Virtual Aerobatics Website Launched

VH-Rock

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, the 1.2.7 Beta is out! We'll be updating the server as soon as possible in hope of improved network play. If you see the server down for an extended period of time, this is probably why. We'll let you know as soon as the server is back up! VA Team.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

2 Year Anniversary Air Show - February 14th/15th 2015!

That's right folks, following the success of our one year anniversary air show in February this year, we have decided to move to a 2 day event next year!

We hope you will join us again for another fantastic weekend of virtual flying!

More info to follow at a later date!

• 2 months later...

Sorry, the ping limit was decided after a lot of trial and error with various settings. Unfortunately, higher pings do cause a lot of lag and can disrupt gameplay in the server. Whilst we know there are a lot of people that lie just outside that limit, we do our best to keep the server as usable as possible.

A wish from me too: Could you please disable exhaust pipe from Hueys?

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

He means the IR suppressor assemblies.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oh, sorry. Yes, it is a setting in ME on one of the other tabs (last?). Simply tick off the box saying something like: IR Exhaust suppression... works similar to Hardpoints on the armament tab.

Now you have a plain Huey. No Hardpoints. No additional panels on the turbine housing and the stovepipe on the exhaust is gone.

EDIT Especially nice on civilian skins! :-)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

He means the IR suppressor assemblies.
Thanks bud, will look into that
Yes it is "IR suppressor". There's an option in editor (in last tab). Sorry I couldn't recall its name (I was at work).

Thank you Shagrat and thank you Rock, in advance.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hey guys, just a little note ^^

since the post's been brought up I'd like to share some basic but essential feedback!

I've noticed the server occasionally comes down, which is absolutely fine but a little warning is always nice :)

Like a simple "Up and running/Offline" note on the website would be greatly appreciated.

It's the kind of things I like to see in I.E. The latest news section, or Server Info.

With map rotations: a little sidenote on I.E. weather changes, upcoming/available planes, with little info on the changes!

If it is present and I may have overlooked it then sorry! :P

------------------------------------

Side thought: Sometimes I'd like to see the sun move :) maybe not an entire Day&Night cycle, but a little sunset at the end of a 2 hour session could be really nice! In addition it would add a little sense of time as to when the server is about to reboot, other than the one in the chatbox!

Not sure if possible but in distant airports ( far away from lets call it "main spawn base" slight weather changes? A local cloud or depression could add a lot to flight experience and give a new fresh look at travelling across the map! I know that the Idea is to have clear skies for Aerobatics, but further away it's not as if anyone would be bothered by it!

To end this off, a great thanks to all the people and their dedication into keeping the server up, and to the frequent pilots, which keep the flying community in line to provide a lovely time for each and everyone of us !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

Side thought: Sometimes I'd like to see the sun move :) maybe not an entire Day&Night cycle, but a little sunset at the end of a 2 hour session could be really nice! In addition it would add a little sense of time as to when the server is about to reboot, other than the one in the chatbox!

I really like this idea.

Hi Julien, that's some fantastic feedback - Thank you!

The mission restarts every 2 hours and this is well advertised in the server itself. Ocassionaly, the server does crash and, in such cases, we manually restart it as soon as we are able to. If, for some reason, we can not restart immediately, we usually do post on our facebook page to let people know the server is down and we're working on it. I'm sure we can do a little more and post on the website itself without too much trouble. The only other down time is when we update the server and, again, we usually post on our Facebook page when we take the server down.

I will start posting on the website more, for those who don't have Facebook.

With regards to mission rotation, it is something that I would love to do. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated server software for dcs so, what we're working with, is really very limited. We have several custom scripts which our team has made to make our server more manageable. One of which, the auto recovery script, automatically starts the server with the most recent mission if it detects that dcs has crashed. We're going to run into trouble soon with regards to aircraft on the server as more modules come out. We're simply running out of spawn slots and, with no way to rotate missions, we're running out of options.

With regards to the weather, I'd love to do it, but I'm not sure it's possible with the dynamic weather system in dcs.

The time in the mission is another unavoidable problem. Due to the instability of dcs multiplayer, particularly with over 15 clients, we have to have the mission set to restart evert 2 hours and, as mentioned previously, the server has to load the same mission each time. If I had my way, I would have the server running on a 12 hour cycle from 8am to 8pm.

Perhaps, when edge is released (and we get some official dedicated server software), we could extend the server life a little.

• Like 1

well, for the mission rotation, i might have an idea.

1: you have the recovery script, so if DCS crashes, the server is restarted, aye?

2: so if thats the case, and saying, that you CAN select the mission in that case, then why not terminate the server* after those two hours, and let the recovery script start the server again with just another mission?

that could be done from without the DCS software.

IF you cannot tell your recovery software to start a specific mission, then just use a bash script, that will rename the mission file.

i.e.:

activemission.miz

mission2.miz

mission3.miz

etc.

rename activemission.miz to mission1.miz, then mission2.miz to activemission.miz between server restart.

if the missions filename cannot be changed, just use folders in the above described way.

as said, all this steps are working OUTSIDE DCS:World, so they WILL work.

;)

just an idea ;)

regards,

RR

*EDIT: DCS:World software is meant, not the hardware server itself.

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

We're going to run into trouble soon with regards to aircraft on the server as more modules come out. We're simply running out of spawn slots and, with no way to rotate missions, we're running out of options.

Assuming your religion forbids warm/air starts:)? I for one would fly the A-10C much more often on the server if it didn't take 5 minutes to start it, or to ferry it from the race starts, especially considering some stability issues (e.g. startup -> lag -> crash -> :mad:). No negativity intended, just suggesting.

But overall a great server and thank you for your contribution!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Roadrunner - that's a great idea! We'll look at doing that in the future.

I'm afraid we've always been against air starts for anything other than the race aircraft.

And now, unfortunately, some bad news:

Hi Guys,

I have been forced to take the VA server down for a couple of days, we are experiencing some issues since 1.2.9 and 1.2.10.

So we are going to re-install DCS and change over to SL-Mod.

We havent used this for over a year so we need to look into it and get the server back up and running.

My goal is to have this working and running again by the weekend but I cant promise anything yet,

As/when we have more updates I will post as such

Pman