Making a new cockpit texture

F l a n k e r

I just tried the cockpit with the new 1.5.2 version, it look soo beautiful to me! Ahh... finally!!

Installed your texture yesterday. Really, like a new plane at factory! Thank You!

This blue color isn't commom for russian planes. Only onces I saw in Soviet Airforce Mig with such cockpit, and it was re-exported two-seated UM somwhere from Africa.

Have you any plans to repaint this texture kit to true soviet cockpit green?

I attached my result. Here you can see color picks from different photos, and in center - mix of all of them. I think its what we need))

cockpit_color.thumb.jpg.1443baf839d4f8f8c5fc67be13d38ec0.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! This is really great job!

P.S. I found one mistake - amber annunciators - word СЛЕДЫ wrong, must be СЛЕДИ

Thank you! Here you can find the annunciators panel, I've corrected this and other small errors, if you tell me that there are no others, I can update the files.

annunciators.png.ef6c3b7ad615f390b07592768eb471d5.png

Thanks for help with tags, I think I wrote all right and have corrected a couple of errors that I found in the original texture, but please tell me if you find some mistake!

Flanker, thank you very much for your work :thumbup:

I have one request though:

Please let Leatherneck know of any possible errors in the original cockpit texture errors, for example through their public bugtracker.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Installed your texture yesterday. Really, like a new plane at factory! Thank You!

This blue color isn't commom for russian planes. Only onces I saw in Soviet Airforce Mig with such cockpit, and it was re-exported two-seated UM somwhere from Africa.

Have you any plans to repaint this texture kit to true soviet cockpit green?

I attached my result. Here you can see color picks from different photos, and in center - mix of all of them. I think its what we need))

Ahh! I was waiting your post! Your color is interesting, I think my color is too much saturated indeed (too much vivid), I pick it from some images in that page: http://pulson.ru/technology-2/mig-21-krupnyim-planom-67-foto.html.

Using various photos as a reference I found that the hue is slightly more blue than your pick (yours is 179°, my pick would be 185°, current is 194°). The problem is that with texture you must cheat! At least in my eyes, it seems too greysh applying the new color so I must use a compromise. I've attached an image where the bottom panel recieved a new hue (190°, hex: #0a91a3) for comparison. It's not as I want, so I have to try until I find something convincing...

Screen_151230_123148.thumb.jpg.2da6d2ec6e1f5cc1ed4c1eff8416cde2.jpg

Thank you! Here you can find the annunciators panel, I've corrected this and other small errors, if you tell me that there are no others, I can update the files.

1) amber СЛЕДИ ДАВЛ. ВУСТ. СИСТ. - must be СЛЕДИ ДАВЛ. БУСТ. СИСТ.

2) red РАСХОДН. БАКОВ - must be РАСХОДН. БАК because there is only one ;)

3) green СТАБИЛИЗ. НА ПОСАД. - must be СТАБИЛИЗ. НА ПОСАДКУ

4) green НУЛЬ ПОЛОЖ РА Н*1(2,3,4) - must be НУЛЬ ПОЛОЖ РС №1(2,3,4)

5) green ПОДВЕШЕН 1(2) ВНУТРЬ - must be ПОДВЕШЕН 1(2) ВНУТР.

6) red ГЕНЕР. ПРЕК. ВЫКЛ. - must be ГЕНЕР. ~ ВЫКЛ. (~ mean ПЕРЕМЕННЫЙ ТОК (AC CURRENT)

7) red ГЕНЕР. ПОСТ. ВЫКЛ. - must be ГЕНЕР. = ВЫКЛ. (= mean ПОСТОЯННЫЙ ТОК (DC CURRENT)

8.) green ВЫРАБ. КР. ПОДВ. БАКА - must be ВЫРАБОТКА КР. БАКОВ

9) green ПОДВ. ПОД. ФЮЗЕЛ БАКА - must be ПОДВЕСКА БАКА

10) green ФОРСАЖ - must be ПЕРВЫЙ ФОРСАЖ

11) green СОПЛО ОТКРЫТО - must be СТВОРКИ РС ОТКРЫТЫ

• Like 1

VR Pimax 8KX, i9-9900KF, RTX 2080Ti, RAM 32GB, SSD 970 EVO+ 1TB.

http://forum.aviaraf.ru

Flanker, thank you very much for your work :thumbup:

I have one request though:

Please let Leatherneck know of any possible errors in the original cockpit texture errors, for example through their public bugtracker.

Right, I'll do it ASAP!

Love the mod!. Ive never been a fan of the overly weathered appearance.

Thanks!

1) amber СЛЕДИ ДАВЛ. ВУСТ. СИСТ. - must be СЛЕДИ ДАВЛ. БУСТ. СИСТ.

2) red РАСХОДН. БАКОВ - must be РАСХОДН. БАК because there is only one ;)

3) green СТАБИЛИЗ. НА ПОСАД. - must be СТАБИЛИЗ. НА ПОСАДКУ

4) green НУЛЬ ПОЛОЖ РА Н*1(2,3,4) - must be НУЛЬ ПОЛОЖ РС №1(2,3,4)

5) green ПОДВЕШЕН 1(2) ВНУТРЬ - must be ПОДВЕШЕН 1(2) ВНУТР.

