Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

I already did, it made no difference. :(

EDIT: I forgot the obvious, I offcourse had to rebuild the MissionFirst.miz after changing the luas...

Oops, forgot that part. :). I managed to get it to work last night myself...No time to test the mission, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oops, forgot that part. :). I managed to get it to work last night myself...No time to test the mission, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also, for anyone else trying to accomplish this, I also had to run DCS as Administrator, otherwise it produced errors at mission end when it tries to edit campaign result files (I guess).

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Went through the first few missions. Still trying to kill Creech :) So far, so good. CAP flights provide decent aid where needed, no major glitches. The only "issue" I find is that player a/c spawns far away from the rest of the flight. Thus, while taxing to the active flight members will just wait on their parking positions until I start rolling for takeoff.

Looking forward to going deeper into campaign.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Tried it modified for M-2000C. Crashed after ~20 min in air on first mission due to out of memory error.

EDIT: Try #2: No crash, but mission result file indicated no destroyed units at all. Ingame debriefing showed destruction of EWR Radar and EWR Command Post along with some AI air 2 air kills.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

The only "issue" I find is that player a/c spawns far away from the rest of the flight. Thus, while taxing to the active flight members will just wait on their parking positions until I start rolling for takeoff.

Yes, unfortunately that is out of my control, as the parking positions are assigned by DCS. While it puts the AI close to the runway, somehow it loves to park the player in a spot far in the back.

You will notice that the player flight spawns 15 minutes ahead of his assigned departure time, so there should be enough time for start-up and taxi.

Tried it modified for M-2000C. Crashed after ~20 min in air on first mission due to out of memory error.

EDIT: Try #2: No crash, but mission result file indicated no destroyed units at all. Ingame debriefing showed destruction of EWR Radar and EWR Command Post along with some AI air 2 air kills.

As you have done your own modifications, I can't really tell what is happening here.

I think this is a good idea. I think TACAN is probably not appropriate as not every aircraft has it and it would be inoperable in wartime, and bullseye is difficult to use for navigation. But what I did was to add magnetic heading and distance to the next waypoint on the kneeboard map.

This is geat!

I would personally prefer the starting point as a reference, so I can use the instrumentation easyer. But I can now have a good idea of what to do!

As you have done your own modifications, I can't really tell what is happening here.

I understand. I also took a look at debrief.log saved in "Logs" folder and it show true result it seems:

[38] = 
{
	type	=	"shot",
	initiatorPilotName	=	"New callsign",
	initiator	=	"Pack 2 - 64 FWS - CAS 1-1",
	t	=	33687.8,
	weapon	=	"Mk-82 SnakeEye",
	initiatorMissionID	=	"100003",
}, -- end of [38]
[39] = 
{
	type	=	"hit",
	target	=	"E-2 Radar",
	t	=	33689.47,
	targetMissionID	=	"209",
}, -- end of [39]
[40] = 
{
	type	=	"dead",
	t	=	33689.47,
	initiatorMissionID	=	"209",
	initiator	=	"E-2 Radar",
}, -- end of [40]
       [41] = 
{
	type	=	"hit",
	target	=	"E-2 Command Post",
	t	=	33689.47,
	targetMissionID	=	"210",
}, -- end of [41]

The Command post is hit and starts burning I guess and then eventually:

[47] = 
{
	type	=	"dead",
	t	=	33700.591,
	initiatorMissionID	=	"210",
	initiator	=	"E-2 Command Post",
}, -- end of [47]

I wonder, is the mission results fetched from this file? Then maybe thats it. Because I discovered that the path to the logs-file were in the "Saved Games\DCS" directory but my installation for 2.0 has path "Saved Games\DCS.openalpha".

Edited by chrisofsweden

Can you post the debriefing txt file for this mission (in the "Desert Tiger 76/Debriefing" folder)?

Because I discovered that the path to the logs-file were in the "Saved Games\DCS" directory but my installation for 2.0 has path "Saved Games\DCS.openalpha".

