DCS:VEAO Avro Lancaster Discussion

I'd absolutely love to see a fully modelled Lanc in this sim. But we'd need a large historical map to utilize it properly as well, plus period accurate AI ground and air units friend and foe, &c, &c...

Anyway, I'd buy such a package on day ONE. Feekin' hell, a DCS-level Lanc!!!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

This is awesome and I think WW2 aircraft are easier to get info on than 4th gen meanwhile I do think 3rd gen aircraft are the easiest, but either way I would love an aircraft in DCS with a specific role of bombing/attacking can you imagine flying 100 feet above the sea, dropping skipping bombs and torpedoes on German fleet!! oh man that would be awesome; if they keep it a secret project like AJS-37 by LN until it's almost done that would be awesome!

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing." -Chuck Yeager.

4 engine model is currently not possible in DCS, we'll be the first if it goes ahead.

I'd say that pretty much closes this discussion.

Look what happened when people tried to do multi-crew before ED had it working.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS:VEAO Avro Lancaster Discussion

This is awesome and I think WW2 aircraft are easier to get info on than 4th gen meanwhile I do think 3rd gen aircraft are the easiest, but either way I would love an aircraft in DCS with a specific role of bombing/attacking can you imagine flying 100 feet above the sea, dropping skipping bombs and torpedoes on German fleet!! oh man that would be awesome; if they keep it a secret project like AJS-37 by LN until it's almost done that would be awesome!

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record (yeah, like that's bothered me before :D ) if you want a dedicated attack bomber to skim the surface of the sea/land at high speed and deliver devastating attacks with either unguided or precision weaponry to enemy shipping, infrastructure or military installations, or can even perform close air support or laser designate targets for itself and other friendly aircraft, that has plenty of freely available information around (I've got three aircrew manuals for it) and no worries about classified systems then one needs look no further than the magnificent Blackburn Buccaneer.

Anyone? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tombeckett2285

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

How many flight sims replicate a fully model lancaster apart from microsoft flight sims and even then the dcs systems and fully click able cockpit would be a hands down win.

Edit: [ame]

[/ame] Its ok but would not be as good as a dcs level flight model.
Edited by Coxy_99
  • 1 month later...

While out for a walk yesterday at the town of As in Belgium I came across this little memorial to a Lancaster crew which crashed near the railway station.

Yj6QxYw.jpg

On the reverse of the monument:

RfTXvpI.jpg

Info board about the Crew and their Lancaster and how the pilot stayed with the aircraft to let the rest of the crew be able to bail out:

9EZLNhl.jpg

F/O later F/Lt Doug Jennings wrote a book about his flight and escape across Europe to get home to England, Jump or Die http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jump-Die-Douglas-Jennings/dp/1873257503/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460190210&sr=1-1&keywords=Jump+or+Die

GvbC1gx.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Thanks for sharing that Allicat. What a great job that Belgium town has done to honour those heroes.

They have, recently they were clearing the area and renovating the old station and came across the remnants of the aircraft which led to the erection of the memorial.

Edit: Just was looking at the map, they were shot by AAA over Eindhoven, the aircraft then flew another 30 miles (50km) before crashing in As

The station it's self is the oldest surviving station in Limburg, it is now a restaurant, with the closure of the deep mines in the area the trains no longer run and the tracks have been lifted, all that is left here is a small heritage site and even that is quite run down.

Jean-Pierre Wuyts was the person from As that did the research and approached the town council to get the monument erected.

Guilyn "Ginger" Guy is buried in a nearby graveyard in As

Another piece about it:

http://noviomagus.tripod.com/dj-crew.htm

About the raid:

http://www.207squadron.rafinfo.org.uk/wesseling/

http://www.207squadron.rafinfo.org.uk/wesseling/wesseling_tgtmap_dear.htm

Target map:

wesseling_tgtmap_dear.jpg

Edited by Alicatt
  • Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Thanks for sharing that Allicat. What a great job that Belgium town has done to honour those heroes.

here.....here.

Thanks Allicat.........have some rep mate :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Whoa, Look forward to seeing the Lancaster in DCS at some point. thumbup.gif

Alicatt, a superb memorial to fallen aviators. If you're over in the UK please visit Metheringham airfield museum, it's about 15 minutes drive from RAF Coningsby and contains the remains of a Lancaster that was excavated in Holland. To see parts of an air frame that you're familiar with that have been buckled and twisted and shattered is a somber experience, let alone the thought that 8 young men died inside it. 55,572 airmen of bomber command made the ultimate sacrifice, lest we forget.

1234.jpg.a6fa082c4b1b2314ce8a270a4aaf0d41.jpg

Edited by Harry.R
While out for a walk yesterday at the town of As in Belgium I came across this little memorial to a Lancaster crew which crashed near the railway station.

Yj6QxYw.jpg

On the reverse of the monument:

RfTXvpI.jpg

Info board about the Crew and their Lancaster and how the pilot stayed with the aircraft to let the rest of the crew be able to bail out:

9EZLNhl.jpg

F/O later F/Lt Doug Jennings wrote a book about his flight and escape across Europe to get home to England, Jump or Die http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jump-Die-Douglas-Jennings/dp/1873257503/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460190210&sr=1-1&keywords=Jump+or+Die

GvbC1gx.jpg

Very lovely tribute.

Thank you for sharing.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV