License Management Page

const

The best way to deactivate modules is with the module manager! In the menu go to module manager, to the "installed" tab and click on the green hooks.

After changing hardware simply check the hooks again and if necessary enter the License key on first run of the SIM. Not sure if key is required after HW change, but I guess.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ah, thanks, I'll try that instead to deactivate in my other windows.

Hmm, I don't actually see "Module Manager" in my DCS menu.

If I click on Multiplayer (after upgrading my hardware) it runs _protect.exe which says my key isn't valid anymore and I need to reactivate and clicking to proceed prompts me for me A-10C key, which it already has filled in but clicking OK it throws up an error saying my time settings are wrong. I checked and it sync automatically 20 minutes ago but I tried syncing again manually and DCS still threw up the same error, so I exited from this window. Then each module came up in sequence with the same prompt and clicking Exit for each resulted in it prompting me again for every module two or three times. After that, it shows the Multiplayer server screen but with only half the screen visible and the rest offscreen to the right and bottom and with no taskbar icon, so I have to kill it via task manager.

I didn't deactivate in this Windows, which is the main one I use, before upgrading the hardware partly as a test to see whether it would require reactivating. I can't deactivate the modules manually now by running the _protect.exe, as it says there has been significant changes to the hardware. I don't care that I can't deactivate but I would like to be able to activate!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Check your Mainboard clock and date is set correctly! Sounds like Windows clock gets wrong time and date from the bios!

When launching DCS World (not the DCS Multiplayer) you get the menu the entry above Exit on the right should read Module Manager.

You have updated to DCS World 1.2.x ? Module Manager was introduced quite a while ago!

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I did a "quick install" of DCS World that way, to a buddies PC. Deactivated all modules, copied the complete Eagle Dynamics Folder and manually deleted the Modules he had not purchased from his new PCs DCS Worlds Mods folder. Now I just had to log into module manager with his account and activate the modules again, with internet conection of course.

Now when starting SIM (instant action will do) you get asked for the serial-No. key for each module you activate... of course in this case the accounts changed, not even sure if you need to put in the key after upgrade, but possibly yes, because the Hardware code will change.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Check your Mainboard clock and date is set correctly! Sounds like Windows clock gets wrong time and date from the bios!

When launching DCS World (not the DCS Multiplayer) you get the menu the entry above Exit on the right should read Module Manager.

You have updated to DCS World 1.2.x ? Module Manager was introduced quite a while ago!

Windows says it's syncing with time.windows.com. That feature wouldn't make any sense if it just ignored the time obtained from the server and used the BIOS time instead.

It's quite fiddly putting the exact time in the BIOS anyway as you have to enter the hour, minute, second but it doesn't apply until you click OK (at least I assume it applies then), by which time the seconds are no longer correct, so if the licensing server is comparing it's time with my BIOS time, does it just have to match the hour and minute or does it check seconds as well? Even the minutes could be out of sync if the server says it's 11:47:58 and my BIOS says it's 11:48:00.

I don't know why I don't have Module Manager. Definitely running 1.2.10 as you can see from this screenshot

DCS.jpg

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Windows says it's syncing with time.windows.com. That feature wouldn't make any sense if it just ignored the time obtained from the server and used the BIOS time instead.

It's quite fiddly putting the exact time in the BIOS anyway as you have to enter the hour, minute, second but it doesn't apply until you click OK (at least I assume it applies then), by which time the seconds are no longer correct, so if the licensing server is comparing it's time with my BIOS time, does it just have to match the hour and minute or does it check seconds as well? Even the minutes could be out of sync if the server says it's 11:47:58 and my BIOS says it's 11:48:00.

I don't know why I don't have Module Manager. Definitely running 1.2.10 as you can see from this screenshot

DCS.jpg

OK! There is something wrong with your install. The free space between logbook and Exit should contain the Module manager entry (see screenshot).

No idea what happened to your install...

The clock difference of a few seconds is ok. It should just not differ more than 3 minutes, because this can generate a lot of trouble... (file timestamps corruption, thus updates mess up the OS, access problems etc.)

If you have no custom mods installed (mods that change the installation I mean) I would try a DCS World repair (Start> All programs > EagleDynamics > DCS World > Repair DCS World)

If this persists I would search for similar issues on the support forum and may be open a ticket at ED's support.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104442&stc=1&d=1410612643

Screen_140913_144852.thumb.jpg.91dc73629969f5df7e223ec290dc591d.jpg

Shagrat

Only Steam installs, should not have a Module Manager.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK! There is something wrong with your install. The free space between logbook and Exit should contain the Module manager entry (see screenshot).

