Gazelle Mission Thread

Mt5_Roie

Have you tried to install it in "C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions" then to open it with mission editor and save it ?

hope it will work!

Tried it, doesn't work I'm afraid

Operation Zora

Hi,

I would like to share my first real DCS mission for the Gazelle.

Your task is to take out two GRAD launchers in the city of Dzhvari during a sunrise mission.

Defences mainly consist of AAA, but if you opt not to stick to the mission plan, you might encounter some (unloved) surprises ;)

NADIR navigation and low level flying skills are mandatory in this mission.

Zora_a.jpg

Constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Carsten

CG_SA342_Operation_Zora.miz

Edited by Don Rudi
Edited sound files, added briefing pictures

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

I would like to share my first real DCS mission for the Gazelle.

Most excellent mission! Location, time of day, placement of units, flight plan, weather, FARP with rearming and refueling capability, description, everything just falls beautifully into place in this mission. I sure hope there's more to come! :thumbup:

Most excellent mission! Location, time of day, placement of units, flight plan, weather, FARP with rearming and refueling capability, description, everything just falls beautifully into place in this mission. I sure hope there's more to come! :thumbup:

Thanks so much :)

I am currently working on another precision strike mission, I just need to add a few more traps ;)

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Thanks so much :)

I am currently working on another precision strike mission, I just need to add a few more traps ;)

Wholeheartedly agree with Yurgon. Excellent mission.Dodging SAM's was cool, bit I ran for cover non the less :)

Eager for your next one!

After the kind words for my first Gazelle mission, here is my second one: "Operation Kingpin".

You will perform a shipborne surgical strike against rebel leader codename "Kingpin". Coastal air defences are heavy and you should not feel uncomfortabel to skim the waves for about 20km on the ingress and egress. Turn up the volume of your RWR, you'll need it ;)

Good hunting!

The Zil limousine from Lilkiki's Vehicle Mod is needed for this mission.

The mission contains custom R/T and briefing maps.

Let me know what you think about the mission, so I can include your feedback in future missions.

Kingpin.jpg

CG_SA342_Operation_Kingpin.miz

After the kind words for my first Gazelle mission, here is my second one: "Operation Kingpin".

Another very nice mission, thank you very much! :thumbup:

This time, I do have a few remarks; I'll put them into a SPOILER tag in order not to ruin other player's fun.

Don Rudi, do you have a separate mission thread? Then we won't clog up the Gazelle Mission Thread with the discussion of particular missions. ;)

You can never be too precise with what the player is expected to do. :D

Approaching WP2, I was told to follow the river to a bridge. En route, I was told to hold fire - okay, I won't fire, but I'm still ordered to continue to that bridge. Or so I thought -- I got shot at near WP3 and then crashed into the ground while trying to evade the enemy fire.

In the next attempt, I realized that I had to find an ambush point quite some way away from the bridge. I think if the radio message was clearer about this, it would be less confusing for the player, like "Hold your fire and keep a distance of at least 2 klicks from the bridge" or something like that.

Then on the return flight I got a very unpleasant surprise visit from a Strela. I guess anything must be expected on a mission like this, but the briefing didn't provide any intel on this threat. A sentence like "Mobile air defenses, including an SA-9 Strela IR SAM launcher, have been spotted in the target area. Maintain a low profile and remain aware until you have egressed" would make a lot of difference there, without giving too much away.

The limousine is a great model and helps immersion. But I generally prefer if I don't have to install additional mods "just" for a mission. Is there any way to make this optional, so that the mission would default to an unarmed pickup if the mod isn't available?

When I was back at the frigate, I had almost touched down when the mission quit and I was placed at the debriefing screen. At first I thought DCS had crashed, but it looked like the mission triggered itself to end. If that's the case, I really prefer to quit the mission on my own. ;)

The results were 0 at that point, although I had destroyed the correct target.

Okay, those were a few items now, but I really think it's a good mission as such, these were just the things I noticed. :thumbup:

Don Rudi, do you have a separate mission thread? Then we won't clog up the Gazelle Mission Thread with the discussion of particular missions. ;)

Thanks for the input, I'll contact you via PM :)

// EDIT - PM crashes here, could you contact me please? Thanks, Carsten :)

Edited by Don Rudi

• 2 weeks later...

AS342 Campaign bug

Dear all,

I have purchased the gazelle and must say it is a lot of fun to fly with it..,

Just I am experiencing what I believe is a bug but not quite sure..,

It is about the campaign that BDW by far is the best interactive campaign I ever flown on dcs but there is a problem and it is when you die..., the campaign does not save the previous missions and it makes you restart all over from mission 1!!!! now imagine you flying for hors get to mission 4 and unfortunately you get busted...., it is really frustrating and kills all the fun..., please help, thank you:)

HI,

I am new to dcs world.., and especially to this forum.., I read you guys are making new missions for the gazelle.., is there anyway to get it? how do you do that? I do not see them for sale on the dlc page....., please advise, thank you:)

Hi ;)

So :

1) On the next so much waited update, the progress issue will be fixed, which means that if you die, you restart the current mission and not the previous one. (Ehehe, yes, I'm a missionmaker, triggers, markers, audio, scripting, I know, but this fu*** campaign editor... I spent a few time to understand its purpose...).

