Typhoon vs. FC3 fighters and F-18C

I'd like to start a discussion on how the Typhoon will perform, in DCS, against our current FC3 fighters and the coming F-18C in A-A since I have little knowledge on this subject. :music_whistling:

Will the Typhoon just eat the others for lunch due to its newer and primarily A-A focused design?

What are the Typhoon's advantages in A-A?

What advantages do the other planes have against the Typhoon?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffy eats the others for breakfest dude ;)

The only thing is that fighter is completly clasified so I don't realy understand how they going to bring it up to DCS World?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Which tranche are they modeling for the Typhoon?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The simplified avionics of the FC3 aircraft could be an advantage, so I think it could end up evenly matched. Typhoon pilots are going to have a heavier workload to process because it's a DCS module rather than FC3.

The Typhoon is more automated than the FC3 planes. I don't know if it's all versions, but it can plan its own intercept route, as in perform an attack run while the pilot takes a nap. Even if not, it's likely that flying and fighting was made as straight forward as possible. If your HOTAS has enough buttons the workload probably won't be anymore than FC3 planes, but the information from sensors will probably be much more.

Performance wise the Typhoon should be the fastest accelerating plane and have the highest combat speeds. Maneuverability will be high, probably higher than anything else over Mach .9. It will also have the longest missile range besides the F-14. In all likelihood it will be the best fighter.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

When airborne I guess the higher fidelity will provide more advantages than disadvantages, in pretty much the same way the DCS A-10C is vastly superior to the FC3 A-10A, (maybe even if you don't use the TGP).

But of course the FC3 planes can respawn, fly to the area and get killed in half the time the cold start for the Typhoon takes, so that might be an advantage. :D

And of course the experienced FC3 pilots will destroy the noob Typhoon guys that don't understand their jet yet.

At least that's how I expect it to be.

Hmm, I see many Typhoon's in the future of multiplayer. People will flock to best fighter available. ;)

We better start learning how to kill the average DCS Typhoon pilot. I think it's a cool plane, but I think I'll be flying the F-18, F-14, and M2000 more.

I will more fly the rafale!!

But typhoon will eat every FC3 pilots , maybe if u surprise him you'll get a chance.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

By the time Typhoon will be out I'll worry more about human manned SAM systems...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The simplified avionics of the FC3 aircraft could be an advantage, so I think it could end up evenly matched. Typhoon pilots are going to have a heavier workload to process because it's a DCS module rather than FC3.

FC level aircraft simulate A2A combat pilot workload pretty well actually, after all it's an Air Combat Simulator. Dependent on which version of radar is simulated some of the missing radar features, if any, can only aid workload/combat.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't think workload will be an issue. Starting it up will take longer, but once everything is running I doubt it will be much different from any of the FC3 planes. Even if the workload is a little higher, players will quickly get used to it. The performance of the plane does concern me though. The Typhoon will likely absolutely outclass our 1980's Su-27S and MiG-29's. It's logical opponents are the Su-35S, MiG-31BM, J-10 and JF-17, none of which are currently even planned for DCS as far as I know.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

It will end up being a NATOfest, Typhoon vs Typhoon vs Hornet ect..

I think SU-27 and F-15 can still be viable though, just gotta play it right. I wouldn't go as far as saying it would be like the Mig-21 vs F-15 is in the game now, gotta remember F-15 and SU-27 even if they are old are still capable fighters. Use the terrain/mountains to your advantage, along with some good tactics.. Without the mountains.. Then I'm not so sure :P

Edited by VikingTsunami

I think you will have more options what to do and how to do it. That is a big PLUS.

And all the other stuff is just training. Once you know how this machine works and you are able to handle the systems then you will be a killer in FC 3! No doubt in my mind.

It will end up being a NATOfest, Typhoon vs Typhoon vs Hornet ect..

I think SU-27 and F-15 can still be viable though, just gotta play it right. I wouldn't go as far as saying it would be like the Mig-21 vs F-15 is in the game now, gotta remember F-15 and SU-27 even if they are old are still capable fighters. Use the terrain/mountains to your advantage, along with some good tactics.. Without the mountains.. Then I'm not so sure :P

I'm thinking the SU-27 and Mig-29 will actually be better for tackling the Typhoon than the F-15. The F-15 is more about BVR, which the Typhoon is going to own it in I'm guessing. Whereas the Russian planes could lure it into closer range and use ET's and R-73.

Unless the Typhoon has IR launch warning, does it?

Edited by Ultra
Unless the Typhoon has IR launch warning, does it?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Great video, but I couldn't tell if it answered my question. It talks a lot about radar threats, and it says 360 degree missile warner and auto flare dispenser, but it didn't specifically mention IR threats. :huh:

Edited by Ultra

360 degree missile approach warner is the point. MAWS is MAWS, it doesn't matter what guidance type an approaching missile is using.

Now wether the VEAO Typhoon will have MAWS, or other DASS features, modelled is another matter.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL