DCS Bf 109K-4

There are few guys really knowledgeable as far as WW2 aircraft go. It would be great if they came forward with such initiative, at the same time choosing their preferred method to do this. Or am I babbling here and there are already such resource sets for Il-2 cod for example?

PS. Forums are bad at amassing accessible information :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I was flying tonight online and I landed my Kurfurst really perfect. I just wanted to check how my prop pitch works in manual so I flicked the switch to manual control and I started decreasing the pitch, until I reached about 0230 position (almost fully coarse) and the plane suddenly exploded !!!! is that a bug ?

I tried doing it again and that second time the engine stopped instead.

Another thing I would like to ask you guys:

Is it really possible in the BF-109 to change the pitch of the prop while the engine is stopped ?

When I changed it to fully coarse with engine stopped I could actually see the prop going in full feather, but my friend who's flying with me online was seeing my prop fully fine pitch instead ...

Where can I report these bugs ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

dont know if someone posted it before, but has anyone noticed, that the EDM files for R4M and WGr21 are already included in the corefiles (DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\Shapes) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Great read.

"The elevator trimm is set to "+1", to prevent the AC to pitch up."

Interesting comment ... very different to what we see in the DCS BF109 where even with full forward stab trim it Leaps into the air ......accepted its a K versus G in the report.

dont know if someone posted it before, but has anyone noticed, that the EDM files for R4M and WGr21 are already included in the corefiles (DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\Shapes) ?

They've been here for a while (note that these files are dated august 2014) because of planned implementation in the Dora. Don't know when we're going to be able to use them, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Great read.

"The elevator trimm is set to "+1", to prevent the AC to pitch up."

Interesting comment ... very different to what we see in the DCS BF109 where even with full forward stab trim it Leaps into the air ......accepted its a K versus G in the report.

I had been wondering if this was just me or not. The K-4 really wants to pitch up all the time.

• 1 month later...

First time with DCS, I am really having fun learning to fly the BF109 K4 and it has been a challenge.

First tasks were taxi, takeoffs, and landing.

Then crosswind landings, and now I'm setting up dogfights with the AI.

All the effort well worth it and its obvious to me this is the best simulator.

Does anyone know when the full version with campaign will be finished?

Or can anyone provide an estimate.

Thank you

****** Update: 4/5 *******

Thank you for adding the campaign to the beta, its great!

Edited by lasergat
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do the brakes overheat easier post-patch?

In the new campaign, start and taxi I can't keep it on the apron. However, I have zero trouble doing it in the quick mission starting with engine off.

Does it have to do with turning left vs right and torque forces?

Been trying all night in the campaign start and taxi. Keeping it off the grass is very very difficult and there seems to be more room. Brakes seem unresponsive as well (left and right).

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had this issue with the latest patch?

My auto radiator setting no longer does anything. I know the tags on the settings may not be correct and I am very familiar with this aircraft, so I know I have the settings correct. I have flown this plane for months with no problems and then after the latest patch you can clearly see the auto setting close the radiator and then stay there no matter what else I do. I have had to start flying and manually controlling the radiator to get it to function at all. This is driving me crazy because it use to work and then a patch seems to have broken it.

i saw that the engine overheats pretty fast if you climb steep and get very slow and dont throttle back(below1.8ata) but that seem logical to me.:smartass:

despite that everything is working fine - means the engine doesnt overheat and therefore i assume that the radiator is working. :D

but i didnt check in singleplayer and outsideview, so i really dunno.

does your engine overheat and break ? - if not it may be that it is only a graphic issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Although DCSW is compliant with tradition of updates introducing new bugs along new fixes, this doesn't seem to be the case here. Just did a short test flight with extensive run-up on the ground and all radiator modes were functioning as intended, both with operation and related animations inside and outside.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I really don't like the 190, it's the only DCS module I don't love. But despite my reservations I just picked this one up. I've long been a fan of the aircraft so I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
I really don't like the 190, it's the only DCS module I don't love. But despite my reservations I just picked this one up. I've long been a fan of the aircraft so I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.

I'm the opposite :)

The Fw190 D9 is indeed my preferred ww2 module in DCS, with 2nd being the p51d, really close to it, and 3rd, but distant, the K4 - I really don't like the feel of the K4 as it feels right now...

But in the D9 I still do miss some stiffening of the controls, with increasing values of q

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• 2 months later...

Didn't know where to post it, as all threads about rudder are closed now... I was looking for data about rudder authority and thought lets see how they look together. So, a quick comparisson of 109 and P-51 rudders :P Its not K4 so add few centimeters more. But the difference in how big they are is just astonishing :P

8673_rudder-sep42-2.jpg

p-51d_07_of_25.jpg

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Didn't know where to post it, as all threads about rudder are closed now... I was looking for data about rudder authority and thought lets see how they look together. So, a quick comparisson of 109 and P-51 rudders :P Its not K4 so add few centimeters more. But the difference in how big they are is just astonishing :P

8673_rudder-sep42-2.jpg

p-51d_07_of_25.jpg

The size difference tells you nothing about the effectiveness of the control surface.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

The size difference tells you nothing about the effectiveness of the control surface.

Surely size does matter though, as we have so many constructions and different designs, so one must be more efficient than the other. Otherwise we could have microscopic rudders and get the same results:P

Also, I didn't say it proves anything. Try not to venture into the land of overinterpretation.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

• 3 weeks later...

8673_rudder-sep42-2.jpg

p-51d_07_of_25.jpg

1. The pictures are not good for a comparison, because the P51 rudder has no person direct infront. The Person behind and the view angel let the rudder look like much bigger in comparison to the 109 rudder.

2. not only the hight of the rudder matters, even how deep and the possible angle the rudder can move.

A not so deep but very high rudder must be not the better one!

It will give you more stability during the level flight, but could make you less agil during turn fight... ;-)

3. Why do people seem to think the germans couldn't do good things? Without the germans most of the high tech things the russians and the americans have would be not here today (man on the moon... hmm?!).

But anyway, the picture shows a wrong "picture" if you try a comparison!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

The size of a rudder is not usable data when it comes to aircraft performance comparison. There are loads of other factors, starting with the profile of the fuselage. Check out the depth of the Mustang fuselage in comparison with the 109. Also, the total fin area, the weight of the aircraft. And that is just the beginning. Total weight, torque, wing dihedral, etc etc etc.

Frankly you might as well be comparing car performance based on the diameter of the exhaust pipes!