to comment or perhaps don't want to comment but I will admit that the idea of getting this before ED gets to releasing EDGE is appealing to say the least :)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a post you made on the Russian side of the DCS forum that indicates that 1.2.9 is now the target version again, this was posted yesterday so perhaps you simply have not prepared any sort of statement or something like that.

Still, this kind of thing can understandably get a person's hopes up, perhaps some clarification so we know a bit about what is going on, is DCS 2.0 still the release window you are going for or is it now 1.2.9?

Here is the post in case it is needed.

I can fully understand if you are not able to comment or perhaps don't want to comment but I will admit that the idea of getting this before ED gets to releasing EDGE is appealing to say the least :)

Yes, this info was to be posted with the next dev update coming ASAP.

A point release of 1.2.9 is now the target version for a full release of the DCS: MiG-21.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Very quick and encouraging response!! Cobra must have been stalking the forums. ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Nonsense, I spend very little time here!

help

Hahahaha!! I share your pain.

Anywho. Can we expect a hard date for a release with the up and coming update? :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

A point release of 1.2.9 is now the target version for a full release of the DCS: MiG-21.

Do you think it could realistically be achieved? My wallet wants me to ask! :pilotfly:

Well, this tells me that we can't expect 2.0.0 anywhere soon, maybe even SOON :cry:

Yeah man, that's pretty much my take away as well...but I'm doing my best not to rain on the Mig-21 fans' parade.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've got another question about the release..

Indiegogo backers were to get the DVD at some level of pledgement correct?

How is that going to be? I.e. will they also receive a serial "by e-mail" (for all intent and purpose) and have a download version accessible as well as getting the DVD at some point?

I actually find this to be a good test of patience. Waiting for this module is like being a monk, sitting in front of the altar (computer) waiting for inner peace.

Thank you for the pre-release Zen experience Leatherneck. XD

Zen? much longer and I will have ascended :helpsmilie:

It will be ready when it's ready :thumbup:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I am glad to hear that the MiG is now up for a possible release earlier than I expected (I don't personally think we will see EDGE or DCS 2.0 before late autumn), I will admit that hearing of it's delay for DCS 2.0 was a tough pill to swallow after seeing the project so close to release.

Now, I am going to diplomatically avoid asking for a release date since you have already made it clear that no such hard date exists but I do have to ask, are we looking at weeks? Months? Days even?

I understand if you can't provide anything, I know you have a news update coming and perhaps you want to save it for that but I will admit that a little hint would not go amiss :)

Very good news! :thumbup:

Going to be very busy this year.. :joystick: :pilotfly: :D

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

I am glad to hear that the MiG is now up for a possible release earlier than I expected (I don't personally think we will see EDGE or DCS 2.0 before late autumn), I will admit that hearing of it's delay for DCS 2.0 was a tough pill to swallow after seeing the project so close to release.

Now, I am going to diplomatically avoid asking for a release date since you have already made it clear that no such hard date exists but I do have to ask, are we looking at weeks? Months? Days even?

I understand if you can't provide anything, I know you have a news update coming and perhaps you want to save it for that but I will admit that a little hint would not go amiss :)

Yes, it'll be days, weeks or months!:joystick::pilotfly:

But of course that is still mere speculation, and still has no basis in fact.

Just let the man say when it'll be released - when he knows when it'll be released. Why oh why do we continually go round and round in circles with all this pointless speculation and inuendo? It helps no one, and just makes more nonsensical posts for us poor buggers who want the FACTS to plough through ad nauseum!!!

I actually find this to be a good test of patience. Waiting for this module is like being a monk, sitting in front of the altar (computer) waiting for inner peace.

Thank you for the pre-release Zen experience Leatherneck. XD

lightest-marching-crash-cymbals-800x800.jpg

Also, Cobra, I will require you to not release this weekend. I'm flying out to AirVenture and I won't be back 'til Sunday afternoon. If you do, I will totally not share an images of any private Fishbeds I may photograph there for at least.. 10 minutes. I'll still invite you to my birthday party, so it's not that big of a deal.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!