DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

HomeFries

I am trying to install 1.72 and ran into 2 issues:

When I try to compile 1.72 I get an error message that DCS World.ttm at line 176 could not be found. On the list on the side, DCS World.ttm is listed but in blue. 1.70 ran fine.

For the patch, I am confused on this instruction:

Navigate to the folder where you keep your existing script, then extract the two TMC files to the nested DCS folder (i.e. not the actual DCS World folder). You should be prompted to overwrite two files in the DCS folder under where you keep your scripts. Allow the overwrite. Please clarify.

Update: Ran the script again and now World.ttm does not appear on the left side.

Edited by sobe
update

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

HomeFries

I am trying to install 1.72 and ran into 2 issues:

When I try to compile 1.72 I get an error message that DCS World.ttm at line 176 could not be found. On the list on the side, DCS World.ttm is listed but in blue. 1.70 ran fine.

For the patch, I am confused on this instruction:

Navigate to the folder where you keep your existing script, then extract the two TMC files to the nested DCS folder (i.e. not the actual DCS World folder). You should be prompted to overwrite two files in the DCS folder under where you keep your scripts. Allow the overwrite. Please clarify.

Update: Ran the script again and now World.ttm does not appear on the left side.

Sobe,

You reference line 176, which is the line that calls DCS World.ttm as a library. Go into your DCS folder next to your DCS World.tmc and see if there is a file called DCS World.ttm. By the way, this is also the DCS folder to which I refer in the 1.72a instructions as the nested folder, apologies if i was unclear. Its just that when I say "the DCS folder" people normally think of either Saved Games\DCS or Eagle Dynamics\DCS World.

Anyway, there should be a file called DCS World.ttm in that folder. If it isn't here, you will want to download 1.72 again. Additionally, it's supposed to be blue in the Script Editor; that says that it's not actually code, but rather a macro file.

Hope this helps,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

Homefries

Sorry but I am confused on what you mean by my DCS folder. I have the script in my User/name/appdata/roaming/tm/target/scripts folder. On the left side is DCS world.tmc, wh_lights.tmc, mfd_lights.tmc, util, defines, sys, hid, and target.tmh files. Still get the same error message. This is from a new download with no virus protection.

version 1.68 compiles fine and World.ttm appears on the left.

Edited by sobe
version 1.68

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sobe,

In your roaming/tm/target/scripts folder, you should see DCS World.tmc and DCS_UserSettings.tmm. You should also see the folders Common and DCS. If you don't see these folders, they are missing and must be copied there. Almost all of the code for the script are in files in the DCS folder.

Homefries

USER ERROR!

Sobe

• 2 weeks later...

In 1.72 (i.e. for now), if you have the full FC3 enabled, it doesn't matter what you put for the others. This will change in 2.0 as I will drop the "FC3" selection for aircraft-based selection (at which point you can also select the MiG-29).

Here's a teaser for the 2.0 GUI:

y4mNu9w7g6eTPoujT0mWwJ1dCzmiHGKEbfqcymQu_WkUPfFXgtvw49_ghfatpUZHshYJfWkewwdlgL94f-P3Ira4FHbeu4ZNaSX4O4cpsvqIVwJv0eUqD2unjfmgmQTI7dZHki2iLTzsWzJUJSVx6abv7p7i7zqKHnqQcXkq8kmaMjw0kOKWscsWGPvS2JOgcUL1eGHCaMTYjAszTpcfX9kFg?width=1030&height=796&cropmode=none

2.0 is targeted for sometime in November.

Edited by Home Fries

• 2 weeks later...

Hei folks ;) New to TM Warthog and scripts ;) used all time X52 Pro. But after getting TM there is no way back ;) Day and night ;)

But setup is absolute nightmare ;)

Thats why I want to thank you Home Fries and job what you done is absolutely phenomenal ;) Im surprised your guides and profiles doesn't come mandatory from manufacture and proper way of setup ;)

So most think I almost get worked but there is couple of issues I came up:

For some reason pinky or S3 button don't activate second command.

Is there any specific way to push it or use it?

Also I add all modifiers as it say in manual but which actual buttons is 30,31 and 32? Or there is only 1 button S3 which is like pinky?

Another thing is I dont have for now TH MFD so Im not able to switch profiles.

Is there any way I can switch different profiles buy mapping keyboard commands?

Other way I need to restart game and start stop each time for different profile?

Is there any video to show actual using of that profile in action? And how to use pinky switch?

Also I dint understand about JPG pictures for MFD. Is it just explonation what each button means and extra info pre-printed?

What and how I can use those in case if I'll have actual MFD with actual displays?

Thanks,

Norm

In 1.72 (i.e. for now), if you have the full FC3 enabled, it doesn't matter what you put for the others. This will change in 2.0 as I will drop the "FC3" selection for aircraft-based selection (at which point you can also select the MiG-29).

