Wags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that

Me either. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Well , here's a thought ... instead of F-14 back in time against Zero's , imagine A-10's going back in time, and let them loose at the Battle of Kursk ....My god , that would be EPIC ( and no contest at all .... )

Intel Core i7 980X @3.33Ghz / 6Gb A-Data DDR3-1333 / nVidia Geforce GTX 470 / Intel X25-M SSD 160Gb / Hitachi Int 1 TB / Win 7 Ultimate 64 / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Saitek Pedals / TIR 4 Pro / Sweex 2 Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI-e

You know, there's several people who always wondered 'what if' with respect to prop and modern fighter combat ... :D

I have a feeling there will be a few 'prop' only servers appearing, a bit like the fps 'guns n knives only' ??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Depends on the modern battlefield. Keep in mind that currently there have been contracts awarded for light COIN/CAS aircrafts - although the DCS P-51 really does represent a WW2 plane.

You don't have to really integrate though ... and really, the P-51 is only the start of DCS: Flying Legends IMHO.

Also, I don't think you'll find that it is the most accurate, hard-core P-51 COMBAT flight sim out there, so if you were ever curious about how they flew, how they had to be flown ... and I'll say that it is VERY different from a jet ... any jet. And very different from any WW2 game you might have played.

Curious but I simply do not see how it will intergrate with a modern battlefield with modern jets etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is very disappointing. There are simulations such as IL2, where the P-51 is very well done and which deals with piston aircraft.

What about the great years of jet aviation? Where is the F-4? Where is the MiG-21? What about the eighties and F15, MiG-29, Su-27?

It would be nice to have a realistic simulator of those planes

DCS is going the wrong way.

I don't really "get" this, but it will be interesting to watch develop. ATM I'm purely here for the modern aspect of DCS. Pretty sick of ww2.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

@GrizzleBock: the Ju-87G was already there ;)

I think the P-51 is a wise choice, because it's speed is close enough to the A-10. And even if it might not kill most tanks with the A-10's ease, it sure can hunt all sort of vehicles, some infantry and helicopters :D

basic

for translators ...

I would love a 64 bit WW2 sim, but pvp with P51 only, I'm not yet sure if thats something to enjoy, could be fun.

Hope there will be AI 190 or 109 at least.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Actually there is a big WW2 community and WW2 planes are quite popular. Maybe not on this forum, right now, but that community is out there. This is the right step to keep DCS flying.

Looks like joke. ED is strange. I would be more greatfull if they started do DCS F-16 or F-18 some plane whitch is wanted by community not these flying legends whitch is only for fun and for few pilots... I mean bad step...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the right choice for ed to tap into that WWII money.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

where the P-51 is very well done

Ahahahaha :D

What about the great years of jet aviation? Where is the F-4? Where is the MiG-21? What about the eighties and F15, MiG-29, Su-27?

If you're complaining about WW2 planes, why wouldn't you be complaining about crappy old jets? The workload in those is pretty heavy once you get into the early radar age.

It would be nice to have a realistic simulator of those planes

DCS is going the wrong way.

DCS is going the right way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So that's why there is a folder inside the BS2 called P-51...

I want a carrier launched aircraft ED, or I'll buy IL-2 Sturmovik.. I'm itching to punch somebody in the face and fly his front row of teeth out..

I expected the full plan mr. wags... Not this trickle trickle trickle style of announcement. We got feelings too you know..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well, I'm a little disappointed.. P-51?.. I'll pass.. I want the afterburner sonic boom mach 15 stuff ED, not some cropduster... Jesus!!!

I think mr.wags here needs to point out the upcoming FIXED WING JET aircraft, and not some old WW-2 tank buster, in place of a canned jet project..

Any shares on my thoughts??

Unless they are putting off like the F-18 E/D for USAF classified area 51 macho bulls*it for the Mustang... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I totally agree with your idea:director:

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI Chinese Web

Intel i7 6800k OC 3.7GHz | MSI X99 | Nvidia GTC1060 6G | DDR4 2400MHz 32GB | Sumsung SSD 256GB | Apple 27’LCD | TM Hotas Warthog for A10C & Cougar for FC3 | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic63864_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

^^^^

You want ED to keep producing modern jets?

Support their expansion into other markets.

I bet most of you have NO CLUE whatsoever into how a tail-dragger flies.

Find out what your fathers/grandfathers flew! It is VERY different from a jet. VERY!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will be nice not to have jammers and BVR guided missiles from time to time. bring it on! :thumbsup:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P