DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

Collision model? What do you mean? That in DCS the 3D shape defines the collision while in game?

In most modern games, there are simplified 3d models, that are invisible, surrounding the 'pretty' 3D models called collision models. These models help the game decide if something gets hit or not by other objects, bullets etc.

The reason you're not using the pretty 3D model as a collision model is because it saves a lot of computations for the CPU. It is kind of like hitboxes for FPS games, except collision models are usually more detailed than just boxes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the wednesday screen? :D

here

https://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development/posts/743261932412678

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Man this bird is come to amazing. Thanks

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Looking forward to the release. I occasionally fly the Mirage in BMS and it will be nice to see the difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Whohooo, after 10 years of waiting, finally there's going to be new modern jet fighter for DCS World :)

Looking great guys, keep it up! Still missing the beautiful outside view of the fuselage:

*hint for the next update* ;)

At this pace, I'll not hold my breath. But it's encouraging it's still in progress.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Why, what's wrong with the pace? We've seen regular weekly updates for the last couple of weeks. This version of Mirage 2000 is mostly Air-2-Air oriented with limited AG capability so Metal 2 Mesh & Razbam are not limited by ED developments (AG radar & carrier ops). Tim has prooven as a solid developer for FSX and I have good amount of faith for his projects.

Why, what's wrong with the pace? We've seen regular weekly updates for the last couple of weeks. This version of Mirage 2000 is mostly Air-2-Air oriented with limited AG capability so Metal 2 Mesh & Razbam are not limited by ED developments (AG radar & carrier ops). Tim has prooven as a solid developer for FSX and I have good amount of faith for his projects.

That changes nothing about the fact that this looks no where near ready for release. Good that they are updating up and making progress? Yes. Anywhere near ready for release? No.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It sounds sad when you say it like that.

Not really, since the first eight years were spent waiting for DCS World to exist. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi when this mod. will be ready ?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Is this module going to have the touchables in the cockpit? I really find it easier, and more fun to learn to fly the aircraft by using the instruments in the cockpits rather than actually learning hundreds of millions of key combos.

I assume it will, since the cockpit is completely modeled down to every last knob, and has animations.

Is this module going to have the touchables in the cockpit? I really find it easier, and more fun to learn to fly the aircraft by using the instruments in the cockpits rather than actually learning hundreds of millions of key combos.

I assume it will, since the cockpit is completely modeled down to every last knob, and has animations.

This module will be just like the A-10C. Clickable cockpit, AFM etc ... As far as I know, all functionalities will be implemented.