FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

Who sais that!? It was always "planned" to be multirole...but it was planned to upgrade capabilities later and essentially sell a Beta first that can only do one thing well and worry about the rest later.

I mean, the computer doesn´t even seem to have the computation power for proper swing-role. They upped that with Tranche 2, afaik.

...and they upgraded the Tranche 1 Block 5 for Syria with the same upgrade the Tranche 2 got from the factories, at least as far as I know.

Spectre11, though is much more involved and I would daresay a "subject matter expert"...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see. From the text in post #1 it's possible to gather that that specific typhoon can deploy the enhanced paveway Laser/JDAM bomb. But VEAO has choosen not to develop it. Since it can drop those EPAVs I might have assumed it was still capable of dropping regular JDAMs.

I hope we hear, or even better, see something about the ASRAAM some day soon then:)

Paveway laser guided bombs will be included AFAIK. They will rely on buddy-lasing though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Did anyone Talk about PIRATE?? i am looking totaly jealous on SU and MIG and thought, as a part of T1B5 it should be a part of my wonderfull plane too ha?! :D

would love too hunt them down stealthy ^.^

AFAIK, the Block 5 Typhoon has the full PIRATE suite, so it *should* be in.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

yeah just dont be surprised when everyone else is also flying eurofighters and trying to do the same thing to you

Well, an encounter between Eurofighters is pretty unlikely outside of training :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, an encounter between Eurofighters is pretty unlikely outside of training :)

Having worked in the Air Force Military Simulator of the Eurofighter I can tell you that a fight between Eurofighters is pretty dadmn fun! :joystick:

Ask me about the Helmet Mounted Symbology thingy...:P

Almost grown tired of flying the thing. Almost. :lol:

Now I'm onthe Tonka thought. Another fun little thing.

...and they upgraded the Tranche 1 Block 5 for Syria with the same upgrade the Tranche 2 got from the factories, at least as far as I know.

Spectre11, though is much more involved and I would daresay a "subject matter expert"...

Those aircraft deployed to Akrotiri AB on Cyprus are all T2 and/or T3A examples at SRP12 (P1Eb) standard. T1s are at SRP 4.3+Drop 3 within the RAF. Don't think they have received Drop 4 already, but could be wrong on this or at least obsolete. In their present form it is not possible to bring T1s up to an T2/3A equivalent capability standard, though it is possible requiring some more extensive modifications.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm buisy these days with lots of other things.

As far as sources for early AG requorements on behalf of the Luftwaffe are concerned, there have been articles up on the internet from earlier issues of the Flug Revue magazine, as well as a few on the flight global website. The latter should still be there. A good source for the historical backgrounds for the aircraft, in particular from a German point of view is the book "Der Eurofighter" from Bernd and Frank Vetter. This book includes some interesting historical excerpts from papers and meetings of the partner nations. Among them was the cancellation of AG weapon rack develoment and integration of AGM-65B Maverick and AGM-88 HARM missiles as they were integrated on the Luftwaffe F-4F and Tornado at this time. A bit of logical thinking helps as well, the Luftwaffe acquired a total of 280 F-4s and intended to acquire 250 JF90 at the beginning. This would have been sufficient to replace the F-4 in all six wings operating the various brands of the Phantom. There were 2 dedicated fighter, fighter-bomber and reconnaisance wings respectively. There were only two fighterbwings in the entire Luftwaffe at that time. That gives you a clue about the requirements for the new fighter. Only as the Cold War was coming to an end and the FRG was granted more or less full souvereighnity again, the offensive capabilities were reduced and the defensive increased. It meant the growth from 2 to 4 FWs, but halfing the number of FBWs and RWs from 10 to 5 and 2 to 1 respectively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Both external and the cockpit models are being re-worked so nothing really to share until I get the updated Max files.

All other work is coding right now so nothing sexy to show there either....

coding1-960x520.jpg

...when your wife always suspected there is more to these "late night coding sessions" than work. :tomato:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)