New model

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, your WIP images and updates are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

The Hawk cockpit textures are now set and will not change.

We could just not listen to the community and do the hell what we want. But then that's not in my nature is it.

You forgot the most important point...

5. We don't force you to buy it!!

Tell you what, you send me a picture of you sitting in the cockpit of a Typhoon and I'll compare it to the one of me sitting in the cockpit of a Typhoon and we'll see if the textures look different shall we....

Yeah I'm pissed off at these types of comments and think why should I bother posting WIP images when people like you start ruining it for the people that like to see WIP images.

Or should I give up and stop posting anything at all and you can wait until it comes out and, according to you, I'll ignore you anyway?

/rant

Hahahaha, good rant, clearly states that you are human and sometimes someone just manages to piss us off, anyway, lets move on and please keep those WIP pics for the rest of us!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• ED Team
This sounds like the Hawk cockpit texture issue all over again.

1. community points out quality issues

2. VEAO responds with a very polite "WIP" & "it just looks that way" even though there is clear explanation of the quality issue.

3. VEAO releases product.

4. see point 1.

I may change my opinion depending on the outcome of the hawk cockpit texture, but at the moment I'm feeling a bit of the "once bitten, twice shy" from you guys.

Let me reply to you in your own words ;)

That's just plain rude - thanks to comments like this, this will probably be the last preview we get of DCS World 2.0

EDIT: can't you just be happy you get to see something?

Feel free to imagine it says VEAO Products instead of DCS World 2.0 ;)

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Let me reply to you in your own words ;)

Feel free to imagine it says VEAO Products instead of DCS World 2.0 ;)

Sometimes I seriously miss a "Like" button on these forums.. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

And people wonder why some devs don't bother posting WIP updates? For shame, people.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I think that this raises a question then: when is the time to point out what, to you and in your opinion, looks wrong?

Do we simply praise them the entire time even thinking that something might be amiss? That creates a worse environment, IMO.

At the end of the day the devs, if they truly have confidence in the accuracy of their WIP models, shouldn't have an issue with any criticism. It at least shows people are interested in what they're producing.

• ED Team
I think that this raises a question then: when is the time to point out what, to you and in your opinion, looks wrong?

Do we simply praise them the entire time even thinking that something might be amiss? That creates a worse environment, IMO.

At the end of the day the devs, if they truly have confidence in the accuracy of their WIP models, shouldn't have an issue with any criticism. It at least shows people are interested in what they're producing.

The have testers, they also have beta periods as well, all are good times to check all these points. It will be better then as well, because you will actually be able to see the entire model, not just a screenshot. A WIP image might be completely different next week based on any number of factors, I think Chris was sharing just to show progress. When he is ready for input and testing, then things can be discussed I am sure.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Don't get me wrong, I love dev previews. And I apologise about being so blunt about it.

I saw a number of posts clearly and politely pointing out the discrepancies between the actual plane and 3D model, and it was completely (but very diplomatically) dismissed as a non issue.

Now that's the prerogative of the developer to ignore good, solid and constructive feedback of course. But I think it's bad business to tell the customers either love it or leave it.

EDIT: Sith, my quote was completely out of context. I don't think I was comparing the developers to maggots, like the guy I was responding to.

Now you can make fun of me, that's fine, but the joke will be on you in the end as, I won't be the one flying a subpar module. I've learnt my lesson with the Hawk's cockpit texture.

Anyway I will say no more as it's obviously falling on deaf ears.

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

The Hawk cockpit textures are now set and will not change.

We could just not listen to the community and do the hell what we want. But then that's not in my nature is it.

You forgot the most important point...

5. We don't force you to buy it!!

Tell you what, you send me a picture of you sitting in the cockpit of a Typhoon and I'll compare it to the one of me sitting in the cockpit of a Typhoon and we'll see if the textures look different shall we....

Yeah I'm pissed off at these types of comments and think why should I bother posting WIP images when people like you start ruining it for the people that like to see WIP images.

Or should I give up and stop posting anything at all and you can wait until it comes out and, according to you, I'll ignore you anyway?

/rant

Your work is really appreciated!

However, dealing with this forum must be like dealing with members of Congress (or Parliament ;))...a large group of people with varied and sometimes unimpressive credentials who have REALLY strong opinions. They similarly don't take well to you pointing out their errors or lapses in knowledge.

