GC can move all unit inclut those who aren't set as player control

Harke

• 2 months later...

Um..

Works for me....

Nate

While that may be so.. I have performed some tests and unchecking the "Player Can Drive" box results in a loss of the GUI that the ground commander uses to give orders to that particular group. Strange since these are not supposed to be relateable. If "Player Control" does mean jumping into the individual vehicle itself why bother to remove the GUI associated with the GC?

Bug?

Edited by jbrking

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

Hmm the GUI in the F-10 View is unaffected in my Open Beta Build (Build 1.2.7.22627) Can you check it when you get this version?

Nate

Right.. There is a GUI but not for the GC

Did you notice during your testing that that the GC role is now no longer working while running under 1.2.7? :huh:

Unless I'm missing something here there doesnt seem to be any way to choose the GC role and giving tasks to these units no longer works..

*edit*

Unfortunately I am limited to 1.2.7.22412.. so there is a patch of some kind of beta patch in the works I hope?

Edited by jbrking

I remember that "player control" does mean that GC role can control it AND can enter the vehicle (only if compatible, i.e. you can control an Ural-375 convoy but you can't enter in one of them).

I could swear that I used to uncheck the player can control option to those vehicles and group that I won't to be affected by the presence of a GC (i.e. moving convoy on a pre-defined route)... but maybe I'm wrong.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Right.. There is a GUI but not for the GC

Did you notice during your testing that that the GC role is now no longer working while running under 1.2.7? :huh:

Unless I'm missing something here there doesnt seem to be any way to choose the GC role and giving tasks to these units no longer works..

As I said in my version it is working the way I expect. - perhaps if you show me some pictures? I might be misunderstanding the issue.

Nate

As I said in my version it is working the way I expect. - perhaps if you show me some pictures? I might be misunderstanding the issue.

Nate

Helps if I have CA installed hey? :doh:

Works fine in 1.2.7..

Thanks

Helps if I have CA installed hey? :doh:

Works fine in 1.2.7..

Thanks

:thumbup:

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny that they have fixed the missing UI for the infantry while on the command map.. But the UI cannot be interacted with in any way. Still shift clicking to move these units around.

Also since 1.2.7 A.I uncontrolled aircraft can no longer be activated or given orders by the GC on the command map.

Seriously pissed off here.. Especially since the mission I have been working on diligently for the last few months is dependent on GC input..