any AA Tutorial?

assafm25

hi

i looking for a good way to lorn how to use the AA Tactics of this plane and how to use the gun sight

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Basicly the F-86 is a energy fighter - getting slow will kill You very fast.

Keep airspeed high

Don´t turn and climb simultainously if You can avoid it.

The reason why the Sabres where better in the Korean war, was due to much more experienced US pilots and teamwork.

As such (technically seen) the Mig-15 was superiour.

Simply use the common BFM rules and:

Only attack when You got the advantage (speed and/or altitude) - otherwise extend and dive away to escape.

FinnJ

• Like 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Basicly the F-86 is a energy fighter - getting slow will kill You very fast.

Keep airspeed high

Don´t turn and climb simultainously if You can avoid it.

The reason why the Sabres where better in the Korean war, was due to much more experienced US pilots and teamwork.

As such (technically seen) the Mig-15 was superiour.

Simply use the common BFM rules and:

Only attack when You got the advantage (speed and/or altitude) - otherwise extend and dive away to escape.

FinnJ

Well luckily we have the hard wing F-86F, which is just as good as MiG-15bis at altitudes lower than 35000 feet except in climb and acceleration. The MiG still needs some work here.

May be slightly off topic but, it is astonishingly nice just how close these historical rivals are. F-86 vs MiG-15 and Bf-109E vs Spitfire/Hurricane I & II are the most exciting historically met pairs of foes, at least in my opinion.

Different enough to be interesting, close enough to be always challenging. Can't wait for release of flyable MiG-15 and also Battle of Britain birds at some point.

Oh BTW, climbing and turning simultaneously is more or less a high yo-yo, one of the premier ways to not overshoot while still retaining energy wouldn't you say ;) ? I'd say an energy fighter would do this rather frequently, would it not :) ?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

May be slightly off topic but, it is astonishingly nice just how close these historical rivals are. F-86 vs MiG-15 and Bf-109E vs Spitfire/Hurricane I & II are the most exciting historically met pairs of foes, at least in my opinion.

Different enough to be interesting, close enough to be always challenging. Can't wait for release of flyable MiG-15 and also Battle of Britain birds at some point.

Oh BTW, climbing and turning simultaneously is more or less a high yo-yo, one of the premier ways to not overshoot while still retaining energy wouldn't you say ;) ? I'd say an energy fighter would do this rather frequently, would it not :) ?

True if Your got surplus of speed and want to get on Your adversaries tail.

But simply climbing and turning will bleed of too much energy.

Basic fighter manouvres still apply for combat, just don´t turn with the Mig while climbing if Your co-speed.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I still can't kill anything in this plane. I find its a difficult bird to fly in combat. You can't really fly it as a jet because of the limited armament and you can't really fly it as a WWII plane either. Its a whole new world IMO. Gonna take time getting use to this one.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still can't kill anything in this plane. I find its a difficult bird to fly in combat. You can't really fly it as a jet because of the limited armament and you can't really fly it as a WWII plane either. Its a whole new world IMO. Gonna take time getting use to this one.

Try against a single L-39ZA and keep speed high.

You can apply som slight flaps to help turning, but don´t bleed of too much speed.

Use the vertical to keep speed up during a turn by pointing the nose slightly below the horizon.

FinnJ

With the exception of turning below 30,000 feet. Though I've never bagged a -15, out turning it works perfectly.

what does that even mean

??

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly. The issue I'm having is that every time the -15 can't keep up in a turn, or even just get on my tail, it reverts to an incredibly sudden high climb that is impossible to keep up with for even a fraction of the manoeuvre.