MiG-21 at Duxford Air Show May 2014

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only duxford show was at September.. I have a conference in edinburgh around september so maybe some scotsmen could nominate museums to visit?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If only duxford show was at September.. I have a conference in edinburgh around september so maybe some scotsmen could nominate museums to visit?

The Duxford Air Show is on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Don't know if this is the right place for this..but with the announcement of the mig 21 being available to the public does that mean it will be available to download around the same time?

Not quite. Promo copies will be going out to previewers / livestreamers / etc. around the same time though!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Maybe a little earlier for backers?

I doubt it.

The transition from "beczl Studio" to "Leatherneck Simulations", and all that it entailed, appears to have seriously diminished the value of the backers to this project. Backers went from providing the funds to keep the project alive to a financial burden to be paid off by the remaining team.

It's really a shame since they were the ones willing to actually bet money on the module.

...in my opinion anyway.:(

Maybe a little earlier for backers?

Possibly! No promises.

I doubt it.

The transition from "beczl Studio" to "Leatherneck Simulations", and all that it entailed, appears to have seriously diminished the value of the backers to this project. Backers went from providing the funds to keep the project alive to a financial burden to be paid off by the remaining team.

It's really a shame since they were the ones willing to actually bet money on the module.

...in my opinion anyway.

You have to look at this from our point of view.

If the aircraft is ready for release to backers; it's ready for release to everyone.

We are a business, we require revenue.

Not only have been strung ourselves out financially over years in order to build the MiG-21, but we now are going to take a loss of over $10'000 in order to cover the backer rewards.

Do we appreciate the good-will of the community and the backers who pledged their money in 2012?

You betcha, but there is not really much more that can be done or said.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

If the aircraft is ready for release to backers; it's ready for release to everyone.

This. Of course I don't hold anything against those who pledged money way back, I'd have myself if I'd been playing DCS back then too. But considering how the money vanished, but most importantly, only the latest delays, I'd honestly feel rather insulted. If everything had been on time, or even relatively on time speaking of DCS modules it'd have been one thing, but now with no specific date I can't see how one could call "early access for pledgers" anything else than an extra delay for non-pledgers.

It's also not in beta stage either. From my POV, all I can say is this: I've pledged enough for DCS WW2 for beta access and every single plane. But I would not want, or even approve of keeping people who didn't pledge out from even one of those planes the moment it leaves beta stage simply because I pledged some money way back in the early planning stage of DCS WW2.

That's my 2 cents.

Not only have been strung ourselves out financially over years in order to build the MiG-21, but we now are going to take a loss of over $10'000 in order to cover the backer rewards.

it's be less than that... I for one will buy it again... and I am sure there will be others that will do the same :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

I don't want to go too deep on this...

1. it's the wrong thread/place.

2. you're a dev that actually talks to us (like VEAO) and I don't want to piss you guys off.

3. my gut tells me you were key to saving the project

...but you just said before promo copies were going out to previewers / streamers etc. , then down here you say if it's ready for release to backers, it's ready for everyone.?.?. I'm sure backers wouldn't mind having a whack at the promo. You're going to be giving them a copy anyway.

As for the money side, I feel badly for the hit you guys will take for honoring the Indiagogo pledges. But didn't the loss of those funds function as a buyout for one of the partners? Doesn't one less partner mean more money for each remaining team member after sales begin? I have no idea how many copies LS would need to sell for it to net out, but it's not a totally lose-lose situation is it?

Anyway, my thanks to you and the team. I'm looking forward to flying the 21, and to an announcement of your future projects. :thumbup:

You have to look at this from our point of view.

We are a business, we require revenue.

Do we appreciate the good-will of the community and the backers who pledged their money in 2012?

You betcha, but there is not really much more that can be done or said.

A promo is hardly ready for release. It's an alpha version. Not a release candidate.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

I don't want to go too deep on this...

1. it's the wrong thread/place.

2. you're a dev that actually talks to us (like VEAO) and I don't want to piss you guys off.

3. my gut tells me you were key to saving the project

...but you just said before promo copies were going out to previewers / streamers etc. , then down here you say if it's ready for release to backers, it's ready for everyone.?.?. I'm sure backers wouldn't mind having a whack at the promo. You're going to be giving them a copy anyway.

As for the money side, I feel badly for the hit you guys will take for honoring the Indiagogo pledges. But didn't the loss of those funds function as a buyout for one of the partners? Doesn't one less partner mean more money for each remaining team member after sales begin? I have no idea how many copies LS would need to sell for it to net out, but it's not a totally lose-lose situation is it?

Anyway, my thanks to you and the team. I'm looking forward to flying the 21, and to an announcement of your future projects. :thumbup:

Rudel beat me to it; but yes, the promo release is limited for a reason. The aircraft will still have some unfinished components and won't be quite suitable for a general release.

There are more reasons that that which we can't really speak openly about.

And yes -- there has been a bit of a derailment; this is more suitably discussed in our subsection. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Hi Guys,

We at VEAO wholeheartedly support the Leatherneck team in their endeavours to bring the Mig 21 to its public release, the troubles they have endured on the way to this cant be under estimated.

They like us have had stumbling blocks on the way some of which we can talk about and some of which we cant. Sadly that's just how it is with software development.

What I can tell you is that both VEAO and Leatherneck want you guys flying our products as much if not more than you want to be flying them I can promise you that!

Yes we will have Mig 21 to show at Duxford but this is no different to when we showed the Hawk there last year, its a chance for people to come and have a look at the excellent work that Leatherneck have done and give people a renewed passion for the project (as if they need it!)

I hope that as many people as possible come and see us at Duxford in a couple of weeks time and that I get to meet as many of you as I can so that you can see what a polished product the Mig is.

Dont worry before long* I expect there to be many threads with screenies of both the Hawk and the Mig on the Virtual Aerobatics server ;)

Pman

*Dont ask me to give you a date, you know I cant do that :p

Hello,

For the lucky guys who go to Duxford, is it possible to have few videos of DCS stand and why not the MIG-21 and Hawk ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

Tour of the Duxford floor, don't limit it to just the DCS Stuff... I cant afford to fly out to the UK... so a Video tour is the next best thing.. lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Video tour... sounds like a cool idea... just dont let Pman do it, I dont want to watch hours of him eating Nando's chicken :)

hahahha

If im not doing the video you will only see me in it, prob under a Mustang or Spitfire with a bib and 5 kilos of cooked chicken :pilotfly: