Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Hello Peter,

I have just a little question, I can't found this path: DCS World>>Options>>Misc. >

Please can you tell me if it's normal or if I meet a problem ?

Hello Peter,

I have just a little question, I can't found this path: DCS World>>Options>>Misc. >

Please can you tell me if it's normal or if I meet a problem ?

This is what you have to click inside the DCS World Graphical-User-Interface.

Hello Peter,

Here the method for used your new Mod:

1:

I've created one folder named "View" in this path: into C:\Users\>YOUR USERNAME<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\...

2:

And I've Copy and drag these two files: SnapViews.lua and Server.lua

3:

But I do no see any modifications, is it normal ?

A great thanks in advance for your assistance, Skull.

EDIT:

If I've well understand your explanations I must go in my DCS interface like that (sorry for the French interface):

9358678844_ff3e30668c_o.jpg

In red colour is the new option of 1.2.5 ?

Thanks again for all...

Edited by Skulleader

Seems fine for PeterP thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Hello,

Ouf, everything is OK now ^^

I've created my own snapview and everything is OK.

Yes Peter you are my Hero too...

Bye. Skull

Thanks, you are me hero...:thumbup:

Works like it should, just a little tweaking with snapviews.

Thanks

Nice video Thanks! - will be useful in my link-list and when editing post#1.

I see you use Ricardo's amazing textures A10C new worn HD cockpit... ;) but why don't you use the following, just to make it even more real?! >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105421

:) - no need to answer - my question was rhetorical.

BTW:

Here is one of the best explanations I found to visualize what this mod does to DCS :D :

Edited by PeterP

Hello,

Anybody can explain to me the fonction of "Server.lua" ?

I've created my own setup for the "SnapViews.lua" but it's good just for the A-10C et not for my other modules:

KA-50

Huey UH-1H

P-51D

When I created my "SnapViews.lua" with my A-10C why is not good for the other modules ?

I must created the same methode (A-10C) for the other modules ?

A great thanks in advance for all. Skull

Hello,

Anybody can explain to me the fonction of "Server.lua" ?

I've created my own setup for the "SnapViews.lua" but it's good just for the A-10C et not for my other modules:

KA-50

Huey UH-1H

P-51D

When I created my "SnapViews.lua" with my A-10C why is not good for the other modules ?

I must created the same methode (A-10C) for the other modules ?

A great thanks in advance for all. Skull

snap views are aircraft specific so you must set them up in each aircraft. Thats why PeterP includes a link to a mission with all the aircraft in it so you can just load it and setup each aircraft

Hello,

please help me find the new proper views for 1.2.5 download link..I don't see it in this topic..

PeterP always puts his updates on page 1 in big bold letters for all to see.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

New Beta version with working "ShoulderSize" in all true 3D cockpits !

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1821102#post1821102

I learned how to use the new syntax and was able to enabled this new feature that was only present in FC3 1.2.5 for all other true 3D cockpits.

Now you can easily check your six in all modules ! This is a very, very nice feature !!

Try it - and you will be amazed!

Thank you ED !!!

A-10C example:

Edited by PeterP

Hello Peter,

WOW a new version, I'm so excited...

Please can you tell me if this new version work fine with the A-10C, KA-50, P-51D and Huey ?

I do not possess FC3 just these four modules...

Once again a great thanks for your incredible talent and your sharing.

Best regards. Skull

Please can you tell me if this new version work fine with the A-10C, KA-50, P-51D and Huey ?

I do not possess FC3 just these four modules...

How about making a test yourself ? - So you can tell me if the current Beta works as intended ... :smilewink: - It's just a single file you have to copy'n'paste...

If this is too much asked:

Simply wait until it isn't beta any-more and you have a "complete" documentation .

:)

Edit:

...OK,OK... - before someone just posts to tell me how rude and/or brash I am... :

I edited post #287 and left a hint in bold.

Edited by PeterP

Hello Peter,

I download your file and I test with my four modules and I give you my feedback...

Bye, Skull.

Hello Peter,

I go back after my test with my four modules and your "Proper Neck for DCS World 1.2.5 - Beta 2.1" :

For the A-10C:

Your Mod and setup are perfect, nothing to change.