Are you saying that you found this debrief.log in the "Saved Games\DCS" directory (which would be very weird)? Because as this is a 2.0 campaign it will read the debrief.log from the "Saved Games\DCS.openalpha" directory.

Edited by MBot

Can you post the debriefing txt file for this mission (in the "Desert Tiger 76/Debriefing" folder)?

Are you saying that you found this debrief.log in the "Saved Games\DCS" directory (which would be very weird)? Because as this is a 2.0 campaign it will read the debrief.log from the "Saved Games\DCS.openalpha" directory.

Yeah the "Saved Games\DCS"-path was there cause I had edited it to that from default earlier and forgot to change it back. I've now corrected everything and it seems the mission results indeed works as intended when whimsical people don't mess with your files :doh: :thumbup:

Sorry for wasting your time!

Hi Chris - any chance you could document the changes required for changing the Player Aircraft?

Nate

I guess I could. I still don't KNOW if what I did is enough. It seems to work now, but there still may be errors. However I'll leave it to MBot to decide if this is OK. Perhaps he doesn't want me to post this publicly for any number of reasons. Since it's his work, I'll PM him and ask if it's ok that I publish my changes for changing aircraft in this thread.

I would advise to wait with any modifications until we reach the release state. My Dev version of the campaign already includes updates that will replace all the files you would modify.

Roger that. No problem! Keep up the good work!

Very happy to see this new campaign release.

I made lot of modifications with the really great "Gardians of the Caucasus" campaign and I was ready to do the same for this one to be able to test it.

But I will wait for the Mig-21 version release or I will try to buy Tiger's module for Christmas. :thumbup:

Edited by PB0_CEF

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

After a lot of hair pulling, I finally managed to identify one more of those fantastic DCS AI quirks. Have an empty map and the AI is doing ok dive bombing (mostly at least). Add an SA-3 in radar range, but waaay out of engagement range and the AI decides it is wise to do an orbit, climb to 22'000 ft and bomb from level flight, with the bombs obviously going all over the place. AI Evasive Vertical Maneuvers disabled. Simply great!

I can't even file a proper bug report, since I am using a custom attack task script. Though I am fairly sure that there is nothing wrong with the script and this is on DCS. Grimes?

Edit: A single SA-6 STR in radar range has the same effect.

A-G_Fail.miz

A-G_Success.miz

Edited by MBot

Maybe you're asking too much from the AI. You should apply simple paths and tasks because it obviously tries to constantly adapt its behavior to the situation, thus conflicting with direct orders. Anyway like humans, AI is in this case programmed to not see where exactly are the SA-3 launchers and still executes the mission with the consequent safety margin.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Anyway like humans, AI is in this case programmed to not see where exactly are the SA-3 launchers and still executes the mission with the consequent safety margin.

I do not think this is the case here. First, the AI is set to React to Fire. Any deviation of the route depending on present threats would be in violation of the set behaviour setting. Second, omitting a dive bomb attack by climbing to an even higher altitude for a level delivery in the face of radar guided SAMs would be more risky, not less. Third, an aimed level delivery of dumb bombs from 22'000ft in a Tiger is outside of the aircraft's capabilities.

I do not think we are seeing here the AI trying to adapt to a different situation, because what is happening is in every way worse than the baseline behaviour. I think some bug is preventing the baseline behaviour from being executed correctly.

Not sure if it's bug or a feature. But when tasked with the destruction of key assets of the smaller fields, namely Lincoln and Pahute, MiG-15s that were based there never took off to respond. Neither when our package was inbound, nor when it started raining bombs. Yes, some of them were damaged on the ground, but few survivors could at least try.

Lincoln was so far away from everything that all 'Red' CAP flights never even bothered to reach it. Thus, we had the opportunity to bomb it out of existence without any counter whatsoever, apart from SAMs and AAAs.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |