I don't understand DCS World v DCS:WWII

Hood

I've read the FAQ and browsed the forum but there is a lot of conflicting info (that or I just haven't seen the post that sets it all out nicely).

What I understand is that DCS World is a base game template that modules can be added to. Those modules are present anyway in the form of AI but to be useable they have to be bought.

So, for example, you can download DCS World and get the Su25 and 2 seat P51 with it.

DCS:WWII was intended to be DCS World but for WWII. A lot of the same coding etc but a different map, units and so on.

With the situation we have now, is it still right to refer to DCS World as distinct from DCS:WWII?

Is DCS:WWII now going to be a module to be added to DCS World i.e a map plus plane 1 plus plane 2 etc or is it going to be a separate entity without any cross-over?

The D9 is being released for DCS World. If DCS:WWII is a module or separate entity, if I activate my key in DCS World will I still be able to use it in the DCS:WWII environment? If I activate it now is that a once and for all so I can use it forever in whatever form DCS World/WWII takes?

Apologies if this rehashes old questions and answers that may have got lost in the forum. If there is a definitive answer already just a link to it will do.

Cheers

Hood

At the end you will have different maps and different units.

IF once developed and relesed you can set any unit to any map and build a scenario by yourself.

Thats my knowledge so far.

Edit: As example you use a WW II Map with modern ground units(M1/T90 etc.) and let WW II Planes and helicopters fight against them. (Would not be the best map)...in the end its Mission builders choice.

Correct me if iam wrong.

ISE

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Now that it's all with ED everything will be in DCS World - there won't be any separate entity. Your Dora key will allow you to fly the Dora anywhere.

What about the DCS P51D - does same apply?

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

Derek Robinson, Piece of Cake, 1983.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ASUS Motherboard P9X79 Pro, Seagate Baracuda Green 2TB SATA 3.0, DCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.6 120GB, HD7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E, Corsair XMS3 1600Hz 8GB Vengeance CL9, INTEL Liquid Cooling LGA1155 - LGA2011, INTEL LGA2011 Core I7 3.6Ghz - 3820, Silver Power SP - SS850 850W PSU, 24" Benq HDMI LED Monitor

What about the DCS P51D - does same apply?

I don't understand what you are asking here. The consensus is that DCS WWII will not now be a separate product, but all the aircraft and maps will be integrated into the DCS World package. As the P-51D is already integrated into DCS World, it would seem your question is already answered.

I don't understand what you are asking here. The consensus is that DCS WWII will not now be a separate product, but all the aircraft and maps will be integrated into the DCS World package. As the P-51D is already integrated into DCS World, it would seem your question is already answered.

Thank you :)

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

Derek Robinson, Piece of Cake, 1983.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ASUS Motherboard P9X79 Pro, Seagate Baracuda Green 2TB SATA 3.0, DCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.6 120GB, HD7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E, Corsair XMS3 1600Hz 8GB Vengeance CL9, INTEL Liquid Cooling LGA1155 - LGA2011, INTEL LGA2011 Core I7 3.6Ghz - 3820, Silver Power SP - SS850 850W PSU, 24" Benq HDMI LED Monitor

as far i now , thousends of poeple joined dcs world becose they have the a10c standalone or ka50 standalone . becose of that dcs world became big. now i dont think those historic planes fit in dcs world. they just try to bring other members here and are trying to get rid of the beatyfull complexity of the sim. its a shame . sims with historic war planes already exist , even better graphics and higher simulated then here. ofcorse they are going to implant dx11 in dcs 2.0.0 becose these other games use it with historic planes. but poeple wil have to buy a new desktop or laptop to have decend gameplay frames and quality. it looks good now so why make it better. if it aint broke dont fix it.

Edited by stefaanadriansens
  • Like 1

:pilotfly:

i7-920, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte x58 ud3r, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, 2x500GB SSD+1x250ssd, TrackIR 5 clip, screen 42 inches, and 21 inches, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick,t500rs,th8 shifter, Saitek Pro throttle, x controller, G11 keys

Stefaan, if you don't like historic planes, just don't buy them. The whole concept of DCS is just that. You choose what you want to fly. DCS world is supposed to be one big sandbox and version 2.0 will bring new possibilities, like new maps etc.

DCS is still the same, you will still be able to fly your A10 or blackshark, nothing has changed.

I don't think anyone knows at this moment what the system requirements are for 2.0. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they will provide us with options to enable/disable certain graphics features.

If we have to follow the logic "if it isn't broken don't fix it", we would all still be playing on our gameboys :) Evolution in flight simulators is good, and I think it's a must. Hardware becomes more powerful and affordable, it would be a shame not to take advantage of that.

Edited by dikkeduif
  • Like 1

as far i now , thousends of poeple joined dcs world becose they have the a10c standalone or ka50 standalone . becose of that dcs world became big. now i dont think those historic planes fit in dcs world. they just try to bring other members here and are trying to get rid of the beatyfull complexity of the sim. its a shame . sims with historic war planes already exist , even better graphics and higher simulated then here. ofcorse they are going to implant dx11 in dcs 2.0.0 becose these other games use it with historic planes. but poeple wil have to buy a new desktop or laptop to have decend gameplay frames and quality. it looks good now so why make it better. if it aint broke dont fix it.

Millions of years ago a worm said the same thing when other worms thought it would be cool to do something different. That worms descendents are still wriggling around while the other worms descendents have been to the moon and back. Change is good. Evolution is good

Good Grief

• ED Team

The F-18C is still coming... they have by no means dropped the desire to make modern day aircraft... And ALL their aircraft are complex and modelled fully... no matter the era.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Millions of years ago a worm said the same thing when other worms thought it would be cool to do something different. That worms descendents are still wriggling around while the other worms descendents have been to the moon and back. Change is good. Evolution is good

"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans." :D

• Like 1