DCS Vietnam

Thank you. I simply can't see the mistake in my case. I have all the folders you mentioned (I moved the complete vfstextures folder to the new location). The mod itself is enabled in JSGME.

you set the season to Autumn as well, before the mission start? (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

you set the season to Autumn as well, before the mission start? (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread).

Yes, i checked that. But it should also work with summer if you copy the LandTexturesAutumnOther and rename it to LandTexturesSummerOther. At least it was working this way in 1.5.3. Anyway, never mind. I can also play it with the default trees....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this great work!

I'm using JSGME but still the mod doesnt seem to be wroking. Any idea why? Uncompatibleness issues with DCS 1.5 maybe?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hey guys,

Same problem as Alpen above.

I run Caucassus with no issues. But vietnam (and desert) will not load through JSGME.

Tried the following dates in Editor: Setp 28, Oct 1, oct 28.

No error messages from JSGME tho.

Did the aforementioned vfstexture folders move. Doesn't seem to help any either.

Edited by Thisdale

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Has any body got this to work, either in JSGME or direct Install? 1.5.4???

Edited by BravoFoxTrt

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Has any body got this to work, either in JSGME or direct Install?

Yes I have it working via JSGME.

In some instances when you download a Mod in zipped format and then proceed to unzip it, it contains the initial folder title and then a second folder named precisely the same. You need to copy the second folder to your _Mods location in DCS for it to work.

You extract the contents of the zipped folder and you will see:

Example 1st Folder title= DCS 1.5 Vietnam

You open that folder and you are presented with the following:

Example 2nd Folder title=DCS 1.5 Vietnam

This second folder you copy and paste to your DCS _Mods folder.

Also remember that this mod only works if you have set your mission season to autumn. I hope this helps.

:pilotfly:

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...Also remember that this mod only works if you have set your mission season to autumn. I hope this helps.

:pilotfly:

Same for me it does not work... you know there is no more seasons setting in the mission editor...for it to work in Georgia what date, and month should it work on?

Nice work on starway again for this beautiful mod...cant wait to try this in this Vietnam era with the F-5 :thumbup:

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

Hello again everybody,

I did some investigation...

after a quick look I think I might know why its not working with JSGME...

the folder path are changed since a couple of version now in dcs... the terrain is somewhere else.

The location of the vfstexture folder for example is located here in the JSGME package:

DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures

and in the DCS folder there is no more Terrain at this location, but now found under :

DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures

Only this could explain a few things...

Montreal, Québec, Canada

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

I finally mange to fix with the correct paths this mod. Since I am not the owner of this mod, I cant post it directly here I think... but if you PM me, I will be glad to share it from my drive.

++

• Like 1

Montreal, Québec, Canada

With the Fix Popov did, we were able to fly out to "Vietnam" for a quick mission. We had a blast with the F5. I must say, it is a hell of a good plane for this type of environment!

Here are some pictures. Highly recommended mod. Add a good layer of Fog guys, to make things a little more "authentic".

Screen_160802_223354.jpg

Screen_160802_224810.jpg

Screen_160802_232822.jpg

Screen_160802_233117.jpg

Screen_160802_234106.jpg

Screen_160802_234313.jpg

Screen_160802_234611.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

With the Fix Popov did, we were able to fly out to "Vietnam" for a quick mission. We had a blast with the F5. I must say, it is a hell of a good plane for this type of environment!

Here are some pictures. Highly recommended mod. Add a good layer of Fog guys, to make things a little more "authentic".

Screen_160802_223354.jpg

Screen_160802_224810.jpg

Screen_160802_232822.jpg

Screen_160802_233117.jpg

Screen_160802_234106.jpg

Screen_160802_234313.jpg

Screen_160802_234611.jpg

Makes really happy to see that this mod is still alive!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

JSGME

... Still doesnt work for me -___- simply adding the mod's files to the JSGME folder (the way I have all the mods working) is not how this mod works! Shame...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 4 months later...

Any more updates

Before I download and run this Vietnam 1.1 update can anyone tell me if there are anymore updates (preferably the final version or latest version)? If so where can I find them. There are a lot of pages on this thread now.

Looks great! Thanks Skyway!

Alpha

DCS Vietnam Mod is finally ready to release. I´m gonna upload the mod in a GME file.

Get ready to rumble.

vLjff7d.jpg

lSoU7gX.jpg

n16PkhI.jpg

JKMUnUk.jpg

Link is up:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h08crv6s0za4u1s/DCS_Vietnam_by_Starway.rar

I recommend using neutral color in dcs graphics menu.

Also I use sweet fx. Here are my settings:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2ie3ceakk4z6d8l/SweetFX_settings.txt

This mod is a completly retexturing of the caucasus map in a south-east-asian look including:

- new terrain texture

- new forrest/palms

- new buildings texture

- new fields/rice paddies

- new skins for ground units

- new mountains texture

- new wide range textures (so that the mountains look green and not white in the distance)

Thanks for Streets and Village Mod Highwayman. I used it as a base for this mod.

Have fun

Update 1.1 is finished and ready to download.

What is new:

- Reworked terrain tiles

- Reworked river borders

- Reworked grass and fields

- Reworked beach

Please export texture-files to your JSGME archive:

DCS Vietnam by Starway\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures\LandTexturesAutumnOther

Overwrite old files. Have fun!

w5iwCm0.jpg

nWnZ2ad.jpg

8OwWA26.jpg

Z11KeHl.jpg

Link to the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6axw108w31n5d5/Vietnam_byStarway_Update_1.rar

Thanks to T@ker of news3d.eu, who gave me permission to use some of his terrain textures, which are part of a private mod, as a base for my mod.

• 2 weeks later...

The game path changed since mod was released so you have to extract it somewhere and copy/paste the "LandTexturesAutumnOther" in ....\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures. And choose autumn in mission editor to see it in game. Make copy of original file first :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
1.5.5 ready?

I have this mod working in 1.5.5 by correcting the paths.

I recommend to accompany this mod,

Likiki's

North Korea mod

American WW II mod

There are many other objects suitable for Vietnam scenarios available.

Too many to list here.

Do a search.

Have fun!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 4 weeks later...

There is a pulldown in the ME for season. IIRC, that takes effect regardless of the date.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...