My WiiMote project is complete!

JonK

THIS MAY BE OF USE TO SOME OF YOU

UPDATE: I was having random luck with the rocketfish bluetooth dongle on Vista 64. I upgraded to windows 7 beta (not a good thing, should have done separate install), and had NO LUCK at all getting the bluetooth to work using the vista drivers. I like windows 7 which seems to run cleaner & faster, BUT i wanted to uninstall it and go back to Vista but learned that that isn't possible without losing everything and doing a clean reinstall!........ So I thought to myself, why not try the XP drivers to see what happens........AND to my surprise, that did the trick!!!

The Vista drivers didn't work in Win7 but the XP drivers did!!! :)

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I need help about using wiimote with freetrack,

I was try, but the captation its very very poor with track clip pro (my led system for freetrack).

I was try to search info about the captation with wiimote cam, but nothing.

Could someone confirm how it should be led to capture some screenshot with the Wiimote. In my case, the LEDs are reflected in freetrack with very little intensity. Works but not with the fluidity that it should.

Can influence the bluethoot we use this?

pls....heelp....heeeeelp.... ;)

I5 4690K@4500ghz/24gb DDR3 ram/Evga GTX1070

The problem is that the Wiimote is optimized for 950nm wavelength IR LEDs, and the TrackClip Pro uses a different wavelength for its LEDS (Shorter, I believe).

The bluetooth stack is not your issue, based upon what you wrote.

If you wish to continue using a Wiimote with FreeTrack, you will need to build, or buy a point model that uses 950nm IR LEDs. You will find plenty of information about that over in the FreeTrack forums. I believe you will also find at least one guy that sells ball caps with built-in (3 point model) IR LEDs for a not-unreasonable cost (However, IIRC he's in North America, so shipping to Madrid may not be desirable for you.

Fortunately, the FreeTrack site and forums have plenty of information about how to build your own 3 point model.

If you wish instead to keep using your TrackClip Pro point model, then you'll want to buy a TrackIR that can "see it" well. That will cost you more, but you get the benefit of ditching the Bluetooth (and the Wiimote startup/synchronizing routine) by having a much easier/convenient USB device. Or... go the typical FreeTrack route of adapting a webcam, which unfortunately will typically have *much* lower framerates (FPS) and will impose a greater processing load upon your CPU (and may still be hit or miss on "seeing" your TrackClip Pro well).

Edited by CyBerkut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thaks Cyberkut.

I will try the inverse solution.

Freetrack in the forum have told me the same thing as you, the LEDs of the "Track-clip Pro" little intensity to the Wiimote.

In this momento I dont have any problem with freetrack, I have Philips SPC900nc with 90fps....but wiimote its better.

Thank again!!! (And I'm sorry for my English...:( )

But ... what if we raise the Wiimote is a powerful filter? One solution would be changed to a more permissive IR filter? (like a piece of photographic film, for example)

Edited by =Kike=

You're welcome! And I assure you, your english is much better than my spanish (which is virtually non-existent).

If you swap out the filter on your Wiimote, I'd like to hear how that works out for you. If you could take some pictures of the process, that would be even better!

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

You're welcome! And I assure you, your english is much better than my spanish (which is virtually non-existent).

If you swap out the filter on your Wiimote, I'd like to hear how that works out for you. If you could take some pictures of the process, that would be even better!

Good luck!

No problem....and I have the information in video about how to change: 01:37 of this video...jejejeje

I think Friday I can confirm somthing about this....I think if possible, one would only be a matter of finding the apropiate filter for the wiimote cam with leds that we use, I think it is easier to find the perfect and expensives (or not) wiimote leds. (I think it is a good solution reverse, change filter instead of changing leds)

Thx!!

• 2 weeks later...

My problem was resolved. I was change the bluethoot device for one new device (Conceptronic CBTU2A for 9€ in Spain), and all its perfect.

No neccesary to use bluesoleil, the captation are perfect with trackclip pro, no necessary to remove IRfilter...all its perfect.

Thx all!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest weaselgx

Has anyone tested placing the IR LED the other way around? (LED facing the Wiimote rather than facing the display). I currently have the LED facing the display but it seems to have trouble tracking in some spots. I'll try doing it the other way around but if anyone tried it and know it's a bad idea, I'd like to save some time ;)

Thanks!

I currently have the LED facing the display but it seems to have trouble tracking in some spots.

Hi,

only pose a problem to me come to me and that can be put to other users.

I have 2 Wiimote, one of them works well and captures perfectly the leds, and the other does not (but both work with the Wii without problems).

Which works well represents the leds very well, and the other in a very bad with the same problem, I think.

Do you have another wiimote to try?

• 3 months later...
my glove:

Looks great!

I'm still not sure whether to have a side switch for my thumb or go for a switch at the end of my finger - trouble is I have no idea what switch is best for the tip-of-the-finger option because no one has taken a picture of what it looks like, I'm not good with names of switches!

Being from the UK I checked out Maplins electronics for switches and I just don't know which one is suitable.

Appreciate some 'switch' photos please :thumbup:

Finally, what battery life could we expect between an AA and CR2032 type battery?

Cheers :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my micro switch in the index finger of the glove.

Use one that is very sensitive, so your dont have to put to much pressure on the TFT Monitor.

700460_BB_00_FB.EPS_250.jpg

Cool, I actually salvaged a microswitch from an old mouse. Works very well and like you say needs very little pressure to activate - it should fit into the finger of the glove with no problems.

Mouse_9.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Nike IR BS Glove!

Finally finished my IR glove for Black Shark :)

Some bits were slightly fiddly and definitely improved my soldering skills.

I calibrated it and was really impressed with the result in BS, clicking cockpit switches by hand is so satisfying! Even impressed the wife so must be good :thumbup:

Hoping to get a You Tube video up soon - finished glove below.

photo3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ri1IGT5mWc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ri1IGT5mWc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:) great fun.

Awesome :thumbup:

Go Ugly Early

Thanks guys, I enjoyed making it and I have no electrical skills at all so it was a learning experience too, especially with the soldering!

I have another little video here, not brilliant as it was very late at night but I hope to create something a little better next time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]