342l unresponsive behaviour

microvax

Hi !

I tried both the L and M version in 1.5.4. The M version is really great to fly now, dont have the feeling of the SAS fighting me anymore.

I flew the L from the release on, and though well, feels a bid odd in turns but thats probably me.

Then stuff happend like no response to cyclic controll at high bank angles. It pretty much locks up in one bank angle and doesnt respond in any way to cyclic bank controls. If you do not crash at some point it randomly comes back to life and reacts, without the regime of flight drastically changing.

Dunno if there is some mechanical difference on the L which justifies that, but it really feels wrong that your helicopter denies controll input for something like 2+ seconds.

Then I flew the M in 1.5.4 and came to the conclusion there is definetly something fishy with the L version. To me the L in its current state feels worse [wow such subjective description] in terms of fighting whatever in turns.

I also noticed the L acts like it has WAY more inertia if you pitch up. With the M version I can do quick pitch up without all to much forward cyclic or overshoot.

If I try the same thing in the L I practically allways end up overshooting while compensating way much more with forward cyclic. I personally would expect the M to be moreovershoot happy since the heavy viviane is quite far away from the center of the pitch motion.

So yeah, dunno If i am retarded or just incompetent or if there is something really wrong, or if it is something peripherals related, I heard something about irresponsive controlls in 1.5.4 but I couldnt notice that in any of the other modules. [Namely KA50, M2k, UH1, MI8, su25a]

So I come here to either to get wiser by getting an explanation for the radically different FM of the L or report a bug. :D I can provide a track of that locked up behaviour if wanted. Happens only around high bank angles of I would guess something between 50 and 70.

EDIT: Just to make that clear, I am not a rocket scientist, I dont know if that behaviour is wrong or right. I am pretty much just asking why its happening, since I cant identify the radically different component to the M which should lead to this behaviour ! :)

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

While I really enjoy the changes to the flight model overall, I have also noticed a lack of roll authority at high bank angles, as if the SAS is cancelling out my input or something.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Pretty sure its not acceleration related, will check track though and submit it because obviously we are not getting anywhere without it. :D

Just posted into the blue to check if its anything obvious.

And if it is the Gs, why doesnt the M suffer from it with the same glorious mbb rotorhead with the same engine and I guess same controll trains ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?