Several questions regarding navigation and trim

Hey guys,

There are a few fairly fundamental navigation and trim questions that I'm currently struggling with in the continued absence of the full manual. Any help that anyone can provide would be hugely appreciated. :helpsmilie:

All of these questions relate to my attempts to play Airwar's Mi8 TOOTALL Mi8 UH v3.2 mission.

OK... here goes:

ARK-9

• How can I listen to the station signal?
    • I managed to use the ARK-9 to guide me to the LZ QUEBEC FARP, but I couldn't find a way to hear the signal.

[*]Which volume controls are needed?

• "Listening Volume" on the main radio panel?
    • "Common Volume" on the main radio panel?
    • "Gain" on the ARK-9 panel?

[*]Where do I "stop" the volume controls?

• None of the volume controls seem to have a "stop", so they all just rotate endlessly. Is there a "right" place to stop them?

[*]What does the TLF/TLG switch on the far left of the ARK-9 panel do?

ARK-UD

• How do I check that the ARK-UD is correctly configured and functional?
    • I've flown the TOOTALL mission multiple times and I've yet to ever see a signal on the ARK-UD, despite spending hours in the SAR zone. It's entirely possible that my instrument isn't correctly configured, but I have no idea how to check.

P-828 & JADRO 1A

• Are these two pieces of equipment relevant to navigation and, if so, how?
    • I'm not looking for an in-depth explanation, but a quick overview would be really helpful.

"DRIFT" DISPLAY

• What does the "drift" dial directly below the co-pilot's ADI do?
    • There was a moment when I was approaching the QUEBEC FARP when this instrument started displaying a distance (looked like DME) reading of 207km and falling.
    • This didn't seem to align to the distance to the ARK-9 signal I was tracking.
    • It was stranger for the fact that the doppler(?) equipment at the back right of the co-pilot's chair wasn't powered up.

TRIM DIALS

• Do these reset when they pass 0?
    • Similar to the radio dials, the trim dials just rotate endlessly.
      • Do they just infinitely add more trim?
      • Do they cap out a 9 and not add any more after that?
      • Do they reset as they reach 0?

I appreciate that this is a whole bunch of questions, but any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated as these questions have become more and more frustrating to me over the past few weeks.

Teach me your wisdom, guys. :smartass:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Lots of questions that I can answer for you but I am somewhat time limited ATM.

However a simple one answered to start.

To listen to the ARC 9 use the rotary dial for radio selection. There are 2 one above pilot and one above co-pilot. Use it to choose relevant radio

I got guests about to leave so will try to answer additional queries when able:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]