F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

I wasn't aware of the idle gate function of the A-10. Neat!

If you like, I can photograph the A-10C Warthog throttle quadrant grip next to my post-MSIP-II grip. That may help highlight the differences a bit more clearly.

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007.

http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of her kind.

If it is a real grip please do

I wasn't aware of the idle gate function of the A-10. Neat!

If you like, I can photograph the A-10C Warthog throttle quadrant grip next to my post-MSIP-II grip. That may help highlight the differences a bit more clearly.

g.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this project? It would really be a nice addition with DCS F18 coming out!

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

I would find some Thrustmaster to real side by side pictures very helpful. I've been debating printing some new parts to extend the levers on the Warthog to match the real throttle.

I would love a set of extensions. If you install the warthog in a scale cockpit the throttle levers are too short for my comfort.

Now, my 3d printer project will take a couple of months, so I've uploaded the parts to an online 3d printing service.

So if there's anyone interested, the price should be around 250$ as pictured below.

Not really my target price, but these guys charge a pretty penny for a printed cubic centimeter. Once (and if) I finish my 3d printer it should be half that.

I was wondering if anyone actually bought this yet from that online printing service. If so, what is it like? Did anyone get to try it yet, even though it wouldn't really fit in DCS yet, seeing as there is no F/A-18 or F-15. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was wondering if anyone actually bought this yet from that online printing service. If so, what is it like? Did anyone get to try it yet, even though it wouldn't really fit in DCS yet, seeing as there is no F/A-18 or F-15. Thanks.

Nobody did, and I wouldn't advise anyone to. Because after some consideration I realized that for a little bit more money I can order molds to cast the grip. Working on that now.

Nobody did, and I wouldn't advise anyone to. Because after some consideration I realized that for a little bit more money I can order molds to cast the grip. Working on that now.

Great news! Thank you so much for putting so much effort in this project. I'm sure this will be a great hit when the actual F/A-18 or F-15 modules are released. Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done on this Hegykc, il certainly be interested in your products. Keep up the good work, and its great to see your enthusiasm, dont let the "nay sayers" get you down, keep moving ahead.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• 2 weeks later...
Question are you planning to work on an F-35 control stick and throttle?

I hope so. I think Kinney Interactive should contact hegykc and make a deal. I also commented on the DCS F-35 facebook page. I really think this would be a successful project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

International shipping, every DCS aircraft will be included into the lineup.

Still working hard, the project is stronger than ever. We have people working on software solutions, graphic and art, contributing pictures and technical drawings, me on the hardware.

Just survived a total car crash without a scratch yesterday, so...

nothing's gonna stop me now :)

Lucky break with the car crash! Must've been a huge shock.

You're going to manufacture a stick for each DCS aircraft? That's great news! I'm really looking forward to this. Do you have any more pictures to show, maybe even of a physical prototype?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

International shipping, every DCS aircraft will be included into the lineup.

Still working hard, the project is stronger than ever. We have people working on software solutions, graphic and art, contributing pictures and technical drawings, me on the hardware.

Just survived a total car crash without a scratch yesterday, so...

nothing's gonna stop me now :)

Oh wow! I had no idea this project was so big! That is really impressive. Thank you for the info and I hope your car is ok XD.

Give a big thanks to yourself and the whole team working on these sticks from me. The DCS Community appreciates your hard work, and if not so many people know you, they will appreciate it once your HOTAS is released.

Another question: Are you working or planning to work with Eagle Dynamics or other Third Party Devs at all? I was wondering if they know that you guys are creating a HOTAS for all upcoming DCS Aircraft.

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lucky break with the car crash! Must've been a huge shock.

The crash wasn't a shock, I saw that one coming, but the airbag that slapped me out of this world, was :)

Oh wow! I had no idea this project was so big! That is really impressive. Thank you for the info and I hope your car is ok XD.

Another question: Are you working or planning to work with Eagle Dynamics or other Third Party Devs at all? I was wondering if they know that you guys are creating a HOTAS for all upcoming DCS Aircraft.

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words.

This project will require the whole community to come together and put their talents and abilities into one great effort. That is the only way we can have replica controls at consumer prices, which this great simulator definitely deserves. So freeware software, free graphics and art, free web page design, free drawings and reference pictures for development etc.

Everybody pitches in, and in turn gets a free set of controls, or sets, depending on the amount of work provided. I will provide free 3D CAD designs for every single DCS aircraft, and will build the machinery needed for production. So that the only costs would be materials, assembly and packaging/shipment.

I will contact official parties once I have some working prototypes, so I can send samples and maybe get official support from each module and ED. That would be best case scenario.

Worst case, I release all the 3D models so everybody can print them at places that offer online printing services, and release the plans for electronics.