6) red ГЕНЕР. ПРЕК. ВЫКЛ. - must be ГЕНЕР. ~ ВЫКЛ. (~ mean ПЕРЕМЕННЫЙ ТОК (AC CURRENT)

7) red ГЕНЕР. ПОСТ. ВЫКЛ. - must be ГЕНЕР. = ВЫКЛ. (= mean ПОСТОЯННЫЙ ТОК (DC CURRENT)

8.) green ВЫРАБ. КР. ПОДВ. БАКА - must be ВЫРАБОТКА КР. БАКОВ

9) green ПОДВ. ПОД. ФЮЗЕЛ БАКА - must be ПОДВЕСКА БАКА

10) green ФОРСАЖ - must be ПЕРВЫЙ ФОРСАЖ

11) green СОПЛО ОТКРЫТО - must be СТВОРКИ РС ОТКРЫТЫ

Uh, quite a lot of things! OK, I've done the corrections, thank you again!

Some of the differences are from the original texture, I'll report them (at your name, of course) with the other discrepancies.

Annunciators.png.fbe8c6b52270cfa06df53cf1cc21e726.png

Edited by F l a n k e r

Ahh! I was waiting your post! Your color is interesting, I think my color is too much saturated indeed (too much vivid)

Your example at screenshot fully fits my expectations!)

You know, this color is very difficult to define: under different lightening it looks different.

And notice such thing that there was no any standart color for painting cockpits. At different airplane-repairing factories (АРЗ), paint may vary too much.

I saw different shades in one and same cockpit esecially if plane got some repairing right in regiment, not at factory.

So I think you can stop searching right shade, and use current color.

And thank you for your work!

Edited by Yott

Uh, quite a lot of things! OK, I've done the corrections, thank you again!

Some of the differences are from the original texture, I'll report them (at your name, of course) with the other discrepancies.

What font do you use for russian labels?

Is it free? Where can I download it?

And little remark.

Take a look at img I'd attached. It can help you to find original, not repainted, or at least quality repainted cockpits.

For example like that http://www.walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/mig/mig-21pfm/index.htm

Yes, I've found also some images of the bis version with the black bridges over the gauges. I think (but not 100% sure) that the black bridges comes from older and totlly black pits and it's not only a matter of repaint.

Anyway, I will repaint the texure (and yes, I hate you both... ;) ).

Edited by F l a n k e r

I've used a customized (by me) version of UniSans. It's attached below.

Oh! If you find some better match, I'm here! ;)

Thank you!

About black briges, they are parts of gauges. I know, they are originally black.

Thats why they are or new or was deinstalled before repaint. Wich is usual for plants.

In regimsnts engineers never was so careful :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward for your new textures)))

Anybody made a description file, so we can add it to custom liveries in 1.5.2

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Thank you!

About black briges, they are parts of gauges. I know, they are originally black.

Thats why they are or new or was deinstalled before repaint. Wich is usual for plants.

In regimsnts engineers never was so careful :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward for your new textures)))

OK, thanks. I'll try also to do them black, my only fear is that they can be too distracting in such a colour ...

Anybody made a description file, so we can add it to custom liveries in 1.5.2

I can do it, but I need instructions about how to make it.

OK, thanks. I'll try also to do them black, my only fear is that they can be too distracting in such a colour ...

I can do it, but I need instructions about how to make it.

There is a readme located here :thumbup:

X:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\custom

Maybe take a look at how the english folder is done.

Edited by Chazz_BMF

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hi all,

I'm cleaning and adjusting the textures so as to make the MiG-21bis cockpit just out of factory.

Nice work but why? :D

LN did perfect work.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nice work but why? :D

LN did perfect work.

It's pretty simple if you read the post:

LN cockpit = too much worn out (not even abandoned planes at the sides of the runway are in that conditions :D);

MY cockpit = brand new airplane (just out of factory).

Moreover we reported some small mistakes to be corrected here and there in the original cockpit, but of course LN did a very awesome job with this aircraft!

Edited by F l a n k e r

I found this color reference for you, in case you are still thinking about the correct color for the psychologically-soothing Russian cockpit teal blue color:

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Metal/Model-Master/Testors/USSR-Interior-Blue-Green/USSR-Interior-Blue-Green.html

This is a paint color that I have often used with my Russian aircraft models (I am particularly fond of the MiG-21 and its variants). Personally, I really like the color.

It looks, in applied model paint, very convincingly like the oft-seen photographs of Russian aircraft interior blue/green. I have confidence that the Model Master series of paints are fairly accurate.

This reference gives you a host of blending tables for the various color formats, e.g. CMYK and RGB. Perhaps this might be a useful guide. I cannot predict how it will translate to the PC monitor, though, so it is just a suggestion.

In any case, many thanks for your modification.

It is nice to have a choice in this matter. Thanks for that!

Edited by Oldguy