Interesting article about Nvidia's Gameworks VR SLI initiative.

GameWorks VR

NVIDIA Takes the Lid Off ‘Gameworks VR’ – Technical Deep Dive and Community Q&A

I’ve discussed two different ways to use VR SLI—affinity masking and broadcasting — but note that you don’t have to choose between them. Both styles of use can easily be mixed within the same application. So it’s easy for engine developers to start out using affinity masking, then gradually convert portions of their engine over to broadcasting as and when they need to. However, any level of VR SLI support does require active integration into an engine — it’s not possible to automatically enable VR SLI in games that haven’t integrated it.
I wonder if ED have any intention to integrated it into DCS2.0?

• 9 months later...

If they integrate it into DCS 1.5 beta, DCS players can then use SLI GTX 960 with VR @ 90Hz probably huh? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't see ED investing time in something that will only benefit Nvidia SLI users.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Almost every DCS player has Nvidia, and that SLI would benefit from Gameworks by having twice the fps (I assume, instead of currently only 1.5x the fps) would be great! Let's first see how expensive all 1070s are...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

ED Doesnt Use the GameWorks API.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I specifically bought a second GTX 970 since SLI was one of the key features that were promised for the new EDGE engine, that was quite some time before 1.5 was even released. So yeah, I do see ED investing time in Nvidia SLI..

So, can you tell me, how many more fps do you get using SLI in 1.5, twice the amount exactly? :)