Patch 1.0.1

It mainly the old timers that are familiar with the phenomenon of EDT "Eagle Dynamics Time" EDT has been in effect for every patch, addon and sim release. Calculating EDT is one of the more arcane branches of Quantum Physics that only a select few are schooled in these days, due to the complexity of the equations and unpredictability of the results.

For us mere mortals, that are familiar with the EDT phenomenon, we simply resign ourselves to the mantra of "When it's done" and with the words of the prophet Carl saying "No promises" ringing in our ears, we wait....

:lol:

IOW ETA 1.01 = EDT + 3.2......:pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that my evo force will be made a bit more forceful, to hold it's trim properly (i'm too chicken to take off the spring) as i got it based on it being pictured in the manual. I'm not optimistic though as there's been no mention of it so far.

This is what i hope too. But yea nothing mention so far about this. Believe me i tried that thing with the spring but it doesn't help much. The hold effect is not strong enough and the feeling of the stick is too loose with out the spring. It will be nice to have force feedback effects in the most realistic Heli sim ever released as this will add to the immersion even more!!!! Falcon 4 Allied force, Arma 2, Hawx(played only the demo and it sucks) all have force feedback effects why BS not.....

But also the new implemetation of Trim sounds nice.

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

This is what i hope too. But yea nothing mention so far about this. Believe me i tried that thing with the spring but it doesn't help much. The hold effect is not strong enough and the feeling of the stick is too loose with out the spring. It will be nice to have force feedback effects in the most realistic Heli sim ever released as this will add to the immersion even more!!!! Falcon 4 Allied force, Arma 2, Hawx(played only the demo and it sucks) all have force feedback effects why BS not.....

But also the new implemetation of Trim sounds nice.

+100000

I just wanted to ask, if this bugs are fixed in the 1.0.1 patch:

a) ALT+TAB practically kills any game if any ship is in the map cause you never be able to switch back to the game

b) Sound issues (very very annoying) - When you in the chopper you hear the engine sound as it should sound outside. To loud. Normally F2 - F1 solves this problem but with no external views allowed you every time have to stop the chopper, open and close the door. This is very annoying

c) Gear issue in Multiplayer - In F-views of other KA50s the gear often visually gets driven up after landing. So the gear is up but the helicopter still stays on a invisible gear.

d) The FARP position issue: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42816

BR Robert

a) ALT+TAB practically kills any game if any ship is in the map cause you never be able to switch back to the game

BR Robert

AHHHH I didn't know that, thank you. I've been wondering what the cause of that was. That helps enormously with other DCS issues I have.

Nate

BR Robert

Ah that also may explain why "ships are special" - I heard 159th report that Ships can't be hidden and shown via triggers. Well they can - but they are not invisible. \o/

The AI cant see them - but the player can - even when hidden via triggers.

Probably a bit too much special stuff going on with ships compared to other units (well, quite natural of course).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

c) Gear issue in Multiplayer - In F-views of other KA50s the gear often visually gets driven up after landing. So the gear is up but the helicopter still stays on a invisible gear.

A. Is supposed to be included in 1.0.1.

C. Is not supposed to be included in 1.0.1.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

Hello,

nice to hear that ships will be hopefully fixed. That the gear isnt fixed is no real problem, its just graphic.

For the FARP problem there is a workaround, so we can live with it, too.

But the sound problem would be nice to be fixed. ;)

BR

Robert

What annoys me the most is the heading trim. Trim should set attitude, not heading. For that I would engage route without waypoints.

Waiting for the patch.

Just turn off the heading hold AP button. It will give you what you want. The trim is bound to the AP system. If the AP is off the trim does not fuction for that non selected mode.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

What annoys me the most is the heading trim. Trim should set attitude, not heading. For that I would engage route without waypoints.

Waiting for the patch.

I think this is main reason a lot of people fly with the Flight Director on constantly, myself included.

Nate

I think this is main reason a lot of people fly with the Flight Director on constantly, myself included.

Nate

And what is the sense? What does the Flight Director do? It shows hud symbols that you can use to fly on route. Anything more?

I think there is one more little bug with the power system for the Nav-Systems. (HSI, radar alt ...).

You can power on the systems by two ways. The "Nav Switch" on the right panel or the "K041-Switch" on the left. Either of the switch brings the systems online. So they should stay online as long as one of the switches is on.

But that it does not do. When you have both switches on and switch ONE of them off, the systems goes offline even if the should get power of the other power line.

BR

RObert

Would it be possible to get a Readme file or some other document of the bug fixes, updates or enhancements already tested and will be included in the forthcoming patch hopefully to be released next month?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

And what is the sense? What does the Flight Director do? It shows hud symbols that you can use to fly on route. Anything more?

It removes the autopilot input on the Yaw, pitch and heading channels and leaves you with damping only to those channels. The Shark flies completely differently in this mode, and the stupid idea of altering the trim of the aircraft as well setting new autopilot positions at the same time, to just change heading, is removed.

Nate

Edit:- this would be less of a problem if we all had the same control systems as the real shark. But the necessary compromise to the range of motion and how trim works on the real as opposed to the simulated aircraft, make flying more difficult for the simulation pilot in the normal flight modes.

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Hey, trying to get somewhat back on topic (which hopefuly is still possible after reading through much of this thread =/) I would like to know if the following functionality is avaliable in 1.01:

For FFB users when moving the stick out of center and hitting the trimmer, the forces orient to keep the stick in that position. However, the deadzone set up in the axis option remains in the center of the joystick, thus becoming useless. Can/will the deadzone also orient itself to the sticks location when the trimmer is pressed?

Link to my thread in game controllers.

Edited by aphelion79

Just turn off the heading hold AP button. It will give you what you want. The trim is bound to the AP system. If the AP is off the trim does not fuction for that non selected mode.

Nate

Thanks for the advise. Digging in the forum I have found out that the real Ka-50 behaves the way it is implemented in the sim, so I shall learn how to fly with the Heading Blue Button of Stubborness engaged :joystick:

I suspect I need pedals as well :doh:

P.S.: Before someone tells: Yes, I twist my wrist :joystick:

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]