2) Currently, you only have the campaign, and the training scenari, missions may be added in the future for the various Gazelle versions, but currently none has been produced, I may wait for the Mistral to be ready to produce new "story" missions.

campaign bug has already been advised...

a new update to correct that is WIP, but builder need only some time (people working on that are volonteer, they have their own life and job, and simply cannot have all the needed free time to correct everything immediatly), and then, when files are sent to DCS, it depends on when a next update is released to public.

be patient

way to go while wiating is to launh mission one after one from in the folder campaign they are

(navigate to

DCS World...\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Missions\FR (or EN) \Campaigns

to find them in DCS mission choice window)

EDIt : Nicolas was faster than me... (go work on miz and not wasting time on forums ! lOl ! )

• 2 months later...

\\ Find it //

Hello all !

Here is my new mission for the Gazelle SA-342-M

703811findittitreminiature.jpg

Mission thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2881420#post2881420

DL link: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2052676/

The goal of this mission is to be as replayable as possible. You can have 3 différents mission objectives each one with custom speechs, events, and situations + randoms events/units.

I hope you will enjoy it !

Alaryk

• 4 weeks later...

Town Hunt \\ a SA 342-l Challenge //

Will you survive the 5 stages and take down all the targets ? Going from low threat to high threat.

Only guns and rockets.

Each waypoint locate a target

Stage 1: infantry

Stage 2: BTR 80

Stage 3: AA ZU-23

Stage 4: Osa 9A33

Stage 5: Shilka

The mission was originaly created for the SA342-L, but you can try it with all helos...but good luck with some of them...nearly impossible !

Exploite the maniability of the gazelle, and don't forget it is a really high high threat environment !

Open spaces are always bad places....

YouTube link:  

Dl link:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2084254/

Edited by alaryk

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
NADIR Navigation Course

Fly the navigation course by using the NADIR to manually input navigation waypoints. Land at the FARP at each destination to receive the coordinates to the next FARP. Destination coordinates will be given over VHF radio frequency 120 AM.

There are three versions:

EASY: You will be flying during a partly cloudy morning.

MEDIUM: You will be flying at night with a fog bank rolling in.

HARD: You will be flying at night during a severe thunderstorm. The most direct route may not be the best route.

The easy and medium versions will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. The hard version is very challenging and may take 2 - 3 hours, if not longer, depending on your route and headwind.

Seems cool! Is it for caucasus map?

FACTA NON VERBA

EX MERO MOTU

Those two I will never forget!

• 1 month later...

Hi all I made a mission with the SA-342 L. Available in english and spanish.

I hope you have fun with it!

It´s made to fly it in single player and also in multiplayer.

Spanish:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3070253/

English:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3070248/

And here is a mini trailer about the mission:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Saitek X52 Pro. i5 4670 3.40Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, ASUS GTX760-DC2-SSU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXhCk5g4u5Ut3AKmR_jP7og :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

Hi, VHF radio frequency 120 AM, how to check, set this frequency pilot on the radio?

Manual_RU по модулям Мираж(без обновления 2019),Газель, Скайхок; F -14 (кабина оператора),И16 ("горячие" клавиши), Christen Eagle II, BuddySpike, DDCS, Kaukasus Offensive (Сервера-как играть)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S_x0Z8sOcZwWTH73fKpjOIIVKeXzlZz3

F-16C Viper - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YKz5p_WR1Sgz97mwYCXY7jDLxr_bYCJq

OH-58 Kiowa - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LBiAJ68hghW4I4WnkO3rp8S_fpScHyBw

• 5 months later...

OPERATION WATCHER

BRIEF

The fleet are off the coast of Sukhumi. The whole area has been under enemy attack for some time.

Intel have persuaded an enemy defector to hand over essential information which could bring the current hostilities to an early end.

The defector is known as code name “Mouse”.

“Mouse” will be delivering the top-secret information to our advanced outpost Alpha today.

Your code name is “Watcher” your mission is to pilot your Gazelle off HMS Jupiter, “Mother”, and head to the outpost Alpha landing pad (Way Point 2). There you are to land facing the outpost but keep engines running. Your objective is to observe and ensure all goes well during the transfer. When complete you are to land back on “Mother”.

You are armed with rockets and the gun.

NOTES

This is a relatively easy mission and should take about 45 minutes.

The mission starts with engines running so ensure collective is down.

You need to be able to change and follow the preselected way points.

The mission is trigger based so it is important that you follow all the text message instructions and way points.

There is no need for use of the radio as all messages are generated by the triggers.

I have left labels on, I use reduced points in VR, switch them off if you want.

I have put unlimited fuel and weapons, just for fun.

Hope you enjoy its my first one on the forum so go easy on me.

Gazelle Mission Overwatch.miz

Edited by Glyn
Updated mission

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 1 month later...
NADIR Navigation Course

Fly the navigation course by using the NADIR to manually input navigation waypoints. Land at the FARP at each destination to receive the coordinates to the next FARP. Destination coordinates will be given over VHF radio frequency 120 AM.

There are three versions:

EASY: You will be flying during a partly cloudy morning.

MEDIUM: You will be flying at night with a fog bank rolling in.

HARD: You will be flying at night during a severe thunderstorm. The most direct route may not be the best route.

The easy and medium versions will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. The hard version is very challenging and may take 2 - 3 hours, if not longer, depending on your route and headwind.

Does someone tried those recently, are they work ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]