MiG-21Bis Dynamic Campaign: Guardians of the Caucasus

MBot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBot, sorry to bug you about this since you're focusing on DCE right now, but would there be any adverse effects from my removing the "Vaziani Ground Personnel" spawns around the airbase?

I've noticed that their patrols can sometimes meander into the taxiway and prevent the AI MiGs from going up while the poor singleplayer goon has to deal with 16+ hostiles on his own.

Excellent work with this campaign by the way, and DCE's looking very interesting as well. Can't wait for you to get it rolled out, but don't release it until you're happy with it obviously.

Edited by Shively

MBot, I just wanted to say a big thank you for this campaign. I've just finished it and have really enjoyed it, both as a great DCS experience and a chance to get to know and appreciate the Mig 21.

It was a close run thing, partly because I forgot to modify the files after an update meaning I had to endure far longer than was intended.

I had massive frustration with missions where I was killed in the initial merge, an insane knife fight with five F16s where I scored two kills and lived to tell the tail plus one epic victory where we downed 6 Falcons and 6 Eagles for no losses.

Truthfully in the end I have to credit our air defence forces for keeping the enemy at bay until the offensive began.

Overall, some of the most fun I've had with DCS and I can't wait to see your next work.

MBot, sorry to bug you about this since you're focusing on DCE right now, but would there be any adverse effects from my removing the "Vaziani Ground Personnel" spawns around the airbase?

I've noticed that their patrols can sometimes meander into the taxiway and prevent the AI MiGs from going up while the poor singleplayer goon has to deal with 16+ hostiles on his own.

Excellent work with this campaign by the way, and DCE's looking very interesting as well. Can't wait for you to get it rolled out, but don't release it until you're happy with it obviously.

Could you please tell me how to remove them?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mbot!

First of all thank you for this great campaign. It really gives DCS what it needed most.

So i was flying your campaign (Solo Multiplayer), and it went all fine until day 4. I updated the time and weather from the .lua file and loaded it up. However DCS keeps crashing whenever i select the role. I tried default weather and times, but it keeps crashing.

Starting a new campaign seems to work, but I'd rather want to keep my progress :(

I got the MDC_Campaign_results.lua attached, so the error may be reproduced.

Thanks!

MDC_campaign_results.lua

• 4 weeks later...

Hello awhile ago someone figured out how to change the users aircraft to anything you want. I figured if they could do that possibly we could make enemy planes mig21s 29s etc and use f5s for the home and user squadron. Anyone know how? At least f5s would have a campaign

• 4 months later...

It works in principle, though I do not really consider it usable. Some months after the campaign's release, a change in DCS broke the system to display the briefings and debriefings.

If you have the Nevada map, in a short while there will be a better dynamic campaign for the MiG-21 based on a new system.

It works in principle, though I do not really consider it usable. Some months after the campaign's release, a change in DCS broke the system to display the briefings and debriefings.

If you have the Nevada map, in a short while there will be a better dynamic campaign for the MiG-21 based on a new system.

Thanks for the info! I will wait for that then! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Friends, i'm having some trouble with the campaign, i did the change on the missionscripting file, i flied the 1st mission, then f10 F1 F1 to save the debriefing , but no MDC_Campaign_Results in my dcs folder, so i can't continue the campaign.

What can i do? Ty

Hello Friends, i'm having some trouble with the campaign, i did the change on the missionscripting file, i flied the 1st mission, then f10 F1 F1 to save the debriefing , but no MDC_Campaign_Results in my dcs folder, so i can't continue the campaign.

What can i do? Ty

Having the same issue. What a shame as this was a great mission I loved!

Having the same issue. What a shame as this was a great mission I loved!

Are you saying that the campaign previously worked for you but now doesn't anymore? This would indicate that this is related to some current scripting bugs in 1.5 (haven't used 1.5 myself for a while now).

Are you saying that the campaign previously worked for you but now doesn't anymore? This would indicate that this is related to some current scripting bugs in 1.5 (haven't used 1.5 myself for a while now).

Yes, The last modified from the last backup of my old save was from January of 2016, so around one year ago was the last time I tried it and it worked.

Was gonna give the mission a try again but after playing it and loading it back up, the progress wasn't saved and noticed it had not created a new MDC_campaign_results.lua and I also ensured that the sanitize options were commented out as I'm also working myself on saving unit locations to a remote server for multiplayer games via TCP.

Any ideas or updates Mbot? If there is any more information or testing you need me to do, please let me know. I'd be willing to help.

Thanks for your time.

Any ideas or updates Mbot? If there is any more information or testing you need me to do, please let me know. I'd be willing to help.

Thanks for your time.

I haven't looked at it yet and probably wont for some time, as I am very busy with new campaigns. Frankly as it just stopped working I am not very optimistic that much can be done from my side anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I tested this campaign today and all worked very well ! Don't forget those modifications :

In order to allowing carrying over information from one mission to the next, it is absolutely necessary to modify the file 'MissionScripting.lua' in the folder 'DCS World\Scripts'. Add two minus signs in front of line 17 'sanitizeModule('io')' and line 18 'sanitizeModule('lfs')'.

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 1 year later...
Is this campaign still working correctly with 2.5?

I doubt it. I would recommend you try one of the sucessor campaigns made with Mbots new Dynamic Campaign Engine: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153020

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

Most of the campaign still seems to work with 2.5. Actually the only bugs I have encountered yet are, that the NATO forces have no faction and that the pop up mission briefing is to long to be fully displayed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Ok, hold on hold on here... dynamic campaign? It's just a normal DCS campaign that goes from one mission to the next dependent on your results, right? I assume this is some kind of undocumented hacking somebody's done if not? Some special coding here? All this talk of Dynamic Campaigns in the future has me confused. Maybe the techniques used here are no longer necessary for such a campaign with branching paths?

This all mostly works in 2.5 I assume? This thread is really aging.

DCS World, truly held together by its community I see.

Oculus Rift S / Aorus GTX 1080TI / Intel i7 7700k @4.2 GHz

/ 32GB DDR4 RAM @2400 MHz / TB250-BTC Biostar Motherboard / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog PC / Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals / Windows 10 / Western Digital 500GB SSD