AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

ericoh

AH-1 S or W? What do you want?  

839 members have voted

1. 1. AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

• AH-1G
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1W

Thats it. As I said before - dont be so excited.

Especially since a blind monkey could have predicted the results of this poll.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the "MAYBE". Reading is a great skill.

Some of you people.... wow...

Edit: There, tripple marked the "MAYBE"

We dont blame you. You must be surprised how this thread is misunderstood.

BST ask us, BST will change it for us... Blah blah...

Edited by Chlebakus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of the misunderstanding on how official this thread is may have came from DCS sharing this poll on their Facebook page.

which page?, because there are 3 or 4 "Clone" pages that aren't run by anyone at ED ( Fan Pages ).

The poll was never posted on the Official Eagle Dynamics Facebook.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I just dont like missinformation. This forum is quite full of it. This poll was maybe created as some response to some statement there and elsewhere, but the point is still the ones who should be the ones asking are not the ones asking. I dont want to see disappointed group of people who believed that BST wanted to know something.

A valid concern and point, however PilotMi8 did acknowledge this thread earlier on.

EDIT: Awww cripes, the Whiskey is whippin' the tar out of my Sierra.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

...however PilotMi8 did acknowledge this thread earlier on.

Where? He has not made a post on the English forum since he made the post that caused this poll to be created.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think it is important for everyone voting to remember that "MAYBE", regardless of what is really going on. I'm sure there is more than just customer preference that BST is weighing here. Time and complexity of development for the various models in question being two other key factors I'm sure they're having to weigh with their decision.

I'm thrilled that they're at least considering other options besides the G. They could have just as easily gone forward without ever considering other options. If they come back with "look guys, we just can't effectively do anything but the G to the DCS standard" I'll accept that. Or if they feel development might be too problematic (access of information, complexity of systems, what have you).

If nothing else, this poll at least shows that the community would prefer to have something that can shoot at tanks. Now BST is free to do what they want to do with that information. Personally, I'm taking the approach that this poll may give them evidence they needed to see what the community wanted, and they'll factor that into the other variables they have to consider before making a final decision on which model to pursue. I look forward to hearing what they decide.

https://www.facebook.com/DcsWorld Actually It's probably a clone :doh:

Didn't think of that when I liked it

I believe the official page is:

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think that the AH-1G is not much more than a thin Huey

Both have the same weapons (rockets and guns)

The only difference is that the AH-1G was built for attack missions and not transport missions and the Huey was created for transport missions

I'll buy the Cobra even if it would be AH-1G but I prefer to buy a modern chopper that can fit in the modern battlefield,

i can not see how the AH-1G can fly against or with modern aircrafts like A-10's and benefit.

I think we already have enough airbased rocket launchers like the Huey, Mi-8, P-51 and more.

This is the time to have some more modern aircrafts with new experiences and Interests.

I voted for the AH-1W but i think that any cobra that can at least fire guided missiles or have a TSU or MFDs will be good enough for me.

(AH-1W gunner seat with TSU and MFD)

AH-1W%20Cobra%20gunner.jpg

I think that most of the DCS users would like a new modern aircraft

Look at the votes, only 7% (right now) want the AH-1G while the others preffer the AH-1W or AH-1S

I hope that belsimtek will see my comment and think again if they want to release the AH-1G and not the AH-1W or AH-1S

Edited by yuv

Voted for "Sierra" :joystick: But I will still buy it anyway even if they release "Golf" or "Whiskey". :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

• 2 weeks later...

No one expects the W to be released. We simply would prefer it to be released.

And yes we get excited about it, its an Attack chopper and a damn good one at that!

No one should hold pilot MI-8 to a simple statement that "the AH-1G may be reconsidered in favour to an S or W". it may not happen. At best we may get an S or even perhaps the original G.

This Poll, like all other polls, simply states what we want and what we really really want is DCS world 1980 -1990s era to be balanced as far as attack choppers are concerned.... In fact I personally think the AH-1W will pretty much balance the entire DCS world for the 80s & 90s.

So far Belsimtek have offered superb "Iconic" aircraft and I guess the G can lay claim to being the first dedicated attack helicopter and is therefore a perfect aircraft for the Belsimtek catalogue.

But if it where me, and the W was not an option at the moment.....

I says Hind next.... now that is a supreme icon!

Then release the W!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'd say we don't need a supreme icon, but rather a good attack helicopter, so that would be either ah-1w or apache.

Apache is already confirmed by VEAO

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Apache is already confirmed by VEAO

writing it on a roadmap and doing it are two different things, just remember on the iris roadmap. So the apache helicopter is currently not in developing by any third party team. VEAO can prove me wrong : )

Edited by tobaschi

you both feels picky this morning aren't ya?

should've wrote:

'' VEAO are listing this on their roadmap, they will probably be doing it, so it's unnessessary for Belsimtek to do an other Apache''

Feels beeter now?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I want to vote for the 3. Is it possible?

EDIT: Did read the above post, but its pretty much the same, only vote for the S... To give it some points.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• ED Team
'' VEAO are listing this on their roadmap, they will probably be doing it, so it's unnessessary for Belsimtek to do an other Apache''

Saying that it's unnecessary for Belsimtek (who's been cranking out modules relatively fast, and on a DCS-level of detail) to do "another" Apache is amusing, to say the least.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

The G and S flight models ought to be quite similar to the UH-1H, with the G being a comparatively easy model to build since the power train and rotor system are virtually identical, the reflex sight up front is almost the same, and the weapons loads are very similar as well. The Whiskey flies a good deal like a November model Huey, and my impression of the UH-1H from the game is that it's flight model is quite like that of the UH-1N. Therefore, it would seem to follow that tweaking the UH-1H flight model to that of a Whiskey ought to be a reasonable task.

As others have mentioned, the difficulty with the AH-1S and AH-1W compared to an AH-1G is the increased amount of avionics/weapons controls. As for those who like the Z, the AH-1W is just as capable as the current iteration of the AH-1Z (more capable in some respects), and having flown both (1100 hours in the W, 300 in the Zulu), I much prefer the AH-1W. The AH-1W carries a wider variety of ordnance than any other attack helicopter (try loading Sidewinders , TOW, or 5" rockets on an Apache...), so there is a lot of potential there. Plus, on the Whiskey you don't have to scroll through a bunch of MFD pages to access information, it's all right in front of you. Steam gauges have their advantages, you know....

Edited by gtxc01