Rough Helios Gazelle profile and HowTo make Helios profile for any DCS plane

Hello everyone,

I am not an Artist like Capt Zeen, so I could only made a rough Helios profile for the Gazelle. But it works and it is available now… My need is to have just a mirror of main gauges in order to fly in wide FOV and be able to read them, so I did not make any switch or button working in the profile and there is no radio, nadir,… panels.

But you can now do them yourself, because I also include a “howto” document explaining how to use DCS with Helios for any DCS plane by using the BS or A10C existing interface !

So please feel free to take any part of my work in order to make a better profile for the gazelle or any other plane.

The profile and the tutorial are available here

gazelle.thumb.jpg.87237e5fd3fc73604267f077f205a1b3.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your first attempt - well done. I'm downloading your 'how to' guide and very much looking forwarding to reading it - thanks for sharing

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I read your guide!

Great job! congratulations !

Hello everyone,

I am not an Artist like Capt Zeen, so I could only made a rough Helios profile for the Gazelle. But it works and it is available now… My need is to have just a mirror of main gauges in order to fly in wide FOV and be able to read them, so I did not make any switch or button working in the profile and there is no radio, nadir,… panels.

But you can now do them yourself, because I also include a “howto” document explaining how to use DCS with Helios for any DCS plane by using the BS or A10C existing interface !

So please feel free to take any part of my work in order to make a better profile for the gazelle or any other plane.

This is an excellent piece of work and will be of value to many newcomers to Helios. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I read your guide!

I am proud to be congratulated by you !

Maybe the "output" part of the howto may help you to avoid doing multiple versions of profile for different keyboard language ?

Do you plan to buy the Gazelle (and so make a high quality profile for her)?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Huge thankyou for this mate. Those gauges work a treat. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks lefuneste01,

your guide is very useful, specially for me : I have no expertise in coding and I desperately try to use helios with the M2000.

Your guide teach me a lot of things !

But regarding the M2000, I did not find any mainpanel.ini file in the M2000's mods folder. Have you already tried this aircraft with helios ?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I am a total noob in programming...

Edit : actually, there is a mainpanel_init.lua file but it does not contain any interesting information...

Edited by Chafer

Dome display

I7 6700k (HT deactivated), 16go drr4, GTX 1080 TI, SSD, 4*1080 display @50hz (resolution 7680*1080), warping software

• 4 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I read your guide!

Once I import the export Lua file from the gazelle, will I lose the ability to use CPT Zeen's profiles?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit : actually, there is a mainpanel_init.lua file but it does not contain any interesting information...

So I can not help: I do not have the M2k and do not know how to find informations if they are not as written in the tutorial...

I inputs the Lua file, and all the gauges work but for some reason non of the switches work. Not sure what the problem is. Also, I'm unable to flip any of the autopilot switches on the actual virtual cockpit. As soon as I disabled the profile, everything worked. Any tips? Thanks, so far I believe your the only one who has made a profile for the gazelle. Phenomenal job btw!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for some reason non of the switches work.

lefuneste01 wrote in the first post that the switches we're non working.

You can use the profile editor and add switches if you want them to work. Then just use the keyboard interface to add the default keystrokes to the switch.

FYI-- For those who use this profile, and would like to use it with the new SA342L version of the gazelle, open the export.lua with Notepad++, scroll down to line # 3410 and change the line to read the following...

Original line:

3410 elseif gCurrentAircraft == "SA342M" then

Change to:

3410 elseif gCurrentAircraft == "SA342M" or gCurrentAircraft == "SA342L" then

Edited by DeJohn

lefuneste01 wrote in the first post that the switches we're non working.

You can use the profile editor and add switches if you want them to work. Then just use the keyboard interface to add the default keystrokes to the switch.

Or use the BS or DCS A10C input interface as written in the tutorial in order to use command that does (not yet ?) have keyboard mapping.

• 3 years later...

@lefuneste01

the link you provided to the profile and tutorial doesn't appear to be working any more... I have lost the original download... can you provide another link please?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 3 years later...

Hi people! The link to the documentation from the theme author does not work. Can anyone share this?

В 16.01.2020 в 04:44, slicker55 сказал:

@lefuneste01

the link you provided to the profile and tutorial doesn't appear to be working any more... I have lost the original download... can you provide another link please?

Hello! Didn't find this link? If you found it, can you share it with me? Thank you!

В 22.05.2016 в 14:02, lefuneste01 сказал:

Hello everyone,

gazelle.thumb.jpg.87237e5fd3fc73604267f077f205a1b3.jpg

Hello. Please re-upload this file - it won't download from the link. Thank you!

The documentation : https://www.mediafire.com/file/s1gmwn7nxsyo7l8/howToHelios.pdf/file

My archive of my old Helios installation, I had a llok it seems all things are here for the gazelle : https://www.mediafire.com/file/bg1uti47pvsmqkm/Helios.7z/file

• Like 1