MoreVisibility

morevisibility help you to see city and detail farther thant before, but i don't know if it can help you in a low and slow fly

so... try it ! :p

Got it. Thanks Harke

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

With the last patch I've seen some ordnance missing textures, i.e orange bombs and missiles. see screenshot.

removing this mod fixed it...

what went wrong??

I believe that mod includes an outdated graphics.lua file, 1.2.12 has new entries for those and other textures.

We need to wait for Harke to update the mod..

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

I've had a stab at fixing for you guys, try using the attached graphics.lua below.

bump :pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I've had a stab at fixing for you guys, try using the attached graphics.lua below.

Mustang I think that this file should be alongside the main files in the first post: after the latest update i encountered the same graphic issue and your file surely fixes it.

thanks for the fix mate:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Ive never used this particular mod before, but I just downloaded the latest version, put the file in my mods folder, opened up Generic Mod Enabler, moved the "More_Visibility V131" from the left pane to the right (as usual), but I do not have additional viability options other than the default ones?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ive never used this particular mod before, but I just downloaded the latest version, put the file in my mods folder, opened up Generic Mod Enabler, moved the "More_Visibility V131" from the left pane to the right (as usual), but I do not have additional viability options other than the default ones?

you need the new lua from mustangs post look in this for the link http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2250731&postcount=80

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks, I had the impression initially after reading both threads that it was incorporated in the hot fix here? I obviously mid interpreted what I read, thanks for the help.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

So I wanted to use this mod (or one like it) WAAAYYY back in A-10C Beta days, but my PC took a big sh!t all over me for it.

Looks great now. One thing though - It seems like the trees that are part of a city/town load at full extreme distance, but independent forests seem to disappear MUCH closer to me.

Any idea how to fix that? My PC can handle pretty much anything I want to throw at it, and it's kinda immersion breaking to watch a forest fade from view a few clicks out the window to the side as I fly by it.

Just taking a quick look inside the extreme.lua, I note this -

treesFarDistance = 100000.0; --1500.0

treesFarFullBlendRenderDistance = 80000.0; --1200.0

treesFarFullRenderDistance = 80000.0; --1000.0

Don't really understand enough about coding to know if I'm on to the right trail here though.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance.

So I wanted to use this mod (or one like it) WAAAYYY back in A-10C Beta days, but my PC took a big sh!t all over me for it.

Looks great now. One thing though - It seems like the trees that are part of a city/town load at full extreme distance, but independent forests seem to disappear MUCH closer to me.

Any idea how to fix that? My PC can handle pretty much anything I want to throw at it, and it's kinda immersion breaking to watch a forest fade from view a few clicks out the window to the side as I fly by it.

Just taking a quick look inside the extreme.lua, I note this -

treesFarDistance = 100000.0; --1500.0

treesFarFullBlendRenderDistance = 80000.0; --1200.0

treesFarFullRenderDistance = 80000.0; --1000.0

Don't really understand enough about coding to know if I'm on to the right trail here though.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance.

You need to edit Options.lua in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config folder, open with Notepad++ and change ["treesVisibility"] value to whatever you prefer - be aware that this can hit FPS pretty badly, 30000 is a good maximum.

Perfect, thanks. :)

Um... what value should I be mirroring if I want it to be the same as city draw distances?

townFarDistance is set at 60000. Would that be the number I'm looking to match?

Edit* Sorry, missed the last part of your post there. A little hung over from NYE. I'll start with 30k and see how that looks and tweak from there.

Edited by Blackthorne

• 1 month later...

I had a problem with this mod with MiG-15bis.

Please see this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139695 .

Is it ok after the v1.4 update?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I had a problem with this mod with MiG-15bis.

Please see this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139695 .

Is it ok after the v1.4 update?

Yoyo, this is a problem that arises if you update to a new version without disabling the view distance mod.

The game ist still looking for the long distance view settings, but they are gone since the game is updated, and that's why you're seeing this glitch.

You need to reinstall the mod after the update. If you don't already, use JSGME to keep your mods organised.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I can confirm. Works ok now - update plus set up settings again and aply. No problems.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 3 weeks later...
no update needed, 1.2.16 work fine with v1.4

Just I missed settings for sure with the new build. I will reinstall this "must have" mod.

Checked - is ok with 1.2.16.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the effort put into this I love it :)...

I tend to fly the P51 in Shahdoh's racing series and we often fly far away from towns.

Is there a way to get the trees that are part of the regular "non-city" mountain terrain to draw much further out?

I've edited the lines -

treesFarDistance = 220.0; --1500

treesFarFullBlendRenderDistance = 180.0; --1200

treesFarFullRenderDistance = 150.0; --1000

treeslodDistance = 90.0; --600

and set the distances to at least 10x what they are here but it seems to have no effect at all...

If you take a look at these two shots you can see that the tree visibility ends very close in cockpit and a bit further out in chase view...

ULobbU1.jpg

6HjzPpq.jpg

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Thanks for the effort put into this I love it :)...

I tend to fly the P51 in Shahdoh's racing series and we often fly far away from towns.

Is there a way to get the trees that are part of the regular "non-city" mountain terrain to draw much further out?

Yes, in options.lua (C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config) set ["treesVisibility"] to whatever you desire, 30000 would be 30km visibility for example.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...