M61 Noise.

Milano

I think my sound effect is the right one, but I find that it will play over and over after firing sometimes.

Is this when going just over Mach 1? This is intended, because you are flying at the same speed as the sound wave from the gun, which means you will hear it multiple times.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

IRL that is not the case both engine and gun sounds from what I understand do not change regardless of what speed you are flying.

You're probably right, I just assumed that it was the case as I've never flown a supersonic F-15 in real life :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

IRL that is not the case both engine and gun sounds from what I understand do not change regardless of what speed you are flying.

Well that really couldn't be the case since some (largest?) portion of the sound would be the sound propagating through the air outside of the plane while other sounds would be though reverberating through the chassis.

The gun is right next to you, you'll hear it and the supersonic crack as the projectile passes you. And from what I've heard engine sounds don't become quiet in the pit either because they are right next to you.lol:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The gun is right next to you, you'll hear it and the supersonic crack as the projectile passes you. And from what I've heard engine sounds don't become quiet in the pit either because they are right next to you.lol:D

The point I was getting at is these things while are in close proximity to the pilot but not in the direct plane of motion for the sound to travel in open air during supersonic flight. It makes sense that if there is sound from a supersonic projectile, that it would be quite consistently be producing noise behind it. With respect to the engines there wouldn't be absolute silence since some other the sound is going to be emanating from inside the cockpit behind the seat, but likely to be quieter overall than the sound of the engines that exists externally which you're ahead of. Whats most likely would be a change in frequency of the external sound being canceled out in supersonic flight.

When the jet reaches supersonic speed, the back seater can't talk to the front seater, he is unable to hear him. ;)

Once the jet slows down the front seater can hear everything the back seater said but with delay :music_whistling:

I've noticed that the F15C uses the GSh 301 sound instead of the included M61 one, at least in my computer.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is there any way to fix this other than swapping files?

My findings: FC3 F-15C uses VulcanCannon.wav for external sounds and, (you were wright), Gsh301in.wav for in-cockpit sound of the cannon. No ideal solution to this atm, I'm afraid.