Beacon Map

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Just downloaded it and opened the image with no problem.

Have you tried opening it right after rebooting?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Question about VOR. I just tried approaching the Kutaisi VOR station with the Huey and it worked fine. But as I got closer to the station, say around 30km, I found I had to fly lower and lower to intercept the signal until it was impossible. Is this expected behaviour?

EDIT: Hmmm. Don`t have the same issue with Gelendzhik.

Edited by kontiuka

Lino,

Great work!

I have a question:

I already have the airport information, but could I ask where you got the beacon position information from? Is there a public resource for this?

It would come in useful for something I am working on.

Lino,

Great work!

I have a question:

I already have the airport information, but could I ask where you got the beacon position information from? Is there a public resource for this?

It would come in useful for something I am working on.

Hi Slazi,

the beacons are all drawn in the mission editor map. This could also be helpful: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/585582/ . Here you can find also the coordinates of most beacons.

• Like 2

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Question about VOR. I just tried approaching the Kutaisi VOR station with the Huey and it worked fine. But as I got closer to the station, say around 30km, I found I had to fly lower and lower to intercept the signal until it was impossible. Is this expected behaviour?

EDIT: Hmmm. Don`t have the same issue with Gelendzhik.

Thats a known issue in DCS.

2uhc0uc.jpg

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 3 weeks later...

Nice map !

Opening it on OS X Mavericks' PreView using 2.1GB and some 3 sec to show the image.

This is the first pic that brings this mac to it's knees ( while on Battery I have to say ).

Usually things open instantly, this pic takes TIME to open...

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi Lino. I was wondering if you could update your nav map and spreadsheet to include the new tower frequencies for the Sabre and Dora?? People (including me) had requested it at this thread. If you have the time it would be much appreciated!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127487

It is done, pilots! Version 1.2 of the beacon (and tower frequencies) map is online and ready for download. Have fun. Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/588673/

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

I´ve prepared a navigation map containing the exact position of NDBs, VORs and markers. That should make particularly the Huey-navigaton over long distances much easier.

Version 1.1 features TACAN channels and morse codes.

Version 1.2 includes the tower frequencies (incl. Fw-190 D-9 and F-86F)

Downloadlink: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/588673/

[ATTACH]102068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]102069[/ATTACH]

How large does this map need to be to see this information at the airport locations?

11" x 8" doesn't do it.

Lino, thanks for the effort.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How large does this map need to be to see this information at the airport locations?

11" x 8" doesn't do it.

Lino, thanks for the effort.

Found out in my Windows Pictures Library to right click Lino's Beacon map and choose "Open with" Windows Photo Viewer, specifically.

To see the zoom view to read the radio frequency info on the map I use the mouse wheel. And that is what I needed to know. There is no need to print out the map.

Thanks for this utility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]