Steam and pre-steam Modules purchase

Narcal

well this is a tricky one. Let me tell you what happened to me...

I originally bought A10c on DCS website years ago. Then steam offered DCS world and I got it and many modules through steam and added my A10c module to steam. BUT forgot my password for my DCS A10c account so made a new account for all steam purchases. So I have two accounts. one steam one DCS website.

Yesterday I bought the Mig21bis through DCS website through my DCS account and unzipped the file into the steam folder DCS world. I loaded it up, the mig was there, I started a mission and the activation window came up. I entered my key and it worked ! Been flying ALLL day . my brain hurts.

Hope this helps.

Yesterday I bought the Mig21bis through DCS website through my DCS account and unzipped the file into the steam folder DCS world. I loaded it up, the mig was there, I started a mission and the activation window came up. I entered my key and it worked ! Been flying ALLL day . my brain hurts.

Yes. That will work but you will have to do it again after every update. It is not supported or recommended.

As to the OPs actual question. Keys purchased before Steam dropped ED key support will still work on Steam as they have already been incorporated into the Steam database.

So if you bought a key on ED's shop before the date of the announcement below, then it should work on Steam just fine.

7 June 2014

Dear all,

We learned from Valve/Steam that they will be unable to continue merging DCS keys purchased outside of the Steam Store. As such and as of today, please note that any keys purchased outside of the Steam Store can no longer be used to activate DCS products on Steam.

We will be working with Steam to merge all keys purchased prior to today. We can make no promises as to when or if this will happen though… that is out of our hands.

Please note though that keys purchased on the Steam store will work on DCS World downloaded from the DCS Store.

Thanks

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: