MiG-21Bis Dynamic Campaign: Guardians of the Caucasus

MBot

Is there any way to restart an in-progress campaign? I'm HIGHLY unhappy with how my current one is, I'm only a few days in and pretty much out of fighters.

See first post:

The first time a mission is completed, a file called 'MDC_campaign_results.lua' is created in your 'DCS World' folder. On subsequent launching of the mission file, the campaign loads the 'MDC_campaign_results.lua' and progresses from there on.

If you delete or rename this file, your campaign should start from scratch.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic mission MBot. Dynamic Campaign rocks! Is it possible to modify the type of AI aircraft and AA units spawned? The Mig-15 should soon be released and flying MiG-15bis intercept against F86, P-51s and B-52s would be awesome! Sort of using the current mission, but turn back the time to the 1950's...

The Mig-15 should soon be released and flying MiG-15bis intercept against F86, P-51s and B-52s would be awesome! Sort of using the current mission, but turn back the time to the 1950's...

This. :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

877 downloads within 2 months, I am really pleases by the good reception of this campaign. Thanks a lot for all the encouraging feedback and comments.

I updated the first post with a new version 1.1 with some small changes and improvements. Here is the changelog:

-Reduced B-52 night sorties altitude below contrail altitude

-Disabled B-52 jammer as it did more harm than good

-Fixed some typos

-Fixed dangerous ground vehicles

-Reduced visibility in rain or thunderstorm by adding fog

-Added player stats for current mission in debriefing scoreboard

Existing save-games continue to work, so you can safely switch to this version even with a campaign in progress.

Thanks very much. Will this new version be fully compatible with the latest updates or are we still stuck with an older version?

Coop still doesn't work with the current DCS version, this is simply outside my control. Let's hope this is patched soon.

Great campaign, Mbot!

We've tried a couple of missions co-op (3 clients), and it seems as if that infernal fuel truck is in front of somebody's hangar more often than not. Is it an easy fix to just disable the dynamic fuel truck, or at least keep it off the smaller taxiways?

We've tried a couple of missions co-op (3 clients), and it seems as if that infernal fuel truck is in front of somebody's hangar more often than not. Is it an easy fix to just disable the dynamic fuel truck, or at least keep it off the smaller taxiways?

Do you remember which slot was blocked? I have run about 15 missions in our MP group and about 25 mission solo and I have not yet seen a ground vehicle actually blocking someone.

I don't suppose 1.15 has addressed the glitches? If so, we might not be able to update and keep MP campaign.

I haven't tried it yet, but according to the patch notes it should be okay:

• Fixed client crash on script coalition.addGroup()

(On a side note: It's irritating that they keep adding stuff to the list; I'm sure this item wasn't there in the first version of the patch notes.)

• Fixed client crash on script coalition.addGroup()

(On a side note: It's irritating that they keep adding stuff to the list; I'm sure this item wasn't there in the first version of the patch notes.)

It looks like he updated the initial open beta changelog for the release. And no it wasn't listed initially even though it was actually fixed. I asked them to add it cause I saw a few complaints that it wasn't listed, so people assumed that it wasn't fixed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The F-15Cs were a bit of a pain when they showed up (after we destroyed an F-5 and F-4 squadron and half the F-16 squadron in the span of two flights) but overall the campaign is easily the most fun I've had in DCS and possibly some of the most fun I've had in a flight sim.

Hopefully this is a concept that can be easily expanded to other modules, would love to see an F-15 campaign or an A-10C campaign with ground forces (or maybe even a combined campaign).

The F-15Cs were a bit of a pain when they showed up (after we destroyed an F-5 and F-4 squadron and half the F-16 squadron in the span of two flights) but overall the campaign is easily the most fun I've had in DCS and possibly some of the most fun I've had in a flight sim.

Hopefully this is a concept that can be easily expanded to other modules, would love to see an F-15 campaign or an A-10C campaign with ground forces (or maybe even a combined campaign).

I aprreciate the extra effort It'll take, but If this can be expanded to other aircraft or a combined arms approach, It would go down great over here at UOAF :D

Somehow I do not get into contact with GCI. I am in mission 2 and not EWR were destroyed sofar and frequencies remain unchanged?

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

PS: Nevermind, this does not seem to be mission related. I do not get any contact with GCI in any other missions, only AWACS works.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying this campaign, but I can't seem to get beyond the first mission. I made the edit to the MissionScripting.lua like it says to do, and exit the mission using the F10 menu after I land, but it never updates the mission. I just keep flying the first mission over and over. Same result every time in both SP and MP. I like the first mission, but I kinda want to see the rest of the campaign. :helpsmilie:plz

Enjoying this campaign, but I can't seem to get beyond the first mission. I made the edit to the MissionScripting.lua like it says to do, and exit the mission using the F10 menu after I land, but it never updates the mission. I just keep flying the first mission over and over. Same result every time in both SP and MP. I like the first mission, but I kinda want to see the rest of the campaign. :helpsmilie:plz

Could it be related to this known problem?

Yes, this seems to be a DCS bug where F10 commands are screwed up when missions are reloaded. You can avoid this by completely shut down the server (including quitting the MP environment) before starting a new mission. Since doing this, I have never encountered the problem again. This problem only applies to MP by the way, no issues at all in SP.

Other than that, I could only advise you to double-check the first post for instructions.

Could it be related to this known problem?

Other than that, I could only advise you to double-check the first post for instructions.

I don't think so, as it is both MP and SP that I have this problem.

I end the mission by hitting F10-F1-F1 then completely quit the game.

Also, I have noticed the MDC_campaign_results.lua seems to never be created. Why is this?