But rest assured, for the 2 or 3 people who are suggesting that you change the shape of a model or excessively weather a texture - at least 100 of us are silently admiring your impressive work.

Your company is releasing a bunch of modules that are "must haves" for me (Typhoon, P-40F, F4F, F8F, DH Vampire, Gloster Meteor). I can't wait to see more and finally try them out.

Best,

Nick

However, dealing with this forum must be like dealing with members of Congress (or Parliament ;))...a large group of people with varied and sometimes unimpressive credentials who have REALLY strong opinions. They similarly don't take well to you pointing out their errors or lapses in knowledge.

But rest assured, for the 2 or 3 people who are suggesting that you change the shape of a model or excessively weather a texture - at least 100 of us are silently admiring your impressive work.

Your company is releasing a bunch of modules that are "must haves" for me (Typhoon, P-40F, F4F, F8F, DH Vampire, Gloster Meteor). I can't wait to see more and finally try them out.

Best,

Nick

The people that did take the time to respond were highly skilled in the art form and knowledgeable in the subject ,and their criticisms were constructive.

P.S. The texturing of the hawk had nothing to do with weathering and everything to do with quality and skill.

The people that did take the time to respond were highly skilled in the art form and knowledgeable in the subject ,and their criticisms were constructive.

Much like the renders, we all interpret things a bit different. ;)

And reading the thread, their responses were acknowledged and taken into consideration.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213
  • ED Team

P.S. The texturing of the hawk had nothing to do with weathering and everything to do with quality and skill.

Enough already. Please feel free to review the forum rules. But if you have nothing new to add, then move along.

64Sig.png

Best,

Nick

What he said.

I love the Hawk :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

Ok guys enough now, let's move on.

The team and I do take criticism very well and we do listen to you.

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it" has no truer meaning than the feedback we get.

When we post "factual" responses we get flamed for defending what we're doing. Well yeah it's our product after all so of course we're going to defend it.

I've said many times before that we're open to feedback when it is constructive and factual.

Help us by proving what you're saying, not drawing lines on a render that maybe doesn't have the right POV compared to a photo.

Did it maybe occur that we've taken measurements and the model is accurate to those measurements. Is the renderer throwing it off slightly, does DCS throw it off slightly. Is the light affecting it, Etc. Etc.

There are many factors that could cause something to not look correct.

All I'll say as my last comment on this is that we do look into these things and do listen to constructive criticism.

After the P-40 stream we had a live Q&A and Priller asked me why start VEAO, why get into this.

Because it's my passion, I love flying, I love flying in DCS and it gives me many hours of enjoyment.

I think we have an awesome community that has the same passion as I do, but we're human just like you. So think about what you type and back it up with facts and we'll take that criticism oh so much better.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

Chris and the team.

@ Ells228 - if you feel offended of me drawing some lines on the render, well i'm sorry. But how can i explain a thing when i'm not even a native english speaker and when it seems that even after the sketch i made, the issue is still not understended?

You say: "Help us by proving what you're saying, not drawing lines on a render that maybe doesn't have the right POV compared to a photo."

Once again, it is not the POV the problem here, and to have a better understanding of how POV works, i drawed some lines on a blank page. Anyway, you are right that it's time to move on but i think that there's no place for egos when you are an artist and any artist should be accustomed with criticism and to not take it personally.

1941577684_example4.thumb.jpg.eed30dd621db5f8ebe2b978520a9a1e4.jpg

• Like 2

I understand that these are WIP renders, but I also know that in software development, the earlier an error is caught, the less expensive it is to correct. I believe that a respectful exchange of constructive criticism can be beneficial to everyone at any stage of development. Saying that the artists involved are not skilled enough is not constructive criticism.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love it, and day one purchase for me as usual. I dont get all hard about the externals as I am usually sat in a cockpit so its that which matters, but in response a similar position typhoon - the nose does seems it should be shorter to make it look stubbier however, you are the men.

1767381.jpg

On this picture, if you measure it the nose doesnt reach the flange before the inlets but in the render it looks long enough to go past the inlets? Could be perspective but....

Meh - WIP - thanks for the update, I cant tell you how much I love you guys for making this model.

BTW John X - I thought your post was very rude, regardless of your further post you pretty much paid out the whole models quite rude - if English is not your first language, whoever taught you it never taught you manners and decorum.

Edited by Mr_Burns