No idea what happened to your install...

The clock difference of a few seconds is ok. It should just not differ more than 3 minutes, because this can generate a lot of trouble... (file timestamps corruption, thus updates mess up the OS, access problems etc.)

If you have no custom mods installed (mods that change the installation I mean) I would try a DCS World repair (Start> All programs > EagleDynamics > DCS World > Repair DCS World)

If this persists I would search for similar issues on the support forum and may be open a ticket at ED's support.

OK. I've got mods but I'm using JSGME, so I'll just disable them and do a repair.

As for the time, I just checked in the BIOS and it was already the right hour and minute. Couldn't check the seconds as my phone doesn't show them but if it should be OK up to +/- 3 minutes then there's something weird going on. I'll try again after repairing.

Only Steam installs, should not have a Module Manager.

OK, it's not a Steam install though.

Done the repair and the backup folder indicates it replaced Scripts/MissionScripting.lua and a load of init.lua files in the A-10C and KA-50 Cockpit\Scripts\ (probably something to do with exports, although I'm not sure why they weren't stock after disabling all my mods). Still doesn't show Module Manager though and I still get the "incorrect time server settings" error when trying to activate a module.

EDIT: Actually, the init.lua files were probably modified by EMC, so that explains that.

Perhaps I can delete specific files and then the repair will reinstall them, rather than delete the entire install and download DCS from scratch? If anyone knows what files might be relevant to these problems that is.

I tried deleting everything in bin and running the repair, as I thought that might be all the GUI files but I'm still missing "Module Manager".

I'll start a thread in the DCS World - Bugs subforum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Const.

I have a quick question to you. I have 2 PC at home and sometimes some friends stop by and like to do some dogfight with P-51 or FW190. How can I make this happen ? Do I need to buy 2 copies of P-51 or FW190 and install them on both PCs and later when in multiplayer I need to create two different account ? It's a bit confusing and I would like to do this right before I mess up things.

Please let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Possible. He/she will need a Eagle Dynamics Shop account to bind the key to. Now you either unbind or better transfer the key in the Eagle Dynamics Database. That is step one.

Step two, send the key to the new owner. You could email or better phone the key.

Now finally the receiving person activates his 'new' module through the module manager by installing and launching. When asked to activate simply enter the key.

As far as I know selling keys to somebody else is ok with Eagle Dynamics, in the EU it is legal anyway.

Just don't open a 'I sell licenses' thread with out clearance from moderators... not sure if they object, but better ask.

Shagrat

Hello Const.

I have a quick question to you. I have 2 PC at home and sometimes some friends stop by and like to do some dogfight with P-51 or FW190. How can I make this happen ? Do I need to buy 2 copies of P-51 or FW190 and install them on both PCs and later when in multiplayer I need to create two different account ? It's a bit confusing and I would like to do this right before I mess up things.

Please let me know.

Yep, exactly like that. You need two accounts for multiplayer, ED license server ensures you are logged in only once at a time in multiplayer. Now, you could bind one FW-190 Module to one account, and a P-51D module to the other one. If you want to take both planes with any account, you need a key for each account... only for the TF-51D and SU-25T you won't need keys, as they come free with DCS World.

Shagrat

• 4 months later...

Normal DCS World standalone or Steam version?

If normal install, did you try the module manager?

If that does not show the "install" button, but the "buy" button?

Shagrat

Strange... does the DLC Campaign get listed under "My Orders" in the "Personal Section" (Shop account on http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com)?

It should show an Order ID and a Status for each item you purchased.

If not, I would recommend to contact customer support and have the payment reference number for them to check what's wrong.

I purchased a lot of modules through the shop, never had any issue.

Shagrat

OK, definitely contact customer support through the website. If it's not shown under your purchases it wasn't processed properly.

Shagrat

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but how (in the new DCS website) can I de-activate my licence keys?

I am about to rebuild my PC so the hardware is going to change.

Can de-activation only be done from within DCS itself?

Thanks,

RBG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

Never mind.

Followed the steps in post 2 here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=141699

Checked the licence key status on the DCS website afterwards and it confirms deactivation.

I was hoping to achieve the same thing by simply logging into the DCS website.

Bit of a clumsy way to do things, but hey, it worked for me so all good here.

:)

RBG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)