Thrustmaster TFRP First Impression

From CheckSix - done with pre-production model by a simmer guy (Simped user) - as Beta Tester - using DCS, Falcon4 BMS, (IL-2) Battle of Stalingrad, FSX.

http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/TM_TFRP_Flight_Rudder_Pedals/TM_Flight_Rudder_Pedals.html

Link for Google Translator French to English: http://tinyurl.com/hk4mf3c

Pedal width is 31 cm ~12-13⁄64in, distance between pedals is 5,5cm ~2.1" 2-11⁄64in.

About electronics only that are 10 bits (1024 points), no info about sensor - that difficult will other than conventional potentiometers in this price range (despite a contact less sensor DON'T cost more than good quality pot's).

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Those pedals are sooooo close together. I like them to be much wider. Am I the only one?.

Nope. Same here. The designer, who botched that, should be slapped right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Those pedals are sooooo close together. I like them to be much wider. Am I the only one?

But then again, they are about the only ones making pedals for a normal price I think.

NO :)

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

You have to wonder "what the hell they were thinking..." 2.5 inch separation between the pedals?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

So bottom line:

- way too narrow

- no wall spacer

- very light (1.5kg)

So they'll be uncomfortable and slipping all over the place. I'll pass.

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

They should have designed a way to have the minimum separation as the 2.5", but that you can 'unlock' the bottom and separate the pedals along a rod (like the pedals ride on) to widen the separation between them to a maximum of say 10"

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'm willing to bet that like their new HOTAS, these are directed toward the space sim user who may or may not understand the actual dimensions in aircraft bound to the earths atmosphere.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Pre-ordered from Amazon. Currently using a CH rudder pedal that has issues.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Incredibly too narrow. Maybe in a small GA aircraft, but not in anything I'm to fly simulator-wise. I'll take a strong pass on these.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

I got these a few days ago as my first 'real' set rudder pedals. (here) I was using the accelerator and brake pedal from an old steering wheel before so a big upgrade. A few years back I tried the original Saitek Pro rudder pedals but returned them as I disliked the centering and overall movement.

My first impression is good, especially considering the price. I like the travel, smooth and precise. Having your whole foot on the pedal takes some time getting used too. Did try the 'heel-on-floor' method too but found the brakes harder to control this way.

I found the compactness of the complete unit a pro as it takes little space on the floor under my desk. I don't feel the pedals being close together cause any problems as the travel is long enough.

So, with the price of only EUR 100 I consider it a very good buy.

I got these a few days ago as my first 'real' set rudder pedals. (here) I was using the accelerator and brake pedal from an old steering wheel before so a big upgrade. A few years back I tried the original Saitek Pro rudder pedals but returned them as I disliked the centering and overall movement.

My first impression is good, especially considering the price. I like the travel, smooth and precise. Having your whole foot on the pedal takes some time getting used too. Did try the 'heel-on-floor' method too but found the brakes harder to control this way.

I found the compactness of the complete unit a pro as it takes little space on the floor under my desk. I don't feel the pedals being close together cause any problems as the travel is long enough.

So, with the price of only EUR 100 I consider it a very good buy.

Good to hear, mine are scheduled for delivery on May 31st. Up till now I've just been using my stick for rudder control.

As for being too narrow, I don't expect that to bother me. Accelerator/brake/clutch of IRL cars, and the pedal sets for my virtual racing car simulators are close together - not sure why rudder pedals would be that much different. Brake to accelerator pedals of cars are approximately 5-6" apart, clutch to accelerator approx. 9-10".

The price is right for me, I'm not a dedicated flight simmer as life is too busy for me to invest mega hours into gaming. But when I do find the time, proper controls (relatively inexpensive) are a big help.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got mine today.. and as long as you don't have pitting edema in you lower legs and or you are not 300+ pounds, I wouldn't see how anyone couldn't use these pedals.

My nuts nice'n cool after use... so don't knock it until you try it!...

ME, I am going to save that 600$ for a Servo direct drive racing wheel!... or OSW as most will call it!....