For the KA-50, P-51D and HUEY:

With your setup I'm too far of the front pannels, L&R pannels. So I've used the key-commands for adjust the view as I like and now it's perfect for me.

For information I use the Track IR V5 + TrackClip PRO.

For memo the key-commands that I used:

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

"RAlt+Num0" Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle

Peter, if you have other ideas, or if you change the setup of your "Proper Neck for DCS World 1.2.5 - Beta 2.1" I'm sure that it's will be great again... Wait & See, best regards. Skull
Edited by Skulleader

For me... in P51 shoulder size works only on the left side and it snaps when pasing 90 degrees quite ugly. Because I never had problems doing exactly that with Freetrack I disable it.

However, Peter did you observed that Huey does not have settings in snapviewsdefault and server.lua? Also the pilot and gunner have different views and positions now... or so I observed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

For me... in P51 shoulder size works only on the left side and it snaps when pasing 90 degrees quite ugly. Because I never had problems doing exactly that with Freetrack I disable it.

Works for me fine here in the P-51D + TrackIR 4 + DCS World 1.2.5 : Check-six transition is smooth and works to both sides without 'bumps' - Stock Beta.2.1

See:

(I use in this vid the numpad4 and numpad6 to look around - but this doesn't change the 90° transition compared to TrackIr )

I need the exact steps you have made beginning from downloading my mod to before entering the P-51d cockpit , so I can try to reproduce it.

Image this: write a letter to my 91 years old grandma ,

so she can reproduce it without that I or you have to sit beside her.

:)

However, Peter did you observed that Huey does not have settings in snapviewsdefault and server.lua? Also the pilot and gunner have different views and positions now... or so I observed.

Yes I know - this doesn't matter - the View-settings of mine is in charge when installed correctly on DCS World 1.2.5.

Edited by PeterP

Well... I make my own edits so I didn't installed your mod. I use far less max FOV and bigger vertical angles. I use very little eyes displacement from neck and no neck. Also I tweak every cockpit separately. But, for example this is how my server.lua section looks for P-51

zc11.jpg

Probably because you are using a bigger max FOV is less observable the "snaping" it does when you look left and reach 90 degrees.

And about Huey... I was meaning this (I made a mistake calling the copilot... gunner, sorry :) ):

r246.jpg

x3q8.jpg

They are independent now and you can set them as you prefer ;) .

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks!

This simply can't work.

If you want a smooth transition to both sides: use my files and edit only the "Global" settings.

- sorry I don't have time to write down the 'why'.

@ All

Please say beforehand which files do you used when reporting something. - This will save us both some time. ;)

I can't do that. Sorry :D

Your settings don't fit me at all. I see what you wrote in your files is just different sintax (you are using a global profile that is applied to all pits I use for each pit different numbers) but the settings are the same... only actual numbers differ (for motives I explained).

I didn't said I have a problem with your mod, I was just sharing opinions and questions... Is no problem I will figure it out my self.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm confused. You say for the new 1.2.5 beta version you remove any previous installation of this mod, then add the Server.lua file to the User/Saved Games/DCS folder, but the previous version of the mod said to copy Server.lua into the main DCS installation folder.

Does this mean that you're changing how the mod is installed in all future releases? Is the only file necessary to install the new 1.2.5 version the one I should put in the User/Saved Games area?

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I can't do that. Sorry :D

Your settings don't fit me at all. I see what you wrote in your files is just different sintax (you are using a global profile that is applied to all pits I use for each pit different numbers) but the settings are the same... only actual numbers differ (for motives I explained).

I didn't said I have a problem with your mod, I was just sharing opinions and questions... Is no problem I will figure it out my self.

But do you like the player 2 settings above? :D

You can still customise Each cockpit limits for each seat/plane/whatever independently with beta 2.1.

And you are able to save a own default view position for each of them.

What's 'global' will only effect the 'physiognomy' setting of your virtual pilot . - and I think that should be the same in all modules.

You are still able to customise every single plane/cockpit to your needs without the need to have different 'Global' settings.

- I have the feeling that you simply missed the last update and still using the first files .