What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very logical opinion. I expect nothing but problems mixing a bunch of software made by a bunch of parties and trying to make it work in an online combat environment. Enter these "upgrades" from ED and your already making a complicated situation even worse.

I have deja-vu from the Flaming Cliffs compatibility discussions. :P

The simple solution is: if you don't like a certain thing - don't put it in the mission. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have deja-vu from the Flaming Cliffs compatibility discussions. :P

The simple solution is: if you don't like a certain thing - don't put it in the mission. :)

Yeah, I have no idea what the whole debate is even about.

It's not like there are going to be p-51s all over the place just because ED releases the an optional expansion, and since we are not getting any other plane faster if they don't...

• ED Team

The point I am trying to make badly is ....

Will ED be making enemy ground units for the p-51 era :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So this means we would have to wait for the community/ 1st / 3rd parties to make enemy ground units for the P-51 ?

You make it sound as if that's a bad thing :)

There are already threads that voiced the intent by members to attend to just that, even at this early stage of development.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Will ED be making enemy ground units for the p-51 era :)

FAQ:

Q: Will units from the world war 2 era exist, like ME-109's and Ju-87's?

A: That has yet to be determined. While we understand the desire for WW2 counterpart aircraft, DCS is not intended to be a full WW2 era simulation.

Sure, that's aircraft, not ground units, but it applies. (The question is "units", not "aircraft", the aircraft are just used as examples.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
You make it sound as if that's a bad thing :)

There are already threads that voiced the intent by members to attend to just that, even at this early stage of development.

And I am sure it will be great :)

The thing that confuses me is if someone was buying the p-51 and had no other ED aircraft, would it not be expected for ED to have enemy units for the stand alone P-51 product ?

fake edit

EtherealN sniped me lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

**Nothing will be taken away from you**You have a choice to buy The P-51 or Not**You have a Choice to fly/build missions in servers that are to your liking**I only post in this thread to increase my post count since it's all been said before**;)

Patrick

mini.gif

So this means we would have to wait for the community/ 1st / 3rd parties to make enemy ground units for the P-51 ?

If you think about it, there already is some units ingame that are perfectly suitable to the last wars the P-51 was used in. The P-51 was still active in the Korean and possibly Vietnam wars in a ground attack role.

Ingame units like the 6 wheel truck are perfectly suitable, the Shilka was about in Vietnam and the BTR was around in both Korea and Vietnam, dont think the BMP-1 was about then but it wasnt far away. The ZPU series of anti-aircraft guns were also about by then. So yes there are already units ingame that wouldnt be out of place in a scenario the P-51 historically took part in.

Is ED adding more.. only they can answer that, but there is already some units ingame that would fit the bill, but I do agree a few more would be nice to flesh out misisons a bit.

If you use a bit of imagination it wouldnt be so hard to imagine the russia/georgian map 40/50 years ago back in the vietnam/korean time with prop driven ground attack aircraft rolling down its valleys, creative mission making would easily sort that.

Are prop driven aircraft out of place in a modern comabt sim, no, there is some coming into service in Iraq as we speak...

From the lack of information during the past Year i believe that dcs Jet will still take a long time until it gets released.

That's why other products get released before. That's it with black shark 2, it will be with dcs p51, combat arms and probably fc3 and Nevada.

Could be wrong though ;)

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

From the lack of information during the past Year i believe that dcs Jet will still take a long time until it gets released.

That's why other products get released before. That's it with black shark 2, it will be with dcs p51, combat arms and probably fc3 and Nevada.

Could be wrong though ;)

Yeah... DCS Modern Jet Fighter is like Holy Grail.

What do you think about DCS: P-51D and Flying Legends series?

I have created a poll to view results clearly. .

I am holding my credit card at the Combat Ready Position.

Intel i7 930 @2.8 GHz;16 GB DDR3 RAM;ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 4GB;Windows 10;TrackIR 5;27" 1920X1080 single LG display;Saitek Pro Flight pedals;Thrustbuster Wartass HOTDOG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

04B, 98G, 96C, 96B, 11B, drill sergeant, linguist

Callsign "Chug"

I'm chiming in late here, and there's not much for me to add since it's all been said before. But:

1. I'm very excited about this P-51 release; I can't wait to fly it around the virtual skies in full DCS-detail glory!

2. I'm very excited about the next DCS Pointy Jet, too; can't wait for that one to come out, either.

3. As others have said, I see no reason for people to be upset about the Mustang. It's not slowing anything down, nobody is forcing people to fly it, etc. etc. I see no negative aspect of the P-51 release; only positive! :D

4. Also, I think it'll be fun to try to fly the P-51 in a modern combat setting. Just for the fun of it! I fully expect many parachute rides to the ground, heh.

