Resetting ammo counter for gun in training mode?

key_stroked

How do I reset the ammo counter back from zero while in training mode for the 30mm?

Once it reaches 0, I can't find any way to get it back to full capacity.

I already tried going through IFFCC in test mode > weapons > and resetting the ammo counter but it doesn't change it in training mode.

Looked through the manual...no joy. Help?

Have you tried performing a new weapons load? There isn't an OSB for it, so you have to hold an OSB down (such as stats) then choose Load, then that OSB to replace it with Load. Then select Load OSB and Load All. It won't affect NAV.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

What is your goal? Do you want to rearm the plane? Use LAlt-' with the canopy open.

If you want continuous ammo you could set the Mission Option for Unlimited Munitions. You can also load training rounds that come with tracers.

Hi SH, yep, he has to Load after a reload. I choose Load DSMS instead of Load All in that case.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Have you tried performing a new weapons load? There isn't an OSB for it, so you have to hold an OSB down (such as stats) then choose Load, then that OSB to replace it with Load. Then select Load OSB and Load All. It won't affect NAV.

Doesn't work.

What is your goal? Do you want to rearm the plane? Use LAlt-' with the canopy open.

If you want continuous ammo you could set the Mission Option for Unlimited Munitions. You can also load training rounds that come with tracers.

Hi SH, yep, he has to Load after a reload. I choose Load DSMS instead of Load All in that case.

WC

Are you familiar with the training mode of Master Arm?

In training mode, your ammo counter for the gun appears blue, showing 1150 CM in the DSMS MFD page. If I arm the gun, I can "fire" the cannon in practice with a 'W' appearing in the HUD and the ammo counter goes down as the imaginary rounds are expended.

Once it reaches 0, I can't reset it. Taking Master Arm out of training mode shows 1150 real rounds, but when I go back to Train it shows 0 because I simulated using them all.

I have tried the following to reset it with no results:

- cycling the CICU switch

- putting IFFCC in Test mode, and choosing Weapons > 30mm CM > RNDS RESET in the HUD

- pressing LOAD ALL in the DTS UPLOAD MFD screen

None of these reset the ammo counter in TRAIN mode.

How do I do this?

Resetting the counter via the IFFCC weapons menu should work. If it doesn't then it likely a bug/unmodelled feature. Training mode is a highly underused, and therefore rather untested feature I feel.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Cycle the MASTER switch to SAFE then back to TRAIN. The round count should return to 1150 with blue reverse highlighting.

If that doesn't work, then it's modeled incorrectly in DCS.

This doesn't work either.

Can anyone else confirm that none of these options work?

I found the UFC menu under WEAPONS > 30MM > ROUNDS RESET....!!

I did this and got a new 1150 count, but....!!!! after hitting STORE to exit and then exit out of the rest of the menus I see 0 in my HUD and DSMS...

Is this supposed to work or not ??? anyone else have success..?

now I'm a bit confused... sorry for the limited understanding but... why are we talking about training rounds vs REAL rounds. Is there a diff in the DCS A10? I've always thought I was shooting real rounds at the targets, just like dropping a bomb, once it's gone, it's gone...... how do you reload in mid air?

If I take off in a REAL A10 I have a given number of BULLETS loaded in that big drum... when I shoot all of them at a target and I run out is that not the end of it???? I know this is just a game (I think of it more as what it really is, a very complex SIM) so with all the purists out there I should think the issue of reloading in mid air would be nonsense.

Am I missing a point here in my understanding of how this SIM work?

now I'm a bit confused... sorry for the limited understanding but... why are we talking about training rounds vs REAL rounds. Is there a diff in the DCS A10? I've always thought I was shooting real rounds at the targets, just like dropping a bomb, once it's gone, it's gone...... how do you reload in mid air?

If I take off in a REAL A10 I have a given number of BULLETS loaded in that big drum... when I shoot all of them at a target and I run out is that not the end of it???? I know this is just a game (I think of it more as what it really is, a very complex SIM) so with all the purists out there I should think the issue of reloading in mid air would be nonsense.

Am I missing a point here in my understanding of how this SIM work?

They are not talking about neither combat nor training rounds. They are talking about simulated round in the training mode. So, no round are leaving the aircraft within DCS, just all the simology is there including the round counters. When you fire in training mode, the gun does not fire. It is a way in the RL aircraft for pilots to train using the gun without firing any rounds ( combat nor training rounds) The same can be done for bombs in training mode. TGM are a bit different because they work about the same in training mode or arm (normal combat mode)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So is this the TRAIN mode on the MASTER ARM sw below left MCFD?

If I put MA and Laser to TRAIN my guns don't work period...

I've always put the switches MA UP and GUN/PAC ARM UP... and my gun fires.

Now that I've put the MA in TRAIN MODE and back to MASTER ARM full up, when I fire the gun it flips back to the full down position GUNARM?? never saw it do that before??

We're not taking about GAME vs SIM mode in the settings when they are talking about TRAINING ABOVE ARE THEY? I've never found how to get into training mode?

The manual will help you more than I can

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Page 107

TRAIN position (Down). Places the weapon and control systems in training

mode, indicated by blue symbology in the DSMS.

Page 282

It also allows you to create “virtual” payloads in training mode.

etc.

To whom it may concern,

So is this the TRAIN mode on the MASTER ARM sw below left MCFD?

If I put MA and Laser to TRAIN my guns don't work period...

I've always put the switches MA UP and GUN/PAC ARM UP... and my gun fires.

Now that I've put the MA in TRAIN MODE and back to MASTER ARM full up, when I fire the gun it flips back to the full down position GUNARM?? never saw it do that before??

We're not taking about GAME vs SIM mode in the settings when they are talking about TRAINING ABOVE ARE THEY? I've never found how to get into training mode?

Yeah, read the manual.

It's been explained thoroughly here already. If you're still not getting it the manual might clear things up.

Doesn't work.

Are you familiar with the training mode of Master Arm?

Ahh, you mean Training Mode! No.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.