Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't post much but lurk often. Thanks for this update as a long time Blackshark simmer this is very much waited for and appreciated. Just beginning to get to grips with A10 but it looks like it's going on the backburner again for a while.

The level of immersion in the first Blackshark blew me away, A10 did it again and now this Woohoo.

I hope the Nightvision problem on multi monitors has been sorted.

:thumbup:

Well, yeah, radios work.

Do you mean in a specific way?

Could A-10 and KA-50 pilots communicate via a "patched" TARS or don't they share common frequency ranges?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Great Job ED! :thumbup:

I didn't play Blackshark for 2 years, but I will buy it to support you and the future DCS modules.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok here is what I found.

If I reinstall and patch to 1.02 I get an error msg from upgrade that "DCS Black Shark must be installed"

If I install only 1.0 the upgrade works as normal. I will patch BS to 1.02 after the upgrade as a workaround.

Out

OK, so what version would I have if I downloaded BS 1 from ED a few months ago because my CD got damaged?

If I don't have the original 1.0 it sounds like the upgrade will not work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Plainsight, please hash-check your downloaded files. Sounds like a corrupt download. md5 values should be on the site.

EDIT: Sniped. Dammit. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The 1.0 version is available for download on the DCS site. :)

Out

The English version of Black Shark (no version specified) is available for download.

My question is, what version is that?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK, so what version would I have if I downloaded BS 1 from ED a few months ago because my CD got damaged?

If I don't have the original 1.0 it sounds like the upgrade will not work.

You do have BS1 - you have the serial for BS1. Does not matter if you downloaded the files via the web or have the disc.

You need to uninstall it all, install and activate BS1 and thereafter install the $19-99 patch version to BS2.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The English version of Black Shark (no version specified) is available for download.

My question is, what version is that?

Download this one for BS1:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=4&end_pos=135&lang=en

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do have BS1 - you have the serial for BS1. Does not matter if you downloaded the files via the web or have the disc.

You need to uninstall it all, install and activate BS1 and thereafter install the $19-99 patch version to BS2.

I guess us Steam users are gonna have problems with this...

Steam provides no serial for Black Shark, and it's already patched to 1.02.

Voando.org - Brazilian Flight Community

I guess us Steam users are gonna have problems with this...

Steam provides no serial for Black Shark, and it's already patched to 1.02.

Your product key is stored somewhere I'm pretty sure.

Does STEAM not allow for a user to 'roll-back' so to speak? As a workaround one could always download the 2GB full version from the site and install, and thereafter uninstall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's with the training missions in Blackshark?

Are they upgraded, too to DCS Warthog style and standard?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]