Here's a teaser for the 2.0 GUI:

y4mNu9w7g6eTPoujT0mWwJ1dCzmiHGKEbfqcymQu_WkUPfFXgtvw49_ghfatpUZHshYJfWkewwdlgL94f-P3Ira4FHbeu4ZNaSX4O4cpsvqIVwJv0eUqD2unjfmgmQTI7dZHki2iLTzsWzJUJSVx6abv7p7i7zqKHnqQcXkq8kmaMjw0kOKWscsWGPvS2JOgcUL1eGHCaMTYjAszTpcfX9kFg?width=1030&height=796&cropmode=none

2.0 is targeted for sometime in November.

What is that soft and where we can get it?

Its soon to be released ;) that pic is only a teaser.

I see. Thanks

Finally I got myu MFD and love them ;)

But for some reason some buttons doesnt work. For example M2000 profile RMFD bottom non of them do anything.

then Navigation setup most of them is ROSB5-15 - cant get them work.

Thats why would be awesome little bit more description.

Thanks

Norm

Thanks, Norm.

You're right that some description is warranted. I'm now so close to the implementation that I lose track of what I have documented and what needs to be documented. Count on an explanation in the 2.0 documentation.

The bottom row of the RMFD is dual function between discrete INS display modes (normal) and the engine start panel (gear down and parking brake on). To use the engine start panel, the profile's landing gear state must be down (i.e. LMFD LED2 on) and the parking brake must be set using the TARGET profile (e.g. APU switch or RCON Up Long).

Not sure about the issues with ROSB5-10 though. these should be straightforward with ROSB5 being TEMPO Short for Dest and Long for Prep.

Maybe this has already benn discussed, but I would like to see the MFD cards in a format I could print out in the correct size without going through TARGET. Possible?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Maybe this has already benn discussed, but I would like to see the MFD cards in a format I could print out in the correct size without going through TARGET. Possible?

Thanks

You can print out the MFD JPEG files scaled at 100% using Windows Photo Viewer (or similar software) and they'll be the right size.

I try to find best and easiest way to have these MFD Layouts on my screen.

I bought 7.99$ value village 17'' monitor and will mount on top of the screen both MFD Cougar devices. So I want to find the way how i can do picture stream input from DCS like LeftMFD top and bottom info + jpg with button information.

Put the problem DCS screen will go over on top of all the other ones and jpg will be at the bottom and invisible.

If you guys have any suggestions please let me know.

Can you also please share RAW files for these MFD JPG layouts - PDF or PSD. So we can work with them and make them more usefull.

Thanks,

Norm

ivnona69

are you looking for something like Helios?

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/gallery.asp

All,

Version 2.0 of this script will include both a GUI to customize your profiles and save your settings, as well as the recently added update feature, which will download the latest files from a server on demand. This release candidate is currently in internal testing (particularly the updater), so the plan is to have the 2.0 release coincide with the profile for the upcoming Harrier module.

Stay tuned!

I have tested this today and I must say WOW its a big leap in userfriendliness and it works flawless sofar. Everyone with problem with Target will rejoice.

Admin make this thread sticky so its easy for everyone to discover. Its at least ten times better than anything els.

Finally I figure out how to get that setup properly working ;) As i mentioned before some functions and half buttons wasnt working.

Typical rookie mistake and try to be smart I follow instructions and pay attention most on Warthog configuration (probably too much excitement) ;) and totally forgot about Keyboard layout.

After installing proper Keyboard layout all works - awesome * love it ;)

For future please mention in manual FIRST page Keyboard profile is Mandatory ;) Or do something similar to checklist and you just mark out what you done ;)

Thanks Norm

Finally I figure out how to get that setup properly working ;) As i mentioned before some functions and half buttons wasnt working.

Typical rookie mistake and try to be smart I follow instructions and pay attention most on Warthog configuration (probably too much excitement) ;) and totally forgot about Keyboard layout.

After installing proper Keyboard layout all works - awesome * love it ;)

For future please mention in manual FIRST page Keyboard profile is Mandatory ;) Or do something similar to checklist and you just mark out what you done ;)

Thanks Norm

Thanks, Norm. That's a great suggestion; I'll put it at the top of the control summary HTML files. Like I said, I'm so close to the problem I can no longer tell what is obvious and what should be explained. I couldn't figure out what your issue was, but the diff.LUA never entered my mind! :doh:

Glad you got it working.

I hate to be that guy, but I have downloaded the zip and the "read me" did not tell me much. Could you please explain the steps required to get this up and running, or redirect me to information. Just got my warthog hotas and this looks amazing. I’m complete noob with target, as I just downloaded it.

Edited by Axxis

Axxis,

Sorry; I've been away for a few days. For setting up everything, I recommend reading the Setup Guide PDF that came with the package. This discusses everything from installing TARGET to setting up your HOTAS and configuring DCS. What it doesn't cover is actually how to use TARGET, so if you need help with running the Script Editor you should see the TARGET manual. The script should be loaded and run from the Script Editor.

Beyond that, I require more detail as to what has you stumped in order to help.

FWIW, version 2.0 will be out within the next few weeks (along with a Harrier profile). There will still be some of the setup requirements you see now, but much of the work within the TARGET profile itself will be driven by a GUI with context sensitive help. This should help flatten the learning curve.