Eye Candy 2014

for the pilot, does the avionics works the same way as US planes?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even slightly.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yeah, VTAS will be interesting. I suppose a workaround would be to just add provison for the functions with keycommands that people can map themselves and control with one of the already available voice command programs.

Honestly, my conern at the moment are the number of things fundemental to Typhoon systems that simply aren't simulated in DCS at all. If DCS itself doesn't support things like towed decoys, multiple flare types, and proper ECM amogst others, you guys are going to find it hard to model the Typhoon accurately no matter how much data you get.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Not even slightly.

No where near it lol

Why do i suddenly feel intimidated??? :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Why do i suddenly feel intimidated??? :D

I think the weirdest thing for people, at least veteran simmers, will be not having an "RWR". And a 100% glass cockpit of course.

Start up is a bit easier though, especially for a scramble. Battery gangbar, avionics gangbar, APU on, both throttles forward, and go.

Spoiler

I think the weirdest thing for people, at least veteran simmers, will be not having an "RWR". And a 100% glass cockpit of course.

Well, if it even remotely mirrors the DASS Situation display from 90ies DID "EF2000", I think I get used to it quickly!

RED still means "Bad guy", right?:D

Eurofighter_DASS_MAW.jpg

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well, if it even remotely mirrors the DASS Situation display from 90ies DID "EF2000", I think I get used to it quickly! :D

I don't actually remember how EF2000 did it, t'was a long time ago.

But yeah you've got the DASS format, but infomation is displayed on other displays as well so even wihtout the DASS page displayed you've still got the info. One big difference would be classification of threats, with the aircraft actually classifying friendly/hostile/unkown and being able to give range as well as azimuth, as well as automatically employing ECM/Towed decoy and/or chaff/flare.

The other big thing of course is an active missile approach warning system that not only knows a missile is there, but also if it's heading for your aircraft, and the time to impact.

So I suppose it's kind of similar to "game" mode. :D

Spoiler

Just seen the pic. Yep that's the one.

Now, 100 points to the first one to guess what all that stuff actually means. ;)

Spoiler

Just seen the pic. Yep that's the one.

Now, 100 points to the first one to guess what all that stuff actually means. ;)

You mean range rings in 40nm resolution, max radar angle, arrows to priorize targets for missiles with tracking mode, red arrow seems to indicate bandit on its way to your six o'clock and "msl"... best guess is bandit has a lock on? :music_whistling:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You mean range rings in 40nm resolution, max radar angle, arrows to priorize targets for missiles with tracking mode, red arrow seems to indicate bandit on its way to your six o'clock and "msl"... best guess is bandit has a lock on? :music_whistling:

2 out of 5. ;)

Spoiler

:cry: *sic*

Shagrat

don't know but I guess a lot of airline pilots would want that airspeed :)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Eurofighter seems to be kinda different plane compared to US fighters. Anyone know if the mfd-pages (map, weapon, profile...) work same way as on US fighter? And what about DATA-link between planes, is it (in theory) possible to send data in the future from Hornet to Eurofighter?

The 'MFD' pages, and the avionics as a whole are quite different to the teen series US fighters. Typhoon avionics are pretty much gen 5 I'm their form and function, so have more common with the Raptor than the F-16, for example. It's still a western fighter though, so all in knots, feet, and nautical miles. And there is a flight path marker on the HUD etc. So not exactly alien.

As for datalink, Typhoon uses MIDS. Which is a modern link-16 system and the same as the Eagle and Hornet. So in terms of realism, yes it could potentially share info with ED's Hornet, if they model a current block with MIDS. But as to if it'll work in DCS that would be down to ED making some kind of datalink API that the 3rd party devs can use to make datalink functionality shareable between modules.

Spoiler

As for datalink, Typhoon uses MIDS. Which is a modern link-16 system and the same as the Eagle and Hornet. So in terms of realism, yes it could potentially share info with ED's Hornet, if they model a current block with MIDS. But as to if it'll work in DCS that would be down to ED making some kind of datalink API that the 3rd party devs can use to make datalink functionality shareable between modules.

Or we write our own one and share it with ED and the other 3rd party devs :thumbup:

I doubt it, there are no T1s left, they've all been upgraded to T3s. :D

Spoiler

I dont see why it couldn't happen. It's pretty much what you all at VEAO & ED can agree to...right?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I was talking about the Red Arrows Typhoon pics I posted, but in terms of the previous discussion the sim will allow us to do whatever we code for it, it's just making the code and sharing it and all agreeing on using it.

Ohhhh thanks for clarifying. I guess I'm the one needing more sleep now...:pilotfly:

EDIT: Well I'll be darned. I just became a senior member. (1000 post)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional