Asset Extraction v1.0

We had a blast the other night as well. I was in the Huey, and we had guys in a Su-25T and A-10C providing cover.

The player configuration triggered a BMP platoon and some leg infantry coming at the Huey while I was waiting for authentication. It was a tense time with the BMPs because after a time I couldn't see them due to the hill to the west, but I knew that when I could see them they would be close enough to do damage, and I was firing my minigun down the line of bearing to cue the Su-25T pilot. Once the BMPs were taken out, we had main battle tanks coming from the south. The A-10 and Su-25 were both low on ammo and out of position, but just as the first rounds started landing the team called that they were aboard. I performed a quick tactical turn as rounds were impacting around me, and then did a high speed running takeoff to get out of dodge. At that point I flew NOE north to Beslan, knowing that we had effectively won the mission.

• 4 months later...

Really loved the mission, absolutely great work!!But for me it does not work with 1.2.9.

In Multiplayer Mode the game crashes upon loading, in single player it freezes after a few seconds. DCS Repair did not help.

Anybody else having these problems?

And are you planning a new version for 1.2.9?

Thank you!

I'm at ComicCon at the moment (today is the last day) and also in the middle of selling a house and moving into a new one, but I will take a look at the mission as soon as I get home tomorrow afternoon.

As Markeebo suggested, most of the time just opening the mission in the mission editor, and saving it again (just on top of itself), is enough to fix errors in missions built with older versions of DCS World.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

The missioin is working.

Took off 8:44. THe present of an unindentified aircraft near Nalchik AB had worried me ("saw" it on the SP-15 system but could not identify this if friend or foe). Ultimately i dare a take-off. But because i was late (pontiac was always in holding position and i had no information how long he could stay in the air) i decided to abort the mission. Landed at 09:05.

Unfortunately the weather setting is unrealistic (always 0 m/s and always 000°).

Subtitles have no info who is speaking (sender missing).

The briefing (here Su-25T) gave me no detailed information about the present/intention of friendly AI-aircrafts.

Scenerie at nalchik good

(most of )the audio-files sounded reasonable, realistic.

Unfortunately for me it doesn't work in 129 multiplayer I can run it through editor or single player only. Tried the save and rename trick also. O joy

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Also tried the saving trick. Did not work. I can play it in single player mode( the crash i described earlier is because of another bug with the a 10a)

But multiplayer crashes upon loading.

I have the crash logs attached if it might be of any help.

The windows event viewer says that the problem is the file: DCS World\bin\wRadio.dll

Repair did not help and I never used any mods...

EDIT:

Most likely the crash is related to the bug described in that post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127742

In short:

Any mission with AI aircraft that have the "Comm" checkbox UNCHECKED in the Mission Editor will Crash to Desktop when loaded via the Multiplayer Client. You will then get the "DCS has stopped working" message box.

Hoping for a fix.

Logs.rar

Edited by Comes

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine and I have flown this twice in the last week or two, him in the Su-25T and me in the Huey. The first time ended in disaster as the AA got me, and, more embarrassingly, him, before we even got to the extraction zone. The second went better; I got the asset on board, but tried egressing in a direction contra the briefing, and ended up with a windshield full of 23mm shells and two dead pilots.

Good times, though! I have a version with the unchecked-comms bug worked around. If anyone wants it, and Psyrixx is alright with it, I can post it somewhere.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

gonna try as sp and mp (if i can find a server which uses this mission)

edit:

i played this mission and you have made a great job. mission was very good. i had a little bit hard time in sp, as a huey pilot, because of course there was no support, i had to figt convoys and infantries. playing with a few a-10, su-27 and huey pilos would be great.

i hope you will make new missions.

thanks

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Asset Extraction is one of my all-time favorites because it is scalable based on how many players you have and what they all hop into.

@Psyrixx, are you planning on revising the mission to add the MiG-21 and possibly the Fw-190/F-86? If not, do you have any objections with my attempting to do so?

Asset Extraction is one of my all-time favorites because it is scalable based on how many players you have and what they all hop into.

@Psyrixx, are you planning on revising the mission to add the MiG-21 and possibly the Fw-190/F-86? If not, do you have any objections with my attempting to do so?

I have no objections to your attempting to do so, but I do plan on taking care of this in the near future.

I also need to also add the MiG21BiS. ^_^

And then maybe start a Patreon page so I can release sequels!

<_<

>_>

Actually, sequels are coming anyway. Patreon would just allow me to justify the time spent to my wife! ;)

Edited by Psyrixx
  • Like 1

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

I have no objections to your attempting to do so, but I do plan on taking care of this in the near future.

I also need to also add the MiG21BiS. ^_^

I'm up to my eyeballs, so I'll leave it in your capable hands. :thumbup:

Actually, sequels are coming anyway. Patreon would just allow me to justify the time spent to my wife! ;)

Don't I know it!