L-39C Multicrew & More

Derbysieger

Demonstrating the Multicrew feature, a bit of loose formation flying and then fighting it out over Las Vegas

Video is 99% in German:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Not really, just some minor things. For example Nav lights and landing lights don't appear to be synchronized yet and you absolutely have to avoid lag. It can wreck your aircraft with multicrew.

Apart from that it is very smooth and works extremely well. As far as I can tell everything that needs to be synched between front and back for an enjoyable experience is working.

It is an amazing feature. I'm very much looking forward to other multicrew aircraft.

I'll probably add the C-101 to my collection once the EFM and Multicrew are in so I can complement the L-39C with a western multicrew Trainer.

All I can say is that Leatherneck can bring on the F-14 Tomcat. That thing is gonna be amazing in MP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Not really, just some minor things. For example Nav lights and landing lights don't appear to be synchronized yet and you absolutely have to avoid lag. It can wreck your aircraft with multicrew.

Apart from that it is very smooth and works extremely well. As far as I can tell everything that needs to be synched between front and back for an enjoyable experience is working.

It is an amazing feature. I'm very much looking forward to other multicrew aircraft.

I'll probably add the C-101 to my collection once the EFM and Multicrew are in so I can complement the L-39C with a western multicrew Trainer.

All I can say is that Leatherneck can bring on the F-14 Tomcat. That thing is gonna be amazing in MP

Glad to read that a lot of improvements have been made with this module wrt multi-crew operation. Can you elaborate a bit on how you set up this mission? There are 4 options when you use multicrew, ie equal responsibility or instructor, what did you use? And with the other pilot in control, could you retract the gear or flaps for instance?

In previous versions things like a running engine, or gear/flaps would not sync at all. I did notice that the EGT in the back pit didn't work either. I think this module doesn't get the attention it deserves, and properly working multicrew could improve that a lot.

I have to revise that bit about the nav lights. I just did another test and it seems to be synched!

Glad to read that a lot of improvements have been made with this module wrt multi-crew operation. Can you elaborate a bit on how you set up this mission? There are 4 options when you use multicrew, ie equal responsibility or instructor, what did you use? And with the other pilot in control, could you retract the gear or flaps for instance?

In previous versions things like a running engine, or gear/flaps would not sync at all. I did notice that the EGT in the back pit didn't work either. I think this module doesn't get the attention it deserves, and properly working multicrew could improve that a lot.

I set it to instructor priority, which means as an instructor I can take controls without asking anytime I want. I noticed that you only can release controls from the instructor seat, the pilot in the front can't release them to the instructor, the instructor has to ask for or take control depending on how you set the aircraft up. I guess it makes sense since you should be able to just take control as the instructor.

And yes you can operate landing gear and flaps while the other player flies and it is properly synched. Right in the beginning of the video while I'm taxiing the player in the front seat lowers flaps to take off position.

The EGT gauge only works for one cockpit at a time. I actually think that is the correct behaviour since there is a switch in the rear cockpit where you can set EGT to front or back seat.

All I can say that I'm loving this module right now. It just makes me want to have working multicrew in the TF-51D more, so I can just take some friends who are new to or unsure about DCS for a ride. I think making the TF-51D multicrew would be an amazing tool to bring new players into the game! But maybe that's just me^^

I appreciate you answering my questions and elaborating. I guess once I'm back home I'll be spending a bit more time inn the -39.

I have to revise that bit about the nav lights. I just did another test and it seems to be synched!

I set it to instructor priority, which means as an instructor I can take controls without asking anytime I want. I noticed that you only can release controls from the instructor seat, the pilot in the front can't release them to the instructor, the instructor has to ask for or take control depending on how you set the aircraft up. I guess it makes sense since you should be able to just take control as the instructor.

And yes you can operate landing gear and flaps while the other player flies and it is properly synched. Right in the beginning of the video while I'm taxiing the player in the front seat lowers flaps to take off position.

The EGT gauge only works for one cockpit at a time. I actually think that is the correct behaviour since there is a switch in the rear cockpit where you can set EGT to front or back seat.

All I can say that I'm loving this module right now. It just makes me want to have working multicrew in the TF-51D more, so I can just take some friends who are new to or unsure about DCS for a ride. I think making the TF-51D multicrew would be an amazing tool to bring new players into the game! But maybe that's just me^^

Glad to be of service :)

I'm really excited about the L-39C. It's a beautiful aircraft and it handles very well, although it is a bit underpowered. The training aspect is very appealing to me, plus it is nice to be able to just relax and enjoy the ride while you let the other player take controls.

It has replaced the MiG-21Bis as the most pleasant surprise in the category 'I only bought it because it's the first DCS Module featuring X'.

I had no interest in the aircraft on its own - now I actually like it a lot. Of course multicrew is a big factor here but I actually like the L-39C itself.

screen_160204_1435215oqmc.jpg