Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

when i zoom in max, and then scroll back,.. there's a minor bugg

Yes I've seen that as well watching the aerobatic demo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@59th Ducky: Nem egészen, de nem működik együtt az Arg28 és 69.

Regarding AFB visible AFB cone: This caused the model structure because sometimes the tga textures goes transparent and visible.

It caused the day/night AFB cone programming. I checked it and fixed it. The next 2.1 release contain this fix as well. Thanks guys.

Regarding AFB visible AFB cone: This caused the model structure because sometimes the tga textures goes transparent and visible.

yep but its same with canopy and if you bmp texture. I mean its connected with max plugins when i dont use canopy shine effect problem isnt there.

WinteR | Virtual Smokey Bandits | Virtual Czech MiG-15UTI Solo Display

Is the engine acceleration tunable? Because right now it's too high. Th R-25-300 engine is from old generation and is known with poor acceleration, also AB takes longer to lighten up to full power but I think this is minor. Engine RPM though should increase/decrease much slower following the throttle movement.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Yes, also as a temp fix, can we disable the 6dof feature?

Yes you can disable the 6DOF feature in ..\config\view\server.lua as well. Just change the F_16A setting to

limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iF_16A] = local old_aircrafts_6DOF

Is the engine acceleration tunable? Because right now it's too high. Th R-25-300 engine is from old generation and is known with poor acceleration, also AB takes longer to lighten up to full power but I think this is minor. Engine RPM though should increase/decrease much slower following the throttle movement.

Yeah we know. Unfortunately it's deaply harcoded. The engine increase/decrease time doesn't changeable. (yet) :-D

Edited by beczl

I'm experimenting with some curve (70%) of the thrust axis. It can't change the total engine acceleration (instantly pushing from idle to full power it takes about 3.5 sec until it's reached) but can make me work harder with the left hand.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Having tons of fun with this mod last 2 days:

screenshot032cs.jpg

screenshot031xi.jpg

screenshot029qr.jpg

screenshot027bq.jpg

screenshot023cr.jpg

screenshot021i.jpg

screenshot016j.jpg

screenshot013dx.jpg

Thank you Beczl for your hard work. This mod is great, the flight model is amazing and is really enjoying to fly this bird.

And quick suggestion: Is it possible to change the HUD and MFD color from green to yellow? I think it will look a little bit more authentic this way.

- I would like to decrease the cockpit FoV, I know it should be adjusted in SnapViewsDefault.lua but which part? (is it aircraft entry 13?), same can be done for non-used key assignments but I know, this would be just nitpicking :P

Kuky, look in view.lua. Line 117,

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_16A] = {30.0, 150.0}

150 is the Max FOV so change this down to whatever. (30 been the smallest for zoom in).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, or if its just on my end. The external fuel tank turns transparent after a certain distance, I noticed it in the F3 or fly by view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

...Thank you Beczl for your hard work. This mod is great, the flight model is amazing and is really enjoying to fly this bird.

And quick suggestion: Is it possible to change the HUD and MFD color from green to yellow? I think it will look a little bit more authentic this way.

You can change the HUD color with [LCtrl-H]. Unfortunately no way to change MFD color.

Hi beczl, were you able to change the RADAR cross section to that of MiG-21 from F-16?
As far as I know the FC2 use same radar cross section for each categories of the planes. So all planes in Object-class "Multirole fighters" class has a same radar reflection. But not all cases. The F-117A is in the Bomber class... When I tested my SA-3 FC2 mod I recognized the battery can shot this plane because it has a good radar contrast..

I'm experimenting with some curve (70%) of the thrust axis. It can't change the total engine acceleration (instantly pushing from idle to full power it takes about 3.5 sec until it's reached) but can make me work harder with the left hand.
Could you post your curve settings? I would like to try it if possible.

Just 70% curve, the rest is default - no dead zone, 100% saturation on X and Y. It really makes a difference between idle and 90-95% - much slower acceleration. Kinda feels more realistic IMO up to that RPM. If you kick the throttle full forward it accelerates same as for linear function.

Any chance of adding Bulgaria in the countries? Along with Romania with their Lancers and Serbia we're the only ones in Europe that still operates this legend. And it's not just still flying but giving 24/7 NATO air policing duty.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

=RvE=

@ AirTito: I don't think there's BuAF skin for Beczl's Mig-21 yet. So I started doing one, but I'm a total noob in modding and inserting skins in FC2.

So any help will be appreciated. What is the best way to add new skin to this mod or replace an old one?

I opened "\Bazar\World\_MIG-21.cdds" with CDDSExplorer and found that all the mig-21bis model textures are there. So what I have to do next?

Just 70% curve, the rest is default - no dead zone, 100% saturation on X and Y. It really makes a difference between idle and 90-95% - much slower acceleration. Kinda feels more realistic IMO up to that RPM. If you kick the throttle full forward it accelerates same as for linear function.

Any chance of adding Bulgaria in the countries? Along with Romania with their Lancers and Serbia we're the only ones in Europe that still operates this legend. And it's not just still flying but giving 24/7 NATO air policing duty.

I tried to add all country (Romania, Finland, Croatia, etc...) into FC2 but I had a simulator.exe crash every time when I try to add more than two additional country (Hungary, Serbia) to the FC2 as well. So that1s the reason why these planes hasn't an own country. I working on the other small ground vehicle mod. It's ~90% done. If I finish it this week I"ll try to figure out to add other additional countries as well.

Beczl i supose that u can t do a really hard modman addon for ka 50 black shark.a full IAR 330 PUMA Socat helicopter.I think that is imposible even for you.....

Sorry it's not a copy/paste job. This Mig-21 mod is need 2year hard work. My mods contain my real experiences about the planes, ground vehicles that really help for modding. Unfortunately I have zero experience with IAR 330 Puma. And other hand I have another plans and mods in progress in paralell.

@ AirTito: I don't think there's BuAF skin for Beczl's Mig-21 yet. So I started doing one, but I'm a total noob in modding and inserting skins in FC2.

So any help will be appreciated. What is the best way to add new skin to this mod or replace an old one?

I opened "\Bazar\World\_MIG-21.cdds" with CDDSExplorer and found that all the mig-21bis model textures are there. So what I have to do next?

You can download the Mig-21 FC2 skin template from lockonfiles. With this you can paint your skin file. Insert it the \Lockon\Bazar\Temptextures. If you finished it you have to edit the following files:

- LockOn\Scripts\Database\planes\MIG-21.lua

- LockOn\Bazar\World\Shapes\F-16A.skins

- LockOn\Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua

Edited by beczl

Question about the nuke - now to get a drop authorization you have to fulfill 2 requirements - barometric altitude more than 4000m and dive angle more than 45 degrees. IRL tactical nukes from fighters are meant to be dropped from immelman - low level high speed ingress, vertical pull where the bomb is released automatically and opens a chute at the top point. Now I know this is not possible to be modeled in LO but what's the idea of this limitation in the mod - avoiding self damage?

=RvE=