DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume there would be an open beta period... but they havent announced anything yet....

There is already an open beta going on minus use. I saw the Mig-21 flying in Edge and I'm also wondering if that Sabre video is also done in Edge? It's just the Sabre looks alot more reflective in that video then it does on my monitor.

• ED Team
There is already an open beta going on minus use. I saw the Mig-21 flying in Edge and I'm also wondering if that Sabre video is also done in Edge? It's just the Sabre looks alot more reflective in that video then it does on my monitor.

That isnt open beta... all Sabre vids from Wags are done in 2.0.0

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

NEED EDGE

OH DEAREST EDGE! WHEREFORE ART THOU EDGE? Please come quickly edge, because I cant see a bloody thing in the current graphics engine.

In all seriousness, I cannot wait till the new engine comes out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Can you feel it? The tension? EDGE is close! Tempus fugit... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It would seem so, but what difference do a few weeks or months make now in comparison to the time that´s been fugitting until now...?

The only thing that I wonder is if NTTR will require further work because all we have seen so far is good ol' Georgia.

...and how massive the changes that 2.0.0 will ll bring really are. It sure sounded big.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Well, "close" is quite a relative term. After years waiting patiently a few more weeks or months realy don't bother me.

Whatever it will bring, it will be a big improvement...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team
It would seem so, but what difference do a few weeks or months make now in comparison to the time that´s been fugitting until now...?

The only thing that I wonder is if NTTR will require further work because all we have seen so far is good ol' Georgia.

...and how massive the changes that 2.0.0 will ll bring really are. It sure sounded big.

I think they are big...

NTTR will require extra work as far as setting up DCS World to accept the new map and all the goodies it brings, so you have integration of EDGE then Integration of the map, but one would think once the first map is in, the addition of more wouldnt take so long... but I am assuming...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's the anticipation the waiting to see if this will finally happen. I only have to look back to last December when I had high hopes. There was all the talk then of Nevada been imminent, but since then I've hardly heard anything about it.

I think they are big...

NTTR will require extra work as far as setting up DCS World to accept the new map and all the goodies it brings, so you have integration of EDGE then Integration of the map, but one would think once the first map is in, the addition of more wouldnt take so long... but I am assuming...

Yeah who knows, maybe some new devs will come on board specifically to provide maps... (And of course I am still hoping for a 3rd party to pick up the challenge of a real dynamic campaign for DCS... )

I think there are a lot of possibilities and I believe many devs are sitting back waiting for EDGE to be completed before they stick their toe in the water.. (I know I would wait rather than develop for the current DCS only to have to rework for EDGE..)

They can also watch how things go with the current 3rd parties and will be able to learn from their successes.. As well as their mishaps..

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I think they are big...

Yes, nothing is ever easy. I´m really looking forward to the first images/videos to showcase NTTR in EDGE.

It's the anticipation the waiting to see if this will finally happen. I only have to look back to last December when I had high hopes. There was all the talk then of Nevada been imminent, but since then I've hardly heard anything about it.

I´m right there with you. At some point back then I thought (hoped) it might be no more than 2-3 weeks or so. Boy, was I wrong. As a result I don´t really care anymore. But by now we have a pretty clear picture of what is to come and we know it can´t be much longer. After all, 2014 only has 5 months left... ;):devil_2:

Aaand within no more than 7 days I´ll have my Dora to try out...

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Yes, nothing is ever easy. I´m really looking forward to the first images/videos to showcase NTTR in EDGE.

I´m right there with you. At some point back then I thought (hoped) it might be no more than 2-3 weeks or so. Boy, was I wrong. As a result I don´t really care anymore. But by now we have a pretty clear picture of what is to come and we know it can´t be much longer. After all, 2014 only has 5 months left... ;):devil_2:

Aaand in no more than 7 days I´ll have my Dora to try out...

Yes, but 2011, 2012, 2013 came and went so I wouldn't get my hopes up about 2014 either. Although I have to be optimistic at some point so why not now. Yes, it will be released in 2014.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I'd much rather wait until it was ready over having something half-baked being released.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

It's maybe dumb question but is there on forum some thread which include full list of news and improvements integrated in new EDGE that ED developers officially published? Because when I've been reading many threads about EDGE i found that there are many unclear and untrusted informations spread by community (If I'm not mistaken) so is there some kind of official confirmed features list ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-My DCS screenshots-

It's maybe dumb question but is there on forum some thread which include full list of news and improvements integrated in new EDGE that ED developers officially published? Because when I've been reading many threads about EDGE i found that there are many unclear and untrusted informations spread by community (If I'm not mistaken) so is there some kind of official confirmed features list ?

The EDGE Info Sticky on the top of this Forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122230

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have a question that may already have been answered, but I don't really want to go though a 566 page thread to try and find it. When Edge does finally make it on to our PC's, is it going to lagg as bad as it does now in Multilayer or do you think this engine will make a difference regarding Multilayer?

Also, what are the minimum specs required to run Edge? Does anyone know?