Eagle Dynamics: super awesome! :thumbup:

--NoJoe

More planes the better. I just hope they can merge all the DCS titles into one application.

erghhh...of course it will...DCS A-10 and BS2 is/will be compatible to DCS P-51...(as well as later products) as mentioned enough ;)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

If you think about it, there already is some units ingame that are perfectly suitable to the last wars the P-51 was used in. The P-51 was still active in the Korean and possibly Vietnam wars in a ground attack role.

Ingame units like the 6 wheel truck are perfectly suitable, the Shilka was about in Vietnam and the BTR was around in both Korea and Vietnam, dont think the BMP-1 was about then but it wasnt far away. The ZPU series of anti-aircraft guns were also about by then. So yes there are already units ingame that wouldnt be out of place in a scenario the P-51 historically took part in.

Is ED adding more.. only they can answer that, but there is already some units ingame that would fit the bill, but I do agree a few more would be nice to flesh out misisons a bit.

If you use a bit of imagination it wouldnt be so hard to imagine the russia/georgian map 40/50 years ago back in the vietnam/korean time with prop driven ground attack aircraft rolling down its valleys, creative mission making would easily sort that.

Are prop driven aircraft out of place in a modern comabt sim, no, there is some coming into service in Iraq as we speak...

Prop COIN aircraft have been used in Iraq for some time. But Iraq ended a few months ago I just got back from there as one of the last us army members. But anyway I seen some broncos in kirkurk doing coin ops. All the time

I want modern aircrafts/helicopters.. sad.gif because we had already flown the old aircraft there are hug numbers of games of ww1 and 2 planes.

but how many modren aircraft games we have? just 3 maybe F16 and A10 and Black shark,

If i were ED i would make the apache helicopter!

WW2 era plane good but there s already so much of them, going on.

I hope this one brings something the others have not...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• ED Team
WW2 era plane good but there s already so much of them, going on.

I hope this one brings something the others have not...

I would have to imagine the cockpit will be fully functional, and if you read anything about WWII fighters they werent easy to fly, engine management and such. I can see everything they have done with A-10 and BS2 and think this will be something special... :pilotfly:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I want modern aircrafts/helicopters.. sad.gif because we had already flown the old aircraft there are hug numbers of games of ww1 and 2 planes.

but how many modren aircraft games we have? just 3 maybe F16 and A10 and Black shark,

If i were ED i would make the apache helicopter!

can someone please close this thread, since eveyrthings which can be said has already been said and will be repeated again and again....starts to be annoying...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yeah MemphisBelle I already tried that in another thread. Did not work. I said those words almost exactly.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can someone please close this thread, since eveyrthings which can be said has already been said and will be repeated again and again....starts to be annoying...

Why deny people their chance to voice their opinion?! If you don't like it, ignore it, or post your opinion to debate the topic.

Now my opinion. I hope ED does well with this P-51D, but, I already am playing a full scale WWII flight simulator that is excellent called IL-2 COD. I have no want or desire to wait for this P-51.

We have a Ka-50 and A-10C in DCS which is great, but no proper A2A jet fighter. It is on the bottom of the priority list. DCS multiplayer is not fully realized because of this, and it suffers for it. FC2 has been hacked, and a stop gap of FC3 is planned before we see a jet fighter. DCS multiplayer is hurting, big time. We have been waitng for a DCS jet fighter since it was announced, and it looks like it may be many, many years before it is released. It seems squarely at the bottom of the priority list.

As a dedicated fan, one that has helped put ED where they are now from buying the excellent work they have done up to now, I feel a little bit ignored and left out in the cold. I understand this is a business, and you must do what is needed to SELL, period, but alienating your fanbase is perhaps not a great thing.

Ka-50 and A-10C are not exactly the sexy machines that people think of when it comes to aircombat, yet they were released. Mostly due it was said to there being existing contracts with the military. It was even glorified that the A-10 got a full release in this day and age, even after Janes' A-10 got cancelled. A underdog project that finally got to see the light of day for us, the fans and lovers of flight simulations. Now we can't get a Jet Fighter because perhaps it was thought a P-51 would sell better. For those of us that have supported ED all these years, it can be frustrating.

Again, I wish nothing but the best for this P-51D and all of ED products. There are too few flight simulation companies and I am glad ED continues on!

Edited by Crunch